Spork Boards

King's Landing...

ARL (Moderator) – April 15, 2013 11:09PM Reply Quote
Winter is coming ... and probably so are spoilers (which is why we use the spoiler tags like this one):

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2013 11:10PM by Tony Leggett.

johnny k – April 30, 2014 09:10AM Reply Quote

El Jeffe – April 30, 2014 12:43PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
anyone really need spoiler tags? Come on!!!! :)

ARL (Moderator) – April 30, 2014 08:08PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
I heartily concur with Remy's and jk's spoiler tags...

I too couldn't watch that bit with Hodor...

Jeff Cooper – May 01, 2014 11:25AM Reply Quote
El Jeffe
anyone really need spoiler tags? Come on!!!! :)

Depends on how spoilery a comment is. If it refers to future events, then I don't want to see it. Personally, I'm grateful for the discretion folks are showing here. Without it, I'd simply have to not read the thread.

El Jeffe – May 01, 2014 01:30PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
how long does the average GOT fan wait from date of showing to VIEWING it?

johnny k – May 01, 2014 02:15PM Reply Quote
Some of us have read all the books, which are well ahead of the show, for now. There are layers of spoilers. Some people who don't have HBO may wait until the season is available on the various video services (Amazon Prime Video for us), though that's not until just before the next season airs, so I wonder who does that.

El Jeffe – May 01, 2014 03:16PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
there are BOOKS!!!???? And books about THIS TV SHOW? Coooooooooolllll. :)

I listened to emaccast on drive home and he mentioned he waits for GOTs to come out either on iTunes or something... so, I thought watchers of shows watched shows within 24 hours of them being aired.

ARL (Moderator) – May 01, 2014 03:59PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
El Jeffe
there are BOOKS!!!???? And books about THIS TV SHOW? Coooooooooolllll. :)

For a minute there I thought you were being serious and not sarcastic. The books, especially the first 3, are worth a read.

(Frankly if Book 1 was written as sloppily as 4 & 5, it would never have been published...)

bahamut – May 02, 2014 12:00PM Reply Quote
I can't see them Agreed, the books drag at this point, although there are also high points such as

ARL (Moderator) – May 02, 2014 04:36PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
I concur wholeheartedly, especially with your second spoiler baha!

El Jeffe – May 03, 2014 03:55AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
how is the second spoiler a spoiler? It's not even a complete sentence or phrase!
:)
EJASTC
El Jeffe's Anti-Spoiler-TAG Crusade

(Not an acronym; don't try to pronounce it!)

johnny k – May 03, 2014 05:54AM Reply Quote
Because if you're smart, you assume Martin's killed everyone, and confirmation that anyone's alive is a spoiler?

ARL (Moderator) – May 03, 2014 04:32PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
We've all been lying actually. By the end of the 5th book, the only person still alive is Hodor, which is why GRRM is struggling to make a compelling narrative for the last two books...

johnny k – May 03, 2014 04:50PM Reply Quote
Tyrion was the second-to-last person alive, but he threw himself off the Wall for lack of conversation. The last two books consist of Hodor's Travel Guides.

YDD – May 04, 2014 03:34PM Reply Quote
Back to the present, who's keeping book on which Lannister is going to ruin Oberyn's orgy this week?

ddt – May 04, 2014 09:05PM Reply Quote
Well, only if you take "a walk through the garden" as a metaphor.

Okay, I thought the Margery/Sersei dialog early on was good, and the acting was great. It'd be nice to think that the latter could actually want a good kingdom, and let someone help her.

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – May 04, 2014 10:55PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
I found the most recent episode, while disturbingly violent, also immensely satisfying on the "people-getting what's-coming-to-them" scale.

Mokers (Moderator) – May 05, 2014 02:06PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Tony Leggett
I found the most recent episode, while disturbingly violent, also immensely satisfying on the "people-getting what's-coming-to-them" scale.

Oh yes. So very yes.

ARL (Moderator) – May 05, 2014 03:01PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
A little belated but here's the recap for last week. This weeks recap isn't up yet:

http://happyplace.someecards.com/30945/game-of-thrones-facebook-recap-season-4-episode-4

(sorry for the spam but I find them hilarious...)

ARL (Moderator) – May 05, 2014 04:00PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Oh and I forgot to add

Oh and

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2014 04:18PM by Tony Leggett.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login