Spork Boards

Digital Lifestyle

Cloudscout's Avatar Picture Cloudscout – December 16, 2007 07:54PM Reply Quote
"Digital hubs." iPod and its successors. (iPhone?) Convergence. How ridiculous will DRM get? Yep, put it all together and it just might make for a successful thread.

porruka (Admin) – April 05, 2015 10:10PM Reply Quote
Failure is pre-greatness.
Nothing yet here either; was just checking today...

ddt – April 05, 2015 10:41PM Reply Quote
Dunno, sorry, too busy downloading Mad Men via other means.

ddt

John Willoughby – April 05, 2015 10:54PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Same for me, sir, it's not just you.

El Jeffe – April 06, 2015 03:57PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
co worker enlightened me about samsung's ultra power saving mode. AMOLED screen, greyscale. kinda cool.

porruka (Admin) – April 07, 2015 10:28AM Reply Quote
Let the server meltdown begin (as it seems to have...) -- HBO NOW signups are technically open.

... and so much for Apple's launch exclusive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2015 10:29AM by porruka.

porruka (Admin) – April 07, 2015 10:32AM Reply Quote
dpbd!

as of this moment (I'm sure it varies based on Apple's server updates), if you click the logo icon in desktop iTunes, you may get a "this item not available in the US app store" sort of message. Just click the download button then go a device to get the app "from the cloud". That's what worked for me.

porruka (Admin) – April 07, 2015 10:49AM Reply Quote
Post more, with feeling...

Aaaaand, it's predictably broken.

porruka (Admin) – April 07, 2015 11:01AM Reply Quote
Four!

They say you have to use special characters in the password, but apparently '@' is too special. If you get the ever-helpful "An error occurred", try simplifying your password.

porruka (Admin) – April 07, 2015 11:05AM Reply Quote
And finally, ffs -- the web version is still Flash-based.

John Willoughby – April 07, 2015 09:30PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Yeah, '#' is TOO special as well. Screwed me up for a bit. Streaming's been decent, though.

porruka (Admin) – April 07, 2015 10:43PM Reply Quote
I don't know about in the app as far as initiating a subsequent pwd change, but later I changed it in the web interface to include the special characters and all was good (including changing it at the app level as well). Maybe someone just fubared the initial filter script?

And I do have to agree, once past the signup hiccups, the content streaming showed no signs of failure.

ARL (Moderator) – April 08, 2015 12:32AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Noticed the little icon in the AppleTV today.

I might give it a day to avoid the stampede and make sure all my geododging ducks are properly lined up...

And flash based? Nice job HBO.

(Imaging how pissed Steve would be with that)

ARL (Moderator) – April 08, 2015 06:01AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Are you guys using the free 1 month trial?

Not getting any joy here - it accepts my apple ID and then says cannot connect to iTunes store.

[Edit] now working.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2015 06:13AM by ARL.

ARL (Moderator) – April 08, 2015 06:46AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Followup question, will HBO Now subscriptions be updateable with iTunes gift cards?

My credit card was rejected

porruka (Admin) – April 08, 2015 09:57AM Reply Quote
ARL
Followup question, will HBO Now subscriptions be updateable with iTunes gift cards?

My credit card was rejected

It appears to be a standard in-app purchase, so I expect "yes".

porruka (Admin) – April 12, 2015 11:16PM Reply Quote
Giving HBO NOW a cautious thumbs-up. No streaming issues here for the GoT premiere.

ARL (Moderator) – April 13, 2015 04:43AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
porruka
Giving HBO NOW a cautious thumbs-up. No streaming issues here for the GoT premiere.

Me too.

However, I watched it at 4.50pm AEST. I tried to watch something later on Netflix at about 7pm AEST (presumably peak time) and it was awful.

Australia really needs the NBN upgrade

El Jeffe – April 14, 2015 04:17PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
photos sucks

ARL (Moderator) – April 17, 2015 09:35PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Fuck you, HBO.

Dear HBO NOW User:

It has come to our attention that you may have signed up for and viewed video content on the HBO NOW streaming service from outside of the authorized service area (the United States, including D.C. and certain US territories).

We would like to take this opportunity to remind you that the HBO NOW streaming service is only available to residents of the United States, for use within the United States. Any other access is prohibited by our Terms of Use.

If you feel that you have received this message in error, and that you have both met the eligibility requirements for HBO NOW and have been using the service within the United States, please call us at 1-855-366-2183. If we do not hear from you by April 21, we will proceed with deactivating your HBO NOW account without further notice to you. Please note that it is your responsibility to cancel any automatic billing with your Subscription Provider to avoid incurring charges for any future months.
Thank you,
The HBO NOW Team

I did default to just using a DNS based workaround rather than a full blown VPN (the VPN was playing up with the AppleTV) so I guess I could try signing up under a new US iTunes account and again fiddling with the VPN settings.

I guess that rather than taking my money they'd rather I did things the much easier way (for me) and simply stole it...

El Jeffe – April 18, 2015 07:01AM Reply Quote
What a journey.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login