Spork Boards

I Watch, You Watch, We All Watch For iWatch

John Willoughby's Avatar Picture John Willoughby – September 08, 2014 03:23PM Reply Quote
We need a thread for this, even in the vanishingly small chance that the iWatch isn't announced tomorrow.

John Willoughby – March 09, 2015 09:56AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Yeah, I've just been set for years on making this my "nice" watch. If it happens at all, it's going to be the sport edition. Unless I get a hell of a raise at work or a hell of a tax refund.

johnny k – March 09, 2015 12:45PM Reply Quote
Interesting - Wifi connectivity to devices. Does this mean there is a Wifi chipset and antenna in the Apple Watch?

Yep, no other way to do it. This was hinted at back at the unveiling. Wonder for what/when it's used, since it can't help battery life. Perhaps media transfer is faster.

As far as watches designed by Marc Newson go, the Apple Watch is an absolute bargain.

The demo, especially the health stuff, is starting to sell me, and I like the steel model. But aside from having a Windows Phone (boy, doesn't this make the Microsoft Band look like a pile of shit), I just can't get comfortable with wearing something this expensive and old-world on me. Like, my wrists aren't hairy and clutching a whiskey glass. More my style.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2015 12:52PM by johnny k.

El Jeffe – March 09, 2015 01:13PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
It's like somehow Apple took the iPod Nano and made it $17,000.

ARL (Moderator) – March 09, 2015 03:09PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!

El Jeffe – March 10, 2015 01:45AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
For a multi-thousand dollar watch, I'd expect NOT an adjustable watchband, but one custom fit (aka bespoke in UK parlance) to the user's wrist.
I still feel that this watch while not being a full-on 'iPod sock' or 'Apple wifi', is just not as important as the EVENT would have one believe.
I personally am dissatisfied that Apple has not done anything with e-ink. Think of battery life for this or others applications.
If ever there was an application for something like Samsungs display 'bent round the edge', the watch seems MORE appropriate than a phone whose edge one holds.
e-ink on the edges of the phone for the next appointment or latest sms/text would be nice. turn OFF/down the color pixies on top until you need to burn battery, imo.

Roger – March 10, 2015 11:00AM Reply Quote
I'm still feeling like a lot of the initial Watch marketing is being botched a bit, but one neat thing I haven't seen getting that much coverage is the actual-size Watch face preview within the Apple Store app. Easy way to do a virtual try-on.

El Jeffe – March 10, 2015 11:28AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
close as I will get to owning one. :)
requirement of I guess a DATA PLAN(ned) iPhone is deal killer for me.
I'll never own a data plan. Too 'spensive.

porruka (Admin) – April 06, 2015 06:46AM Reply Quote
Failure is pre-greatness.
Is it just me or is the editorialization in the first Apple Watch intro video cringeworthy? The feature descriptions are ok, I suppose, but the semi-monotone "You will have a lot of fun using it" (and other examples) seem so far below useful... I'm not even sure Ive could pull off speaking that line and have it sound believable.

ARL (Moderator) – April 08, 2015 07:53PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!

John Willoughby – April 09, 2015 06:34AM Reply Quote

Cloudscout – April 09, 2015 03:01PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
Love it.

John Willoughby – April 09, 2015 10:10PM Reply Quote
Ordered a Sport Apple Watch. No store pickup. No fast shipping. Delivery mid-to-late May. Fuck you, Apple. April 24th, indeed...

Cloudscout – April 10, 2015 04:43AM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
It was April the 41st... being a quadruple leap year.

John Willoughby – April 10, 2015 04:49AM Reply Quote
Kip Addotta, you bass hole...

Dr Phred (Moderator) – April 10, 2015 09:09AM Reply Quote
owned by the mothership.
Ha, I work for them and mine won't ship til June.

Roger – April 10, 2015 09:20AM Reply Quote
It looks like the black models are pushed back furthest, but all the Sports are showing "June" for me too now.

I managed to get in a couple preorders for the 4/24 batch last night. But as the finances of unemployment dictate, I'm hustling to resell them on eBay immediately. I was thinking it'd be fun to be an early adopter this time around, but a couple-few hundred bucks easily changes my mind about that.

(If there are any Sporkers out there who actually want to go $150 or more over retail for a preordered 38mm or 42mm white Sport, or a 38mm w/Milanese Loop, feel free to get in touch.)

ddt – April 16, 2015 10:02AM Reply Quote
Hey, so anyone read anything good about possible upgrade paths, at least for the Edition edition?

Or know anything about Apple presences in high-end retail stores such as Selfridges? Are they run and staffed by Apple or the store's employees?

El Jeffe – April 17, 2015 02:53AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
would think Burberry would be a likely high end store.

John Willoughby – May 07, 2015 03:17PM Reply Quote
Apple Watch has arrived. I am being good and not opening until after quitting time which, by an odd coincidence suddenly will be hour and a half early today.

John Willoughby – May 08, 2015 09:03PM Reply Quote
Apple Watch finished a fairly long day (6:30am - 11:00pm) with 63% battery left. Much better than I had expected.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login