Spork Boards

Digital Lifestyle

Cloudscout's Avatar Picture Cloudscout – December 16, 2007 02:54PM Reply Quote
"Digital hubs." iPod and its successors. (iPhone?) Convergence. How ridiculous will DRM get? Yep, put it all together and it just might make for a successful thread.

bahamut – November 23, 2014 12:29PM Reply Quote
I warn any of you who have not updated to 5.x to stay away. It is a bag of hurt. It broke all my previously shared links among other faults.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2014 12:30PM by bahamut.

John Willoughby – November 24, 2014 06:54AM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!
They're selling to marketers, so they're speaking Marketese. It's all gibberish to me.

porruka (Admin) – November 24, 2014 08:21AM Reply Quote
Failure is pre-greatness.
programmatic = "more automated" vs "we'll handhold you through the sticker shock"

Bottom line: expect higher ad inventory fill from (probably) new-to-iAd buyers that use systems instead of relationships to buy space. Pricing to advertisers will be more fluid/flexible since many of these processes involve "auctions" and/or "dynamic pricing".

ddt – November 24, 2014 03:34PM Reply Quote
Well, this is kind of what we came up with: http://www.campaignlive.com/article/apple-takes-iad-programmatic/1323505

ddt

Cloudscout – November 25, 2014 08:46AM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
Finished upgrading my Windows Server last night to add the four 4TB drives and an IBM M5015 RAID controller. It's incredibly fast. Sadly, my Seagate NAS is incredibly slow so the process of migrating my data is going to take a couple of days. It's averaging 23MB/sec. and I have about 4.25TB data to move.

Mokers (Moderator) – November 25, 2014 11:00AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
I got picked to try out the Amazon Echo. Not sure if it is worth $200, but at $100 for prime members, I think I will give it a shot. Going to give it a try in lieu of an alarm clock in the bedroom.

ddt – November 25, 2014 11:31AM Reply Quote
Mean hack: program it so that every time a human says "echo", it immediately says "echo" right back. That'd never get old.

ddt

Cloudscout – November 25, 2014 12:23PM Reply Quote
Have you read the book "Old Man's War" by John Scalzi? If not, you should read it. If you have, then you know what I will be "naming" my echo if I ever get an invite for it.

El Jeffe – November 25, 2014 12:25PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
can ducks use those?

Mokers (Moderator) – November 25, 2014 01:19PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Cloudscout
Have you read the book "Old Man's War" by John Scalzi? If not, you should read it. If you have, then you know what I will be "naming" my echo if I ever get an invite for it.

Asshole

Love that book though. Going to be a series on SyFy

ddt – November 25, 2014 02:30PM Reply Quote
His "Redshirt" is good, too.

ddt

Cloudscout – November 25, 2014 02:31PM Reply Quote
Mokers
Love that book though. Going to be a series on SyFy

I remember a movie was announced years ago that never happened. Hopefully this is more than just vaporware again.

Mokers (Moderator) – November 25, 2014 07:06PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin

ddt – November 25, 2014 07:20PM Reply Quote
"Footnote: I lie to myself all the time. I tell myself I'm handsome enough, talented, and smell okay."

ddt

El Jeffe – November 26, 2014 01:15AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
oooookay... my iPad just started playing music from iTunes all by itself. it's only been on a charger for two days straight.
the screen shows the iTunes mini player thing at 'lock' screen.
what the hell?
I don't even know how to turn it off, short of resetting the iPad.

johnny k – November 26, 2014 06:45AM Reply Quote
Did you accidentally say, "Hey Siri, play some music"?
If you double tap on the home button, audio controls come up over the lock screen.

El Jeffe – November 26, 2014 09:10AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
It was just leaning against the wall, in a case (front/back/enclosed). I was talking to my wife and it started playing music. I don't even listen to music on it or the Mac near it, either.
And I've never used Siri; didn't even realize it's ON my iPad. (is it?)

So, after posting above, I noticed my mac bar at bottom of screen had a little torn off/attached piece at the left. Not sure what would have triggered it. but I went into sys prefs and turned off "Allow handoff..." again, though no clue how that happened. There are five Macs near me, and probably 7 or 8 iDevices (no phones) in house, too. Oh well, I might never know. surprising.

Cloudscout – November 26, 2014 09:58AM Reply Quote
Is it near the potters wheel? Was it playing Unchained Melody?

ddt – November 26, 2014 10:34AM Reply Quote
Was it playing "I am the Walrus" backwards? Is your real name Paul?

ddt

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login