Spork Boards
Hot Spork Chat : Join us in an AIM chat room!

Travel Channel: Where are you going today?

Robert Taylor – February 25, 2008 03:02PM Reply Quote
Thread for discussing travel...

ARL (Moderator) – August 22, 2017 04:20PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
But ... how do they compare to the CHRYSLER? ;-)

El Jeffe – August 22, 2017 04:55PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Far less storage space. The Lambo is only car that has approached the line of scaring me. But, barely did not reach it.
The Lexus LC500 is fantastic. I would like the exact one I drove. Red exterior, saddle interior. Porsche disappointed the most with its ride comfort. Giulia surprised the most with it's MUCH better than price would reflect for amazing roadholding/performance. i8 is supercool, and seriously amazingly hard to get out of.

John Willoughby – August 23, 2017 06:36AM Reply Quote
England expects that every man will do his duty. Ha-ha!
El Jeffe, your vacations sound like more work than cruch time at my job. Glad that it works for you!

El Jeffe – August 23, 2017 03:39PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
One day I'll do a sit in one place vacation.

ddt – August 24, 2017 03:59AM Reply Quote
Jefe might be in one of these photos somewhere but that's not what I was looking at: https://arstechnica.com/cars/2017/08/monterey-car-week-is-like-comic-con-and-the-oscars-but-with-wheels/

ddt

El Jeffe – August 24, 2017 07:10AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I was wearing a dull, not bright/dayglo, orange Breitling baseball style cap.

ddt – August 24, 2017 11:25AM Reply Quote
And a blazer. And a very serious expression!

Good job staying out of the bike lane, Jefe. (I know, it'd have been different were I there.)

ddt

El Jeffe – August 24, 2017 02:57PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Man, I've come to learn that a blazer is such a staple. going thru airport/tsa, it's my extra bag, cargo-jacket. I put all my stuff in that, on the belt/xray and it's so easy. plus for anything I have to feign being an adult/responsible individual, the old $40 blazer is easy. I put it on and off like a sweater at work when I'm cold. For this day, I had just purchased that shirt, traveled with it still in bag, so the blazer was masking the fold/creases.

bahamut – September 01, 2017 05:50PM Reply Quote
I have to admit nothing scares me more than a man in a hat driving a car. I'm sure you are fine EJ, but most driving men with hats are terrors. Something a retired sheriff once told me. And he was right.

ARL (Moderator) – September 01, 2017 08:28PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
bahamut
I have to admit nothing scares me more than a man in a hat driving a car. I'm sure you are fine EJ, but most driving men with hats are terrors. Something a retired sheriff once told me. And he was right.

Doubly so when you realise it's a helmet...

El Jeffe – September 04, 2017 09:12AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I wore my CAP, because --> hair. Would not have changed anything about me nor my driving, mind you. I put it on part way through, too.
If you're scared of a guy that goes the speed limit, MOSTLY... , then yeah, be afraid.
But I do go crazy during these drives. Not around traffic, pedestrians, or wildlife.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login