Spork Boards

iPhone

tliet's Avatar Picture tliet – December 17, 2007 03:22AM Reply Quote
Discuss it here

porruka (Admin) – September 21, 2016 09:46AM Reply Quote
Failure is pre-greatness.
Did I miss someone posting this? I don't recall seeing it previously (but I *am* in a code-induced haze...)

https://medium.com/chris-messina/silicon-valley-is-all-wrong-about-the-airpods-8204ede08f0f

Ron Burns – September 21, 2016 10:52AM Reply Quote
"We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation." Voltaire
Camera. My 6s plus is already excellent; the additional longer lens and other tweaks are irresistible. As the man said, the best camera in the world is the one that you have with you and it just got rather better. The bokeh processing (when it arrives!) will be extremely useful, and incidentally - and along with the other stuff that is going on - is just mind-blowing in terms of its processing demands. OK, my ancient mind is easily blown; I was deeply impressed with my PDP8..

bahamut – September 21, 2016 10:05PM Reply Quote
I didn't realize the boleh isn't available until iOS 10.1

I do love the plus size though.

johnny k – September 26, 2016 10:25AM Reply Quote
Turns out the T-Mobile upgrade while keeping your old plan was only for preorders, or at most the first few days after launch. I could've gone to a store and hoped to find a compliant sales rep, but that plus Bill Maher's closing monologue on consumerism on Real Time this weekend sealed the deal, and no new iPhones for us.

That monologue was pretty good, btw. Apple wasn't the point (though his preempting the specs argument was funny) — he ragged on the media/Wall Street more. Reminder that small businesses can chase a less distorted view of success.

bahamut – September 26, 2016 03:47PM Reply Quote
^bokeh

El Jeffe – December 09, 2016 09:26AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
"mainland invasion"?

El Jeffe – December 21, 2016 05:08AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Any good unlocked new or "good" refurb iPhone deals out there? I know Apple Refurb Store has 6s-es a bit off.
But any other good-trustworthy sites with discounts?

ARL (Moderator) – February 28, 2017 10:14PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!

Roger – March 02, 2017 05:11PM Reply Quote
Doubt it. I think Gruber's right and the rumor mill is garbling what's actually a switch to USB-C connectors on the other end of the cable.

John Willoughby – March 13, 2017 01:32PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support

El Jeffe – April 23, 2017 05:10AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
sitting here my iPhone just mysteriously vibrated/alerted. I can't see why. Is there any setting or utility/app that one can use to review alerts/notifications?

John Willoughby – April 23, 2017 12:09PM Reply Quote
I get a weird two-tone alert from my iPhone every Saturday at 10:47AM. There's nothing in the notifications to show what is causing it. It is probably some app notification, but damned if I know which one. Maybe a deleted Reminder, since I have had issues with "ghost" reminders in the past. No big deal at first, but it has become maddening with its untraceable repetition.

porruka (Admin) – April 23, 2017 07:21PM Reply Quote
Failure is pre-greatness.
John Willoughby
I get a weird two-tone alert from my iPhone every Saturday at 10:47AM. There's nothing in the notifications to show what is causing it. It is probably some app notification, but damned if I know which one. Maybe a deleted Reminder, since I have had issues with "ghost" reminders in the past. No big deal at first, but it has become maddening with its untraceable repetition.

And

El Jefe
sitting here my iPhone just mysteriously vibrated/alerted. I can't see why. Is there any setting or utility/app that one can use to review alerts/notifications?

Settings > Notifications

Scroll through the app list -- look for apps that have "Sounds" and nothing else enabled.

[Edit] Or even just sounds on, regardless of the remainder. That will give you a suspect list.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2017 07:22PM by porruka.

El Jeffe – April 24, 2017 06:08AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
oh my gersch.... so ... many ... apps...

John Willoughby – April 24, 2017 12:41PM Reply Quote
Yeah, I've done this. Culled as many as possible. There are some additional complications if you have an Apple Watch, in that the Notification settings for Watch apps allegedly override the Notification settings on the phone. There really should be an option to require audio notifications to leave at least a one-line text notification.

El Jeffe – June 21, 2017 08:07PM Reply Quote
What a journey.

ddt – June 27, 2017 10:09AM Reply Quote
iOS11 public beta. Anyone doing this? Gonna go check the Ars fora on that, though I can't afford any issues so am waiting. I've heard earlier betas were really slow.

ddt

John Willoughby – June 27, 2017 11:07AM Reply Quote
Everybody that I have heard of with the new iPads say that iOS 11 is a huge step forward, and worth the bugs. I'm too timid and will await GM release.

bahamut – June 27, 2017 03:04PM Reply Quote
I'm tempted but it'd shut down nonconforming apps so I'll wait.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login