Spork De-Pork

Mokers's Avatar Picture Mokers (Moderator) – April 10, 2008 10:39AM Reply Quote
How did we forget this transplant?

tliet – October 14, 2010 10:09AM Reply Quote
Wow, congrats man!

ARL (Moderator) – October 14, 2010 04:32PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Impressive.

I think we need a Spork detox thread. Been spending a lot of time at the bottom of a whiskey bottle lately...

El Jeffe – October 15, 2010 02:37AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I'll be the usual, de-facto, designated driver. Good thing I never drink AND was the ONLY person in driver's ed to get As in both class(written) and road(driving)! :)
But, I might feel you up if you pass out! :)

bahamut – October 15, 2010 04:19AM Reply Quote
Awesome Madaracs! Night and day.

What are you doing?

I am 5' 11" and have been in the high 170s and low 180s for some time. Used to be 160 when I was 21. Those were the days. Anyway (minus the exception that I have been travelling so I've put on a good 8 pounds of bloat), I made it down from the 180s to the mid-170s over the summer and in the last week of August went on vacation where I lost some 2-3 more pounds. Have been down in the 172-174 range since the start of September. Goal is not to bloat up again this winter but to wind up under 170.

Some thoughts… actively NOT hitting the gym. It made me want to eat too much. I do bicycle (bought a new bike! 6 carbon 6 cannondale) and such though plus the vacation in August was based on lots of hiking, biking, climbing. I'm doing a lot of walking. Just avoiding the muscle building until I go down to the weight I'm at. Read a Times article about how it's hard to lose weight while exercising in the gym but then you can maintain it and convert weight to muscle. That's the goal ONCE I'm below 170.

One thing I notice is that my cravings diminish as I lose weight. If I'm up around 180 and I see a Dunkin Donuts, my mouth starts to water. A slice of pizza mid-afternoon seems awfully tempting. By the time I'm in the low 170s, I have no such desires. Lovely! If only I could do that about the booze...

Ron Burns – October 16, 2010 06:14AM Reply Quote
"We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation." Voltaire
>I am 5' 11" and have been in the high 170s and low 180s

Are we talking lbs avoirdupois or mm of mercury systolic here?

Madaracs – November 03, 2010 12:15PM Reply Quote
Ooh! Scary! Scary! Don't we look mean? You can't see me! But I can see you!
bahamut
Awesome Madaracs! Night and day.

What are you doing?

Mainly eating better. I'm on a plan called Slimgenics. It's a super expensive diet with a requirement to weigh in 3x a week. I'm now entering the maintenance phase... I lost a total of 51.25 lbs. After the maintenance and balance phase I am back to a 2500 calorie diet of healthy foods.

I still have my cravings and indulge on the weekends but for the most part I stay on plan all week which includes increased water intake, higher protein foods, lots of veggies and fruits a vitamin supplement and fish oil. It's all the stuff I knew I had to do but didn't have the will power to do. I also learned a lot about what foods work better during weight loss and how to cook better.

El Jeffe – November 03, 2010 12:39PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
saving the haircut for last? And shave. That'll take another 14 pounds off it looks like.

John Willoughby – November 22, 2010 01:20PM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!
Down 52 lbs since January. Low carbs.

El Jeffe – November 22, 2010 02:03PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
excellent

John Willoughby – November 22, 2010 02:20PM Reply Quote
It would be, if there weren't so much more to lose. The easy part is done, I'm afraid.

Dr Phred (Moderator) – November 22, 2010 02:48PM Reply Quote
owned by the mothership.
I'm stuck at the 50 lbs down point. But that's ok.
I feel good. And am devilishly handsome.

ARL (Moderator) – November 22, 2010 06:13PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Congrats both...

El Jeffe – April 12, 2011 12:50AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
How you doing John? (diet wise...and lizard wise too?)

John Willoughby – April 12, 2011 08:08AM Reply Quote
Started restricting calories on weekdays, as well as carbs, three weeks ago. My weight loss had stalled around the time of my last post here. Now, with fewer calories, starting to lose again. Just another 5 lbs. so far, but it's only been a few weeks.

Lizardification-wise, the eczema/psoriasis/whatever-the-hell-it-is continues at a low pace. No more massive scarring, but random blotches of scales continue. I am no longer the Lizard King, merely a Lizard Viscount.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2011 08:10AM by John Willoughby.

El Jeffe – April 12, 2011 12:21PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Better than being Visqueen....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login