Spork Boards
Hot Spork Chat : Join us in an AIM chat room!

Travel Channel: Where are you going today?

Robert Taylor – February 25, 2008 03:02PM Reply Quote
Thread for discussing travel...

ARL (Moderator) – August 22, 2017 04:20PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
But ... how do they compare to the CHRYSLER? ;-)

El Jeffe – August 22, 2017 04:55PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Far less storage space. The Lambo is only car that has approached the line of scaring me. But, barely did not reach it.
The Lexus LC500 is fantastic. I would like the exact one I drove. Red exterior, saddle interior. Porsche disappointed the most with its ride comfort. Giulia surprised the most with it's MUCH better than price would reflect for amazing roadholding/performance. i8 is supercool, and seriously amazingly hard to get out of.

John Willoughby – August 23, 2017 06:36AM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!
El Jeffe, your vacations sound like more work than cruch time at my job. Glad that it works for you!

El Jeffe – August 23, 2017 03:39PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
One day I'll do a sit in one place vacation.

ddt – August 24, 2017 03:59AM Reply Quote
Jefe might be in one of these photos somewhere but that's not what I was looking at: https://arstechnica.com/cars/2017/08/monterey-car-week-is-like-comic-con-and-the-oscars-but-with-wheels/

ddt

El Jeffe – August 24, 2017 07:10AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I was wearing a dull, not bright/dayglo, orange Breitling baseball style cap.

ddt – August 24, 2017 11:25AM Reply Quote
And a blazer. And a very serious expression!

Good job staying out of the bike lane, Jefe. (I know, it'd have been different were I there.)

ddt

El Jeffe – August 24, 2017 02:57PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Man, I've come to learn that a blazer is such a staple. going thru airport/tsa, it's my extra bag, cargo-jacket. I put all my stuff in that, on the belt/xray and it's so easy. plus for anything I have to feign being an adult/responsible individual, the old $40 blazer is easy. I put it on and off like a sweater at work when I'm cold. For this day, I had just purchased that shirt, traveled with it still in bag, so the blazer was masking the fold/creases.

bahamut – September 01, 2017 05:50PM Reply Quote
I have to admit nothing scares me more than a man in a hat driving a car. I'm sure you are fine EJ, but most driving men with hats are terrors. Something a retired sheriff once told me. And he was right.

ARL (Moderator) – September 01, 2017 08:28PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
bahamut
I have to admit nothing scares me more than a man in a hat driving a car. I'm sure you are fine EJ, but most driving men with hats are terrors. Something a retired sheriff once told me. And he was right.

Doubly so when you realise it's a helmet...

El Jeffe – September 04, 2017 09:12AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I wore my CAP, because --> hair. Would not have changed anything about me nor my driving, mind you. I put it on part way through, too.
If you're scared of a guy that goes the speed limit, MOSTLY... , then yeah, be afraid.
But I do go crazy during these drives. Not around traffic, pedestrians, or wildlife.

El Jeffe – October 03, 2017 10:50AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Hey! Fer'ners! Watch this first, before uh-commin' here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w6ephOxnTY

The DON'TS OF VISITING THE USA!

bahamut – October 03, 2017 01:32PM Reply Quote
In Ireland again. Must be at least 50 times since we've known each other.

Fucking nightmare as usual. Tell me once more about how it's beautiful and green and I'll show you why: because apparently grass grows best at 50 degrees Fahrenheit (and while we're at it, fuck Celsius) and constant rain.

ARL (Moderator) – October 03, 2017 05:18PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
That's why the Irish drink, Baha. Could be worse, you could be in Belfast (you're not, are you?)

(and while we're at it, fuck Celsius)

Well no, actually. Remember that NASA Mars mission that crashed on on the surface because someone forgot to convert imperial to metric? Move with the times guys (even the UK has).

bahamut – October 04, 2017 10:32AM Reply Quote
God know, I'm not in Belfast. Most of my friends here say they've been once and never again or my god man, why would we go there?

Celsius is outdated. I don't like it. At least use Kelvin, but don't pretend it's ok.

bahamut – October 04, 2017 10:33AM Reply Quote
How about 0-100 based on the melting point of lead? I like that one better.

ARL (Moderator) – October 04, 2017 02:31PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Fair point about Kelvin, but saying "my God it's cold, it must be only 273 degrees K out there!" just doesn't have the same ring.

You doing any of the GOT tours? At least go to the Guinness brewery!

bahamut – October 16, 2017 03:00PM Reply Quote
I go to Ireland too often to do any tours. One day I guess I'll regret it. Usually I just try to get back home.

As for Celsius, Fahrenheit is based on the human experience. 0 is fucking cold, 100 is fucking hot. Easy enough.

El Jeffe – November 13, 2017 10:50AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Tampa bound week after Christmas. Is there an alter at the base of the Spork/ME server? :)

tomierna (Admin) – November 13, 2017 10:53AM Reply Quote
Hideously Unnatural
Technically, I think the Spork server is in a Linode datacenter in Atlanta.

Do you have plans?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login