Spork Boards

Wouldn't You Like to be a Cylon Too?

ddt – March 03, 2008 06:47AM Reply Quote
BSG BSG BSG

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2008 06:48AM by ddt.

Madaracs – April 29, 2008 04:11AM Reply Quote
Ooh! Scary! Scary! Don't we look mean? You can't see me! But I can see you!
The writing staff is either brilliant or blatantly obvious about their inability to drive the story forward in a constructive and creative way. It's like some days they're saying, "We've got an amazing idea..." and on the off days they're thinking, "I have no clue where I'm going but... who gives a frack--they'll watch it anyway."

Mokers (Moderator) – April 29, 2008 07:12AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Madaracs
I'm not drawing any similarities to last year's Galactica weather patterns until I see at least two more episodes.

I'm not that worried yet about it, because it seems to be a blip so far. It does sort of self-confirm my hypothesis that the best episodes are light on Balthar. No update on the Cylons and no update on Kara's mission took away a TON of great momentum they had from the previous episodes. Just kill him already!

ddt – April 29, 2008 01:40PM Reply Quote
it's interesting to listen to the podcasts, especially the writers' meetings. they do give a ton of thought to each thing and have overarching plans. but it seems many things have to get elided or shoehorned or even dropped to make each episode fit into 44 minutes.

ddt

Madaracs – April 29, 2008 06:12PM Reply Quote
And sometimes they openly admit they've got nothing up their sleeve.

El Jeffe – April 30, 2008 12:20AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
well, when it's all over and done, someone should edit together all the pertinent videos/storylines together and ditch the tangents. It should take about 3 hours perhaps. Just the 'critical path' of storylines.

Madaracs – April 30, 2008 03:26AM Reply Quote
I'm sure they'll only add an additional 2.5 minutes to the 8 minute synopsis. ;-)

Madaracs – May 07, 2008 09:02AM Reply Quote
Weighing in again. On episode for 5/2/08.

Kill Baltar now. What in the hell was with the whole, "I wanted to know your wife better, Chief... Take my hand. Take it for Cally." (sorry about the misquote)

Take this steaming pile of dung and throw it out the airlock!

Ok, that's a little harsh. There were elements I liked. The Chief's new hairdo wasn't one of them.

Mokers (Moderator) – May 07, 2008 09:29AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Yeah, this last episode sucked. What was the random workout scenes with the Chief, and wasn't it a little too obvious when the baby started crying when he turned off Baltar on the radio. Finally, Kara is a nut. I would have been down for a mutiny as well. Taking on Leoben and losing a crew member was the last straw.

BTW, this is one of those times where the writers should show some restraint. Yes, it will be interesting to see what comes of the mutiny when they get back to the fleet but, we've already dealt with mutiny several times over the series. Much better to wrap it up with crew member dies, Kara sends Leoben out of the airlock, and they all come home dejected. Unfortunately, wrapping it up in a nice little bow like that would be too straightforward for the writers, who must prove that they are smart. Now we'll have to deal with the mutiny for another couple of weeks at least, taking time away from more important questions like that Cylon massacre.

Madaracs – May 07, 2008 09:39AM Reply Quote
Mutiny on that tiny fleet is sort of ridiculous in the first place too.

Ooo. Court Martial me, baby! You and what army?! The fleet is so small now it's a veritable joke that a "mutiny" (as it were) could even take place.

I really don't like Leobin as a character. I agree Kara shoulda punched his time card and been done with that hot mess. The baiting with the "I know where Earth is and you don't" is lame too. I also grow weary of not knowing what is going on with the Cylon civil war. With Cylons can it even be civil?

I am, however, very interested to see what happens to Anders when Kara finds out he's a Cylon.

When they do episode arcs like this it really makes me long for Lorne Greene and Dirk Benedict in a good ol' fashioned 70s disc-o-rama gambling space adventure.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2008 09:44AM by Madaracs.

Madaracs – May 07, 2008 09:56AM Reply Quote

John Willoughby – May 08, 2008 07:50AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
How hard can things be if Lee can just opt out of the military? He was considered one of the better officers, CO of the Pegasus and all, and yet now he can just toss his wings to his dad and say, "I wanna be a politician when I grow up!"

El Jeffe – May 10, 2008 05:02PM Reply Quote
What a journey.

Needs more Zarek!

Madaracs – May 12, 2008 07:17AM Reply Quote
For "Faith" the episode of 05/09/08:

Liked this one better than the last 2-3. They finally got back to Kara'sQuest(tm) and off of Baltar's bed. Interesting to see Nana Visitor as a guest star... Took me a minute to figure out who she was without the bumps on her nose.

Interesting how vivid the dream sequences are compared to the overall feel of the show. I miss that from first season. The Baltar and Six scenes at his home in Canada--I mean Caprica. It was a nice release to have those scenes.

I also like the Adama/Roslin exchange at the end.

Needs more Zarek.

Needs more Lucy Lawless! Unbox DeBiers! Wait a minute. Unbox the BEERS! Ah HA! I have it all figured out now. Except for the stuff the hybrid was spewing to Kara. Haven't figured that out yet. And how in the hell is she supposed to remember that? I am terrible at remembering even the first and last name of someone I've just met. She's suppose to remember shi& about "13 and 3 will bring you 5 in the mud?"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2008 07:19AM by Madaracs.

Mokers (Moderator) – May 12, 2008 08:31AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
I can only partially agree with you Madaracs. There was no Baltar fucking, but he was constantly on the radio. Perhaps the writers will show his mini recording studio in the next episode, but whenever I heard him, I thought "I know he is the messiah and everything, but how long are these sermons?" They already used the cancer thing once, and the President already had hallucinations. Think of something new! Oh, and the president's bald wig early in the episode was so preposterous I actually started to laugh. Thankfully somebody realized it and the threw a scarf on her in the infirmary.

The part with the Cylons was miles better than anything happening on Galactica, but once again, the writers find it necessary to introduce unnecessary drama. Kara takes a Raptor, but needs to get back in time. Is there anybody who really thought Helo was going to leave without them? Again, this must jump in time to rendezvous with the fleet has already been used as a plot device. Also, it was completely unnecessary to add the Gaeta might lose a leg thing to it as well. I understand that there is only one doctor for the whole fleet, but really, did everybody in the military forget how to tie a tourniquet? Gaeta is going to lose his leg or have to walk with a limp or something, which will force the writers to waste more time in upcoming episodes. Oh, and look. One person on the Raptor mission is not a full-time cast member. Killing her off was slightly cliche.

I did enjoy the time on the Cylon ship and Boomer telling her copies they can't just switch sides when it is easier. I think there is a lot more that they can explore there. Again, I don't listen to the podcasts, so I have to go on what I get from the DVR. Of all the problems I had with it, I kind of see where it is going and like the direction. The whole humans and Cylons working together has been hinted on for years, has worked in a limited sense, and I think that is where it ends up. I do wish the Hybrids didn't speak in tongues.

Madaracs – May 12, 2008 08:13PM Reply Quote
How are the episodes able to be posted on Hulu?

Isn't that illegal?

El Jeffe – May 13, 2008 12:23AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
no. NBC owns both.

Mokers (Moderator) – May 13, 2008 06:43AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Yeah, Hulu is sanctioned by the Networks. Mainy an NBCU venture, but has a lot of backing from Fox.

Dr Phred (Moderator) – May 13, 2008 02:55PM Reply Quote
owned by the mothership.
Madaracs
For "Faith" the episode of 05/09/08:
Interesting to see Nana Visitor as a guest star... Took me a minute to figure out who she was without the bumps on her nose.

Thank you! That was driving me nuts!

ddt – May 17, 2008 01:31PM Reply Quote
who designs a network with a single point of failure?

ddt

El Jeffe – May 17, 2008 07:48PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
best episode in like forever.
culminating in "JUMP!"
brilliant!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login