Spork Boards

Digital Lifestyle

Cloudscout's Avatar Picture Cloudscout – December 16, 2007 02:54PM Reply Quote
"Digital hubs." iPod and its successors. (iPhone?) Convergence. How ridiculous will DRM get? Yep, put it all together and it just might make for a successful thread.

John Willoughby – September 09, 2008 08:15AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Anonymous opt-in genius bar in iTunes. Sounds like Pandora-style recommendations.

Dr Phred (Moderator) – September 09, 2008 08:18AM Reply Quote
owned by the mothership.
join us on spork ichat

John Willoughby – September 09, 2008 08:21AM Reply Quote
Can't. At work.

Roger – September 09, 2008 08:34AM Reply Quote
Coming dangerously close to the erstwhile rainbow Apple logo:
ipodletsrock54.jpg

Cloudscout – September 09, 2008 08:38AM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
New iPods are going to come with jelly shoes, Hypercolor t-shirts and Wham! music preloaded?

Roger – September 09, 2008 08:51AM Reply Quote
God, wouldn't that be awesome. Actually, I was expecting the e-box-set business (and themed iPods) would've taken off a bit more than it has by now -- the shift to downloading seems to be bad for the random swag and trinkets you used to get if you wanted to get deeply into a particular band or artist. The U2 iPod once looked like an indicator of things to come, but it wasn't.

Jeff Cooper – September 09, 2008 09:06AM Reply Quote
I don't see anything that's going to get my wallet out of my pocket, but then I'm already well stocked with iPods (and an iPhone). I'm glad to see NBC is coming back, though.

John Willoughby – September 09, 2008 09:10AM Reply Quote
Ditto.

Dr. Strangelove – September 09, 2008 09:16AM Reply Quote
Tritto. The iPod Touch is an interesting device, but it's $100 to expensive.

Roger – September 09, 2008 09:19AM Reply Quote
Agreed, no immediate must-buys here (though the new in-ear headphones might be worth a look as an iPhone upgrade). They're actually killing the device I'd be most likely to buy this fall-winter season, the 160GB iPod Classic. Might be a good time to look for close-outs.

Dave Loudin – September 09, 2008 09:25AM Reply Quote
Nano is back to the 2nd gen form factor, but with curves! Comes with accelerometer so you can shake it to shuffle.

Dave Loudin – September 09, 2008 09:27AM Reply Quote
Jeff Cooper
I don't see anything that's going to get my wallet out of my pocket, but then I'm already well stocked with iPods (and an iPhone). I'm glad to see NBC is coming back, though.

I think my 2nd gen nanos knew this day was coming...

Jeff Cooper – September 09, 2008 10:23AM Reply Quote
My first-generation nano is feeling relatively comfortable for now. Maybe when the new ones are available as refurbs ....

Actually, for me the purchase made more likely by today's announcements is an Apple TV--I'm assuming I can't use my 5G iPod to output HD television shows to my widescreen. I'm still going to hold off for awhile, though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2008 10:24AM by Jeff Cooper.

Mokers (Moderator) – September 09, 2008 12:16PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
I am going to look at picking up a refurb video iPod Nano so I can finally start some Nike+ goodness. Nothing here made me need to replace anything else.

El Jeffe – September 09, 2008 12:24PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I love my fatty.

Nano, that is.

Pocket (shirt pocket nerd) form factor. Just make it same size (fatty) but all touch-like.

I don't want an elongated Nano

Simon – September 09, 2008 05:19PM Reply Quote
If I wasn't at work i would do this but someone needs to grab that new ipod nano ad and put that "shes a rainbow" song they used in the original imac colours ad over the top of it.

ddt – September 10, 2008 07:46AM Reply Quote
went to a "long now foundation" talk last night with neal stephenson -- ugh. what a dreary, humorless and charm-free man. and his writing is soooooo bad. if he just accepted that it's pulp science fiction, it'd be fine, but it was just bad writing. and all the "thinkers, mathematicians, foreseers" read his stuff and adore him because he makes them feel like they're heroes who could save the world, while the "secular" not-thems are doomed.

bah.

ddt

Madaracs – September 10, 2008 09:20AM Reply Quote
Ooh! Scary! Scary! Don't we look mean? You can't see me! But I can see you!
Oooo. Heroes. Coooool.

Dr. Strangelove – September 10, 2008 02:17PM Reply Quote
Does anyone else find that podcast syncing is broken in the more recent iTunes? No matter what setting I use (all unplayed, all new, most recent new, least recent new), iTunes syncs all podcasts to my iPod (30 GB classic iPod). Anyone else see anything like this?

El Jeffe – September 10, 2008 03:28PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I have found that podcasts are more better (yep more better) synced when I use a smartplaylist. So, then they really sync under music/playlists, and not podcasts. Give it a shot.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login