Spork Boards

DealSpork

Cloudscout's Avatar Picture Cloudscout – December 16, 2007 02:55PM Reply Quote
"What do you mean $500 for a black-and-white 5-inch portable TV set? My brother-in-law can get it for you wholesale!"

El Jeffe – November 05, 2017 04:53AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
tomierna
Wyze cam seems to be the Xiaomi Camera Smart Security Wireless IP camera, with revised firmware and 14 day rolling cloud storage.

Oh, you're being literal? It's a xiaomi?

Next up, they (Wyze) needs to do a Wyze-meets-Waze dashcam. Tie-in to Waze's interaction (nee social) features, and be a dashcam that you can then add photos/and-or video clips to one's construction/traffic/hazard reporting entries. On the subject of Waze, I would like to swing back to hardware designed just for Waze. Physical buttons to quickly do home/work; as well as report hazards, police, jams, etc. I don't engage in the phone interface so much because of distractions. But would be easier if they had a hardware (think GPS Nav device) that had big, real buttons. Just my 2¢.

My Wyze is also an RSA TOKEN "Anywhere" Cam. Just point it at my RSA token, and I don't need to carry it around, nor risk losing it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2017 04:54AM by El Jeffe.

ddt – November 05, 2017 05:42AM Reply Quote
Does that use an iOS app? There's Workflow (which Apple bought but there's still the app, IIRC and things haven't changed recently).

So what do people do if they're remote and can see that the wash is done?

ddt

El Jeffe – November 05, 2017 06:16AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Saw this on Wyze site

WyzeCam – October 30, 2017
While WyzeCam may look the same as Xiao Fang smart camera sold on the Xiao Mi website, they’re completely two different products with different firmware using different apps. WyzeCam doesn’t work with Mi Homekit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2017 06:16AM by El Jeffe.

El Jeffe – November 05, 2017 06:23AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
ddt
Does that use an iOS app? There's Workflow (which Apple bought but there's still the app, IIRC and things haven't changed recently).

So what do people do if they're remote and can see that the wash is done?

ddt

I've never done laundry, but I can speculate...
They walk to the laundry room.... yelling back and forth "Hey ... is the (sumpin' or other machine) free?" OR "!!! Have you got yer' crap outta the laundry room, yet?"...

I'm only doing this to avoid hearing humans vocalize their displeasure with the process/system.

Similarly.. like I do not drink coffee... when I sat near the coffee nook, I always heard similar protestations about "Dammit! Someone took the last cup and did not make more..." et al... So, what did I do? For years, I made sure all three coffee pots were not half-empty or less. I had to first learn how MUCH coffee to put in. And at times I would do experiments like swap caffeinated with regular, to see if anyone vocalized "Hey, this is caffeinated!!!"... (none were ever heard). I now sit as in far reaches, where no one has reason to come to my dead-end area, least of which to refill the FREE COFFEE (but NOT hot chocolate) there are receiving.

Back to laundry, everyone appears to converge on the same 20 minutes of each week that they all plan to clean clothes at the same time. Most issues could be avoided by planning ahead.

johnny k – November 05, 2017 08:24AM Reply Quote
I wouldn't want to have to pull out my phone and launch an app. If there's a way to get the photos off via a HTTP interface, it'd be straightforward to write a little web service that watches the small areas where the light goes on and detect a change, then notify you. But vibration detection would be a lot easier than computer vision. Sounds more like a job for a Twine (maybe next year).

El Jeffe – November 05, 2017 10:05AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Twine goes to hallway, opens up closet, reaches up to pull-chain... on comes light... dusty Twine Superhero leotard is sole garment hanging; dusty, with a slight twinkle from the rhinestone-encrusted epaulette, just before fade to black. SUMMER 2018.

ddt – November 05, 2017 10:37AM Reply Quote
Where's my SuperTwineSuit???

ddt

El Jeffe – November 05, 2017 11:58AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
"Sidekick Dan"

ddt – November 05, 2017 05:27PM Reply Quote
I'm. Your. Number. One. Fan.

(Said without blinking.)

ddt

johnny k – November 05, 2017 07:26PM Reply Quote
Twine 2x is actually not an electronic device, but a protomolecular substance that imbues objects it's sprayed on with an API, and in some individuals, takes the shape of an intelligent Lycra bodysuit.

El Jeffe – November 05, 2017 11:56PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
LabRat Dan, 'tis, then.

John Willoughby – November 06, 2017 10:33AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support

El Jeffe – December 03, 2017 04:59AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
$70 for four camera security system (no HD) is danged cheap!
Best buy I’ve ever seen… https://goo.gl/BGEhGw

El Jeffe – December 03, 2017 05:31AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
$199 Mac Mini https://goo.gl/a5EPH8
Apple Mac mini "Core 2 Duo" 2.4 (Mid-2010) Specs
Identifiers: Mid-2010 - MC270LL/A - Macmini4,1 - A1347 - 2364
Apple Mac mini "Core 2 Duo" 2.4 (Mid-2010/Aluminum Unibody) features a 2.4 GHz Intel "Core 2 Duo" (P8600) processor, a 3 MB on-chip level 2 cache, a 1066 MHz frontside bus, 2 GB of 1066 MHz DDR3 SDRAM (PC3-8500) memory, a 320 GB 3 Gb/s Serial ATA hard drive, a slot-loading 8X double-layer "SuperDrive", and a NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor with 256 MB of memory shared with the system.

BENCHMARKS https://browser.geekbench.com/macs/88

My main Mac is the TOP ONE.. this is not bad for $200, imo. Slap an SSD in it, and should be good general purpose mac.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2017 05:37AM by El Jeffe.

bahamut – December 04, 2017 01:40PM Reply Quote
That Wyze camera is awesome. I bought one. I love it.

El Jeffe – December 04, 2017 03:39PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
again, for the "$20" (plus shipping) it packs a punch.

John Willoughby – March 28, 2018 11:26AM Reply Quote
Best Buy allegedly selling MacBook Airs for $699, today only.

El Jeffe – April 11, 2018 03:35PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
some reason I want this 8 year old, 17" MacBook with 12 charge cycles... https://goo.gl/QkHczE

El Jeffe – April 20, 2018 01:37AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
bahamut
That Wyze camera is awesome. I bought one. I love it.

Ok, I feel I need to remind everyone that if you have EVER thought about getting a security camera and were TOO CHEAP to do so...

BUY A WYZE CAM or buy some for your family, and if you have friends, maybe them, too.

https://www.wyzecam.com

John Willoughby – April 20, 2018 07:52AM Reply Quote
I'll give a WyzeCam a shot... the price is right.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login