Spork Boards

That's right, Mr. Meader- don't look here for thoze rum0rz...

Simon's Avatar Picture Simon – December 19, 2007 11:49PM Reply Quote
Yet Another Transplant Thread (credit to Brian Miller for the original) (and Robert Taylor for the 2nd edition)

So, when do you expect to see the next 21-slot G5 subnotebook with built-in antigravity? Or do you have other things to complain about regarding the Mac rum0rz press?

johnny k – October 23, 2013 11:40AM Reply Quote
I want to help you convince yourself to get the new and shiny, but I need the hardware to test our app, so the extra storage and radio are wasted on me.

porruka (Admin) – October 23, 2013 11:46AM Reply Quote
Failure is pre-greatness.
JK, I can't turn loose of the device - I need it for the same reasons you do - but if the testing is the sort that can be outsourced, let me know. It's a iPad 3rd gen 16GB WiFi.

Jeff Cooper – October 23, 2013 05:38PM Reply Quote
JK, I probably can't help you either, as my iPad 3 is a 64 GB (though wifi only, unlike Tom's).

ARL (Moderator) – October 23, 2013 06:00PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
JK, I have one (64GB wifi only) - but the freight may be cost prohibitive...

ARL (Moderator) – October 23, 2013 06:06PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Dave Loudin
Ooo, I hate waiting until 11/1. The Air is calling my name. The only question is 64, or 128?

Dave,

I've loaded a pile of apps on my 64GB (Seven screenfuls!) and it's only half full. Mind you for movies/musics I usually stream them from iTunes home sharing.

Unless you're wanting to swtore numerous movies/tv shows locally on it - 64GB is a decent amount.

YMMV...

Dave Loudin – October 23, 2013 07:11PM Reply Quote
Johnny k, I have a 1st gen iPad.

Tony, thanks for the information. I've got a few GBs of songs I store locally, so that still shouldn't tip the scales to 128.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2013 07:14PM by Dave Loudin.

johnny k – October 24, 2013 03:55AM Reply Quote
I have a 1st gen too, still in use. It looks like we need either a 3rd (preferably) or 4th gen iPad, as well as a 3rd or 4th gen iPod touch.

Jeff Cooper – October 24, 2013 10:14AM Reply Quote
Dave, just another data point: I have a 64 GB iPad 3. At the moment, it's still loaded with videos for viewing during my summer travels: 27 tv shows, three full-length soccer matches, and four movies (one of them an HD 720p movie from the iTunes Store--most of the other videos were converted from my DVR using EyeTV and Handbrake withe iPad preset). They total about 28 GB. All told, I have about 120 apps. I have about 1.6 GB of free space at the moment.

Unless you're really planning to load up with media (Garageband projects, video shot on and/or edited on the iPad, huge numbers of photos, etc.), I think 64 should be plenty.

John Willoughby – October 24, 2013 11:13AM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!
I've got a 64 GB iPad 2. Currently, I am carrying 34 half-hour TV shows, 4 movies, 7 audiobooks, about 600 songs, and a number of games. I am pretty much maxed out on storage. I'll get a 128 GB model, because my ultimate goal is all my media with me at all times. Screw the cloud, the cloud goes away!

ARL (Moderator) – October 25, 2013 01:57AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Given my movies & tv shows are now several Terabytes - I don't think I'll ever achieve that goal...

Jeff Cooper – October 25, 2013 09:03AM Reply Quote
Tony Leggett
Given my movies & tv shows are now several Terabytes - I don't think I'll ever achieve that goal...

Same here. I understand the desire, though. I got a 64 GB iPhone so that I could put the majority of my music on it and not have to rely on iCloud.

James DeBenedetti – October 26, 2013 12:33PM Reply Quote
I can’t remember which thread had the HBO (vs. Netflix) discussion, but this rumor is very interesting.

Dave Loudin – November 05, 2013 07:11AM Reply Quote
I'm now on the second day with my new iPad air. Finally, applications run smoothly like 3 years ago! Compared to the old gen 1 model, this feels like I'm holding paper. I can hold this comfortably in one hand while typing with the other.

Oh, and I went for the 128Gb model.

John Willoughby – November 05, 2013 07:19AM Reply Quote
Do you find the display to be a bit greenish? I'm trying to decide if it is just mine, or a trait of the whole line. It feels flimsy to me after my iPad 2; I'd gladly add 8 ounces if it would feel more like the iPad 2. I am loving the increased storage and am looking forward to seeing the how the new processor handles games.

Jeff Cooper – November 05, 2013 10:20AM Reply Quote
I decided to consolidate on the Air rather than the mini--the reduced weight resolves my biggest complaint about the full-sized iPad, and in the last week I've done a fair bit of reading of work-related pdfs that were much easier for me to read on a larger screen (it's not just a matter of low resolution on the existing iPad mini--it's a matter of being able to see a full page of text with the print at a comfortable size). Mine's on order; I hope to have it by the weekend.

Dave Loudin – November 05, 2013 11:10AM Reply Quote
John, my display seems to be ok, so it may be your luck of the draw. This does feel just the slightest bit flimsy, but I'll take that over the brick that is the original iPad.

John Willoughby – December 04, 2013 06:44AM Reply Quote

John Willoughby – December 10, 2013 10:49AM Reply Quote

porruka (Admin) – January 06, 2014 07:12AM Reply Quote
Failure is pre-greatness.

El Jeffe – January 06, 2014 08:36AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
The iPod Touch 5G is pretty thin, and unbelievably light. As if it were a fake, shell or toy. Amazing product.
But, I for one don't care about thin/light. It's ok in some situations, but not all.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login