Spork Boards

King's Landing...

ARL (Moderator) – April 15, 2013 11:09PM Reply Quote
Winter is coming ... and probably so are spoilers (which is why we use the spoiler tags like this one):

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2013 11:10PM by Tony Leggett.

ARL (Moderator) – June 07, 2013 10:00PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
7245_373064469471871_959064361_n.jpg576625_373503479427970_823903602_n.jpg971621_373410896103895_1637771274_n.jpg

ddt – June 08, 2013 05:04AM Reply Quote
You can cry, but I probably won't hear you.

http://vimeo.com/17419652

ddt

johnny k – June 08, 2013 08:37AM Reply Quote
Wow, that's a really good video. I usually hate the typography exercises for being telepromters, but it had layers.

ddt – June 08, 2013 12:00PM Reply Quote
Right -- very clever use of branded typefaces. Did you read his "how I did it"?

Wish I could remember how I came upon this.

ddt

El Jeffe – June 08, 2013 12:53PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Been watching S2 of Downton Abbey. Sir Richard... interesting to see him in both shows (GoT).

johnny k – June 08, 2013 01:47PM Reply Quote
No, where is that? Didn't see any text on his process other than the tools listed and his comment. First thing he did in After Effects... impressive. Reinforces my theory that if you have taste, the only obstacle in your way is time.

I know AE is the standard, just because it's been around so long. I did one thing once in Motion over a weekend and was pleased at how easy it was, even tracking an object in my jittery video. Wonder if it has any traction, especially as it's now $50 from the App Store. Forgot about that... think I'll make an excuse to use it again.

Those British actors are a small pool. That dude's probably in Harry Potter, too. I'm going to look closer at all the Gringott's goblins next time.
Halfway through Book 5, and then no spoilers can harm me. Just impending dread in the meantime!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2013 01:50PM by johnny k.

El Jeffe – June 08, 2013 05:05PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I agree. Watching UK shows, it seems you see many familiar faces. Small pool, or people in the 'in crowd' getting the better jobs?

Jeff Cooper – June 08, 2013 06:12PM Reply Quote
I put the number of working television actors in the UK at somewhere between 30 and 50. Recent examples: the week after Edmure was introduced on Game of Thrones, he was on Doctor Who (as was Davos). Ygritte was on the first season of Downton Abbey. Hugh Bonneville (Lord Grantham) was the lead in a very funny series about the lead-up to the London Olympics called Twenty Twelve. The narrator of that series: David Tennant. And those are just examples that spring immediately to mind.

(Edited to add: Am I the only one here who, early in the new Star Trek movie during the scenes with the parents of the dying girl, had to restrain himself from shouting at the screen, "Hey, it's Mickey!"?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2013 06:14PM by Jeff Cooper.

porruka (Admin) – June 08, 2013 06:30PM Reply Quote
Failure is pre-greatness.
Part of it I think is an HBO thing, too. Edmure was in Rome (of course he was also in Spartacus for Starz), as was Mance Rayder (as Brutus and Ceasar, respectively).

Someone should do something akin to this for the premium shows... http://treasure.mods.jp/pdf/king_crimson_family.pdf

El Jeffe – June 08, 2013 09:22PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Brutus .. hehe... we have one lone duckling of the younger of the two duckling groups, that seems to be all on his own. He stays near our back patio at times, tiny little thing. I called him Brute/us. He picks on the full-grown drakes at times; and never listens to his mother's plaintiff quacks.

ARL (Moderator) – June 08, 2013 10:39PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
In that case he should be called Octavius...

El Jeffe – June 09, 2013 02:16AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I was not particularly looking for historic significance... just easy on the lips... and Brute has a nice ring to it... :)

Jeff Cooper – June 09, 2013 07:42AM Reply Quote
porruka
Part of it I think is an HBO thing, too. Edmure was in Rome (of course he was also in Spartacus for Starz), as was Mance Rayder (as Brutus and Ceasar, respectively).

Someone should do something akin to this for the premium shows... http://treasure.mods.jp/pdf/king_crimson_family.pdf

Yes, when Edmure first appeared, I said, "Salve, Brutus!" Less irritating in my living room than shouting, "Hey, it's Mickey!" In a crowded theater would have been.

Jeff Cooper – June 09, 2013 05:05PM Reply Quote
After last week, that was a fairly drab and anticlimactic finale.

And now our watch begins.

ARL (Moderator) – June 09, 2013 07:03PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Damn, I've got a 12 hr wait 'til the iTunes download.

Obviously some of the stuff I thought was going to happen has been pushed back 'til next season. Season 4 is going to rock.

(bit concerned how they're going to handle season 5 & 6 though...)

Then again, saying the finale episode is a bit anticlimactic to compared to episode nine is a bit like saying Mt Vesuvius is currently a bit drab and anticlimactic compared to how it was in 72 B.C.

ddt – June 10, 2013 05:58AM Reply Quote
I don't think this is at all a spoiler, but it reminded me of an old joke.

"Dear Mr. and Mrs. Greyjoy,

Theon had a small accident here at camp. He will be arriving home on the bus Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday."

ddt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2013 05:59AM by ddt.

ARL (Moderator) – June 10, 2013 04:45PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Hmmm...

That last episode was rather padded out. There were a heap of things I thought were going to happen that got delayed 'til next season. Disappointing episode.

Jeff Cooper – June 11, 2013 12:07AM Reply Quote
Tony Leggett
Hmmm...

That last episode was rather padded out. There were a heap of things I thought were going to happen that got delayed 'til next season. Disappointing episode.

That was pretty much my reaction as well, although as I haven't read the books I don't know what's coming. This largely felt like moving pieces into place, only to have us now have to wait ten months

Mokers (Moderator) – June 11, 2013 08:28AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
They have to set up a bunch of things because it gets a bit more complicated.

Are things that don't happen in the book still spoilers? I will treat them as such for now until we get an official ruling from the non-book readers.

ddt – June 11, 2013 08:55AM Reply Quote
Well, this is uniformed speculation, as I am uninformed (and don't find the actual plot beyond character interactions very compelling):

Isn't it conveeeeenient that the zombies the White Walker army is mostly made of are vulnerable to fire, and someone just happens to be marching towards Westeros with armored, aerial napalm distribution devices? (I'm assuming the zombies can't handle bows and arrows, let alone any other ranged weapons.)

ddt

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login