Spork Boards

King's Landing...

ARL (Moderator) – April 15, 2013 11:09PM Reply Quote
Winter is coming ... and probably so are spoilers (which is why we use the spoiler tags like this one):

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2013 11:10PM by Tony Leggett.

John Willoughby – February 02, 2014 08:03PM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!
Tony, Season 4 of Archer through iTunes had ads too... until a couple of weeks before Season 5 started. I mostly stream them through my Apple TV, and the ads on the Season 4 episodes are gone now. I imagine that, if I re-download the files that I keep on my iPhone and iPad, I'll lose the ads there, too.

I'm not promising that the ads on the Season 5 shows won't stay once Season 6 (if there is one) starts, but that was my experience transitioning from Season 4 to 5.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2014 08:04PM by John Willoughby.

ARL (Moderator) – February 03, 2014 12:14AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
until they say "ad free" not one red cent...

El Jeffe – February 10, 2014 04:13AM Reply Quote
What a journey.

ARL (Moderator) – March 18, 2014 02:20AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Some of them really are...

http://beautifuldeath.com/

ARL (Moderator) – March 19, 2014 04:41PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!

johnny k – April 04, 2014 03:10PM Reply Quote
BUMP

YDD – April 06, 2014 10:35AM Reply Quote
Spring TV is Coming?

ddt – April 06, 2014 10:37AM Reply Quote
Yeah, Silicon Valley debuts tonight!

And Veep also, right?

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – April 07, 2014 03:33AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Awww...

Pacing of the Episode was quite slow...

ddt – April 07, 2014 07:01AM Reply Quote
Slow, really? To me it felt like "we need an action item on this subplot, now switch to another, now another". I really couldn't be bothered to remember who was what and where, actually (but I've said before that I'm not really a fan or invested in the omg awesomeness, and am watching mainly for the actors and their fantastic moments: Diana Rigg, the heads nodding/shaking, whatisname who now has short blond hair so I didn't recognize him wave with his new hand in the background). There were moments where I can see people doing the hugging their pillow thing in shock to how the violence was staged, but I just looked away.

Think that's fairly spoiler-free,

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – April 07, 2014 04:52PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Actually, I worded that poorly. It seemed the hour finished quite quickly without a great deal happening (which, upon reflection, should mean it went fast).

Reflecting on it a bit more, a fair bit did happen.

I believe there was only one scene exactly identical to the books - the one with Dany and the dead slaves every mile on the road.

johnny k – April 07, 2014 06:15PM Reply Quote
I'd agree with your revised statement, Tony. Was expecting a setup for the season, which it was, but not boring at all. If a lot of plots were only set up, at least they were stocked with crowd-pleasing dialogues. Tyrion+Oberyn, Oleanna+anyone, Joffrey+mid-life crisis dad, and of course Arya+Hound. Maisie Willams acts so well with her eyes. I did like the old Daario better; he knew how to smirk. But the actor for Oberyn is excellent.

ddt – April 12, 2014 10:20AM Reply Quote
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and nobles will look up and shout “Save us!”

And I’ll look down, and whisper…

'Hodor.'"

-- from http://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/2014/04/comment-latest-av-club-post-makes-want-mash

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – April 12, 2014 04:25PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!

ARL (Moderator) – April 15, 2014 08:23PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
So, thoughts on the purple wedding?

My favourite quote (and I don't think this is giving much away) was Tyrion's toast (earlier in the episode) to "the dwarf, the cripple and the mother of madness".

Recap for anyone interested

http://happyplace.someecards.com/30620/game-of-thrones-facebook-recap-season-4-episode-2

johnny k – April 16, 2014 04:04AM Reply Quote
My favorite quote is anything the Queen of Thorns said. Stannis's joylessness at family dinner was also great.

ddt – April 16, 2014 05:18AM Reply Quote
I'd have to go with, "Oh look, pie!!!!"

Out of context, preferably. Such a goofy thing.

ddt

Mokers (Moderator) – April 16, 2014 07:45AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
I'm so happy I finally don't have to worry about not spoiling that twist.

ARL (Moderator) – April 16, 2014 04:33PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
It really was a great episode and not just the last 10 minutes.

So many pithy one-liners...

Jeff Cooper – April 17, 2014 04:46AM Reply Quote
So glad I managed to avoid spoilers. I could tell something awful was going to happen but had no idea what.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login