Spork Boards

Local Politics

Dr Phred's Avatar Picture Dr Phred (Moderator) – March 08, 2008 06:50PM Reply Quote
Enough about the president already!

John Willoughby – March 08, 2010 02:11PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
He vill be our Phührer.

Dr Phred (Moderator) – March 08, 2010 06:51PM Reply Quote
owned by the mothership.
John Willoughby
He vill be our Phührer.

That's Phucking Phunny.

You can be my head minion.

John Willoughby – March 08, 2010 07:12PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Only if no actual head is involved.

ddt – March 08, 2010 07:37PM Reply Quote
sooo close to the return of pfhor jokes.

ddt

ddt – May 28, 2010 05:59PM Reply Quote
dpbd:

well, mixed bag. on the one hand, the candidate is not far off from a cretin, and it's sad that even in a highly republican district in an off-year election the dems couldn't get it together to primary in a credible candidate. on the other hand, I am really proud of how educated and articulate many of those "average citizen" questioners are.

ddt

porruka (Admin) – May 28, 2010 07:25PM Reply Quote
Failure is pre-greatness.
LOL, at least you're not fighting for poultry! Against poultry! For! Against! FOR! AGAINST!

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_NEVADA_SENATE_CHICKEN_COSTUMES?SITE=NVREN&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2010-05-26-19-49-30

Jeff Cooper – June 01, 2010 10:09AM Reply Quote
ddt
dpbd:

well, mixed bag. on the one hand, the candidate is not far off from a cretin, and it's sad that even in a highly republican district in an off-year election the dems couldn't get it together to primary in a credible candidate. on the other hand, I am really proud of how educated and articulate many of those "average citizen" questioners are.

ddt

Makes me proud to be a Hoosier.

The Fifth District is about as solidly Republican as they come; even in Dem years like '06 and '08 they didn't come close to knocking off Dan Burton (who thoroughly deserves to be knocked off). My district, the Fourth, isn't much different. In '02, my first election cycle in the district (although it was a slighly different district then), I wasn't even aware that there was a Democratic candidate until about a week before the election. In '08, the Dems put up a semi-plausible candidate--a nice, intelligent man who campaigned hard--and he got creamed by the ethically-challenged incumbent, Steve Buyer. This year, the Dems have a Purdue professor who ran, and lost badly, in '04 and '06; the Republicans have Todd Rokita, currently the Indiana secretary of state, who will win by at least 30 points. It's frustrating, but it's also understandable--given the demographics of the district, why would a serious Democratic candidate want to waste his/her time? (Buoyed by the response I got to a couple of political speeches I gave in 2005, I briefly thought about gearing up for a quixotic run, and just as quickly decided that I don't do quixotic).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 10:10AM by Jeff Cooper.

ddt – June 01, 2010 10:20AM Reply Quote
cool... thanks for the insight, jeff.

are you teaching? maybe that could be a student's final project... . sounds like a learning experience, at least. a chance at doing an ethnographic or qual study.

ddt

stan adams – June 01, 2010 04:09PM Reply Quote
The fun thing about quixotic quests is that you can choose to stop reading them when someone does become governor, even if it is only an imaginary island... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Quixote#Plot_summary

ddt – July 27, 2011 03:10AM Reply Quote
Phred, Sparby... fix this, please.

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – July 27, 2011 07:50PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Class action lawsuit against the churches for wrongful death will fix that...

Oh, and this:

http://www.itgetsbetter.org/

ghidorah – July 31, 2011 04:20PM Reply Quote
Raise taxes on cavemen. --jw
how could this possibly be a coincidence? I'm dumbfounded at the speed at which our democracy (civil society?) is crumbling.

ddt – August 08, 2011 02:10AM Reply Quote
Speaking of Wisco...

Okay, I admit that this makes me angry -- endangering kids, a friend of mine was killed by a drunk driver with kids in the car (at 10am).

But also and again: personal responsibility? Isn't that the cry of the Republican party? Against greedy teachers, unions, welfare recipients, people who want family planning and health care? Look at her non-apology: I was doing too much, I have a disease, what the hell do you want from me???

ddt

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login