Spork Boards

Travel Channel: Where are you going today?

Robert Taylor – February 25, 2008 03:02PM Reply Quote
Thread for discussing travel...

John Willoughby – January 14, 2017 07:44AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
And you think you can take ddt?

ARL (Moderator) – January 14, 2017 02:40PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Jeffe,

It's the Emus that freak me out. They eyeball and stalk you...

(But yes, if a Kangaroo invites you to have a swim, politely decline)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2017 02:43PM by ARL.

ARL (Moderator) – January 16, 2017 11:38PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!

Mokers (Moderator) – January 17, 2017 06:44AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
I think my wife and I are going to bring our girls to Australia for our tenth anniversary. Only 8 more years!

ARL (Moderator) – January 17, 2017 06:42PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
I'll make sure my wheelchair is properly serviced this time...

Cloudscout – January 26, 2017 09:23AM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
Norway is amazing, even in the winter.

ARL (Moderator) – January 26, 2017 04:13PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
How was Kattegutt?

ARL (Moderator) – February 09, 2017 03:34AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
That's a pretty good deal...

El Jeffe – August 03, 2017 12:28AM Reply Quote
What a journey.

ddt – August 03, 2017 06:49AM Reply Quote
There have been some amazing prices from SFO and OAK. There was something like $199 to Reykjavik.

ddt

El Jeffe – August 03, 2017 04:16PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Yes, in Oct I almost took a $177 RT to KEF (Keflavik, Iceland) but instead drove through/around Canada with daughter.

So, tonight looking/thinking about flights to SFO for pebble beach. Aug 18-20 or thereabouts.
I have three events lined up for Saturday, but not sure I am pulling trigger. BMW (four days of hospitality invite-nice), Porsche and Alfa drives.
This weekend if I can get this local Lambo owner, that goes to Pebble, to hook me up with anything enticing with Lamborghini, I will likely pull the trigger. And/or if one or more of my car-friends are going to be there, I might do that too. Or... you guys???

Playing with various dates etc... I'm looking at $250 RT, but tack on lodging and auto rental... https://goo.gl/tYDU3e

El Jeffe – August 16, 2017 12:33PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
West Coast ALERT > The Jeffe will touch down Friday morning in SFO
Take the appropriate precautions.

El Jeffe
Yes, in Oct I almost took a $177 RT to KEF (Keflavik, Iceland) but instead drove through/around Canada with daughter.

So, tonight looking/thinking about flights to SFO for pebble beach. Aug 18-20 or thereabouts.
I have three events lined up for Saturday, but not sure I am pulling trigger. BMW (four days of hospitality invite-nice), Porsche and Alfa drives.
This weekend if I can get this local Lambo owner, that goes to Pebble, to hook me up with anything enticing with Lamborghini, I will likely pull the trigger. And/or if one or more of my car-friends are going to be there, I might do that too. Or... you guys???

Playing with various dates etc... I'm looking at $250 RT, but tack on lodging and auto rental... https://goo.gl/tYDU3e

John Willoughby – August 16, 2017 01:33PM Reply Quote
For some reason, I keep thinking of the first episode of The Strain. There's even an eclipse coming.

The-Strain-VFX-Aircraft.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

El Jeffe – August 17, 2017 02:42AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Invitation to a/one Sporker in Silicon Valley area to be my passenger in a Lamborghini Huracan, Sunday 8:45 am to 10:00 am or thereabouts.
Lamborghini confirmed my reservation, and surprisingly they do not plop a driver rep/aide in the seat next to me and they state that passengers (sic! only one can fit!) are allowed.

So, I see it's about 2 hour drive from Berkley, so anyone closer should be less. Lamborghini also has hospitality set up at the Quail Lodge. So, a little light mixing is available, too.
And I would think that PERHAPS the other car manufacturers of lesser status likely have free drives available, too, by queueing up (standing in line). Like Jaguar, Porsche, BMW, etc.
Sunday morning might likely be the best time to do this, but I'm just guessing here.

8205 Valley Greens Dr, Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA 93923
quaillodge.com

Mokers (Moderator) – August 18, 2017 03:43AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Jefe, I would meet up with you but my wife and I have a little getaway planned. Enjoy yourself and I will just hold out until the next time.

johnny k – August 18, 2017 04:07AM Reply Quote
He can babysit the twins!

John Willoughby – August 18, 2017 06:18AM Reply Quote
I'm sure that you can put car seats in a Lamborghini.

ddt – August 18, 2017 06:21AM Reply Quote
Mystery text and oh, it's Jefe!

Our weather is currently damp, foggy, and in general our usual summer. Hope it clears up for good vrooom experience in Monterey.

ddt

El Jeffe – August 22, 2017 03:35PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Had a blast in Monterey. That's a lot further (further as in time) than I thought it was. Ended up getting in to SFO early am. Texted and MIGHT HAVE woke up ddt. (forgot about being 3 hours behind).
Drove down to Monterey. Traffic once off of 101 was no fun.

Took a drive in Alfa Giulia on a canyon road at high speeds. What a blast. Saw some other familiar car guys there. Checked in at ocean side motel. Reminds me of what the 70's vacations were like. Basic.

Went to Cannery Row... man the traffic was unbelievable around the "Exotics on Cannery Row" event. I had to park over mile away. Had about 70 min to WALK DOWN to cannery row, see what was there, and then get back to car to ensure I could get OUT of Monterey... because.....

My wife changed plans and joined me! She's never been the general direction of WEST, let alone California so this was really unexpected. Only my second time; first being Oracle conference last fall.
So... Drive BACK TO SFO, pick her up and drive back to Monterey and get to hotel to sleep.

So for those keeping score: Indy direct/non-stop to SFO; SFO to Monterey; back to SFO; back to Monterey. all in one day. (actually booked Indy to Vancouver but just did NOT get on the Vancouver flight; exact same flight/plane but $300 cheaper than had I booked ONLY the IND-SFO leg. Thank you SKIPLAGGED)

Saturday and Sunday did the whole car scene. Including the most fun stuff of DRIVING cars. BMW i8 (very nice and impossible to get OUT OF), Porsche, another Alfa Romeo, Lexus LC500 (also super nice), and ultimately nice speed drive in canyon of Lamborghini Huracan Spyder. Scared the missus a bit when the tail would kick out. Crazy crazy stuff.

Grabbed a hotel room near wharf, saw some sites and back home.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2017 03:38PM by El Jeffe.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login