Spork Boards

Boss Bitch

Simon's Avatar Picture Simon – December 18, 2007 02:38PM Reply Quote
For all your work woes.

johnny k – October 25, 2016 06:48PM Reply Quote
And not just the nanny.

ARL (Moderator) – November 02, 2016 05:31PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
We had our business Dropbox account hacked last night.

Still trying to figure out if files were just deleted or if data was stolen and how it happened.

The staff dropbox account they hacked in from had their laptop checked and there's no sign of virii/malware.

How likely is it that dropbox could be hacked at the server end? (Russia? Wikileaks!)

In uncharted waters atm...

John Willoughby – November 02, 2016 06:25PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Has said staff member sworn on a Bible/Quoran/copy of Dianetics that they never logged in from another computer, phone, or tablet? Was the Drop Box password sufficiently complex to deter a brute force attack? Has no other person had access to the laptop? Do you have two-factor identification turned on for Drop Box? (I'm not sure if business accounts allow that.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2016 06:26PM by John Willoughby.

Cloudscout – November 02, 2016 06:34PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
I haven't done an evaluation of Dropbox but you can look at their CAIQ self-assessment here:

https://cloudsecurityalliance.org/star-registrant/dropbox-inc/

Under "STAR Self-Assessment" you can download the full spreadsheet with extremely detailed data cross-referenced to pretty much every certification control you can imagine.

ARL (Moderator) – November 02, 2016 08:41PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
(Disclaimer, I am not the dropbox admin - we have a "separation of powers")

Well, looking through the logs it seems two staff accounts, not one as first thought, were hacked at virtually the same time.

Tracing the IPs gets what I assume is an internet kiosk in the Brisbane CBD and a wifi hotspot (I assume w/o password) right near a train station. A local job and most likely identity theft.

And for all dropbox's fandangled security, when you login from a new, never previously used IP address, dropbox doesn't even do a "it looks like you're logging in from a new device/location, is this you?" which even FB bloody does.

Until yesterday I didn't even know about the two-step verification. Reporting this to the relevant local authorities gets a "meh, fill out a report"

Grrr!

ARL (Moderator) – December 13, 2016 04:10PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Off to do a performance appraisal today for an extremely hostile staff member + their union rep.

FML

dharlow – February 01, 2017 08:20PM Reply Quote
Bad news from major client today, two of our major projects are cancelled and from another 75 day payment terms. Serious impact to our business and may have to lay off a majority of our staff.

johnny k – February 01, 2017 08:24PM Reply Quote
Fuck, sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can figure something out.

Bruce Robertson – February 01, 2017 09:44PM Reply Quote
Indeed, sorry to hear that.

El Jeffe – February 02, 2017 12:13AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
sorry.

ARL (Moderator) – February 02, 2017 02:11AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Shit, so sorry to hear that Dan...

John Willoughby – February 02, 2017 06:25AM Reply Quote
Sad to hear this, Dan. I hope that you'll be able to recover in good time.

Mokers (Moderator) – February 02, 2017 07:29AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
that is really terrible. good luck Dan.

Bruce Robertson – February 02, 2017 09:42AM Reply Quote
Any relationship to our soon to be great tired of winning economic environment ?

bahamut – February 02, 2017 11:00AM Reply Quote
That sucks Dan, sorry.

Bruce Robertson – February 03, 2017 01:25PM Reply Quote
I am mostly retired from Filemaker work. My former largest client does specialty travel. Russia; Iran. Oops, now processing massive loss of biz and reservations. AFAIK they are surviving so far. But.....

El Jeffe – February 07, 2017 02:17AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Using BB for career stuff...

http://www.businessinsider.com/better-to-be-a-software-engineer-than-a-pro-athlete-2017-1?utm_content=buffera0d9d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

If you want to be a millionaire, it's better to be a software engineer than a pro athlete

And once you're out in the workforce, the average career span is 40 years with an average annual salary at $125,418. The lifetime earnings potential adds up to $5,016,723, better than both the typical pro NFL player and typical pro MLB athlete.

John Willoughby – February 07, 2017 06:54AM Reply Quote
El Jeffe
Using BB for career stuff...

http://www.businessinsider.com/better-to-be-a-software-engineer-than-a-pro-athlete-2017-1?utm_content=buffera0d9d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

If you want to be a millionaire, it's better to be a software engineer than a pro athlete

And once you're out in the workforce, the average career span is 40 years with an average annual salary at $125,418. The lifetime earnings potential adds up to $5,016,723, better than both the typical pro NFL player and typical pro MLB athlete.

Better still to have a rich Daddy. Choose your parents carefully and you, too, can be an orange president.

John Willoughby – March 07, 2017 10:52AM Reply Quote
I love meetings where everybody brings their own proposal, the merits of each are discussed, one proposal is chosen for implementation, and then everybody goes back to their desk and implements their part of their own proposal.

ARL (Moderator) – March 07, 2017 02:51PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Doing exactly that with a logo redesign at the moment. My goodness my colleagues have absolutely no taste...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login