Spork Boards
Hot Spork Chat : Join us in an AIM chat room!

That's right, Mr. Meader- don't look here for thoze rum0rz...

Simon's Avatar Picture Simon – December 19, 2007 11:49PM Reply Quote
Yet Another Transplant Thread (credit to Brian Miller for the original) (and Robert Taylor for the 2nd edition)

So, when do you expect to see the next 21-slot G5 subnotebook with built-in antigravity? Or do you have other things to complain about regarding the Mac rum0rz press?

porruka (Admin) – March 17, 2017 06:59AM Reply Quote
Failure is pre-greatness.

El Jeffe – September 08, 2017 01:34AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Simon
Yet Another Transplant Thread (credit to Brian Miller for the original) (and Robert Taylor for the 2nd edition)

So, when do you expect to see the next 21-slot G5 subnotebook with built-in antigravity? Or do you have other things to complain about regarding the Mac rum0rz press?

Searching for my original email about something totally unrelated, I came across an email from Brian Miller. Anyone remember Brian Miller? Keep in touch? I have absolutely NO recollection. The email was 17 years old.

El Jeffe – September 08, 2017 01:42AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
rabbit hole entered....

Now it's made me do some searching and found this "Mac Rumors" article ...

https://www.macworld.com/article/2036307/the-sad-state-of-apple-rumors.html

Back in the late 1990s, there was a rumor site called Apple Recon, run by Robert Morgan. (There’s not much of it left now.) Much of his writing focused on the “convergence” between computers and entertainment devices. He frequently claimed that Apple was working on a set-top box, and that Apple was coming to your living room. Crazy, huh?

Apple was indeed working on a set-top box back in the 1990s but nothing really came of it. At the time, Morgan’s missives seemed, if not crazy, at least off the mark. It wouldn’t be until 2006 that the company announced the Apple TV, then called the iTV. Frankly, it’s hard to imagine how that device would have worked using late 1990s technology, unless you felt like wiring your house for ethernet. But just as time heals all wounds, it also makes all Apple rumors possible.

John Willoughby – September 08, 2017 06:21AM Reply Quote
England expects that every man will do his duty. Ha-ha!
I remember Brian.

James DeBenedetti – September 08, 2017 08:18AM Reply Quote
El Jeffe
Anyone remember Brian Miller? Keep in touch? I have absolutely NO recollection.

If I remember correctly, he was a gay Republican who supported George Bush (because Gore was anti-gay or something?), thought corporations were against immigration because it increased workers' wages, and believed Sacramento had a significantly higher crime rate than Oakland. He was a prolific poster who I remember only because of his frequent and bizarre disconnects from reality.

El Jeffe – September 08, 2017 09:48AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
eclectic. My old brain forgets.

ARL (Moderator) – September 08, 2017 05:34PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
I remember Brian. My recollection was he was fairly left-wing (and this is me saying that) and um, passionate about his views.

Don't recall the George Bush or Republican thing but he had some "quirks" -- like being in favour of the 2nd amendment mostly so gay people could pack heat to protect themselves from hate crimes.

I'm pretty sure Brian was one of the early instigators of MacEdition as well, wasn't he?

bahamut – September 08, 2017 05:54PM Reply Quote
What happened to HWSNBN?

John Willoughby – September 08, 2017 06:49PM Reply Quote
Oh gods, I'd forgotten him. We've lost so many good Sporkers, let's not waste nostalgia on him.

Simon – September 13, 2017 03:41PM Reply Quote
I guess this is the place to post this then.

https://medium.com/envato/what-will-the-design-industry-look-like-in-2022-9ec802303219

Halfway down there's a screen shot with an image credit to MacEdition. And so here I am.

ARL (Moderator) – September 13, 2017 03:52PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Interesting article. I'd either forgotten or never heard about this though:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/25/16026236/adobe-flash-end-of-support-2020

Huzzah!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2017 03:53PM by ARL.

John Willoughby – September 13, 2017 03:53PM Reply Quote
Wow! Welcome back, Simon! Please stay and liven up our conversations! We need more signal to drown out my noise.

Looks like it's been five years. My MacBook Pro was NEW the last time that you visited.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2017 03:55PM by John Willoughby.

ARL (Moderator) – September 13, 2017 04:02PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Wow, it's been that long? Glad to see proof of life though!

(Unless Simon's a bot, you never know nowadays ;-)

ddt – September 13, 2017 04:43PM Reply Quote
Dobra dyen, tovarisch Simon! Just testing.

Welcome back!

Note that that Macedition image is from a NMR... .

Going to post that article link in the Designer Hangout Slack!

ddt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2017 04:44PM by ddt.

El Jeffe – September 14, 2017 12:30AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
lol. how is that image ME's? Hi Simon

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login