Spork Boards

King's Landing...

ARL (Moderator) – April 15, 2013 11:09PM Reply Quote
Winter is coming ... and probably so are spoilers (which is why we use the spoiler tags like this one):

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2013 11:10PM by Tony Leggett.

El Jeffe – May 11, 2013 12:10PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Don't worry about me. Except for perhaps sixth sense, knowing, moon (?), and a few others, I don't shy away from spoilers. I usually want to know them after going to the The Crying Game, hoping for something interesting.

ddt – May 11, 2013 12:20PM Reply Quote
I think it was just that some people were hoping the Littlest Tyrant would get, dunno, killed by shit crammed down his throat or something similarly unpleasant soon.

ddt

El Jeffe – May 11, 2013 12:25PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Speared by a narwhal/e. (Elf)

porruka (Admin) – May 11, 2013 01:00PM Reply Quote
Failure is pre-greatness.

Jeff Cooper – May 11, 2013 04:07PM Reply Quote
Tony Leggett

Are these not spoilers?

Sorry, I thought the comments were sufficiently vague that they give nothing away.

Kinda thought it was current knowledge that Joffrey's engaged to be married.

Sure, the engagement is current knowledge (and creepy as hell, if only because Joffrey's involved). When the marriage will take place in the series run, and the order in which the various weddings will take place (or indeed if they take place) is not.

John Willoughby – May 14, 2013 08:32AM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!
I want to start a reality show: "Dancing with the Starks." Obviously, it would be an elimination tournament...

johnny k – May 14, 2013 07:22PM Reply Quote
My reading has pulled ahead of the show. Got to the wedding. Now I understand some of the things you long-timers have muttered about the author.

ddt – May 14, 2013 08:07PM Reply Quote
Well, I don't know if this is props to the author, the screenwriters, or the actors (the actors definitely nailed it), but the "don't be greedy" line reading was genuinely fantastic. I don't know if actual parents feel that way at that moment, but I'd like to think so.

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – May 14, 2013 08:22PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!

I don't know if actual parents feel that way at that moment, but I'd like to think so.

My vague recollection when expressing similar sentiments was to be bopped on the head and asked "are you f*@#ing insane?"

Your mileage may vary...

I thought the dragons (and mother) were again awesome in the latest episode.

The Tywin/Jofferey scene where Tywin simply walks up the steps was exquisite as well...

It's funny how both the books and the show has you almost feeling sorry for (or indeed empathising with) certain characters you should be despising.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2013 08:24PM by Tony Leggett.

YDD – May 18, 2013 10:36AM Reply Quote
Something which has been bothering me a bit.... perhaps it's explained in the books: Is Daenerys really the only person in Astapor who was paying attention to the gun shop scene when the Terminator was playing the movie theatres?

ddt – May 18, 2013 11:44AM Reply Quote
OT: I love in the second listed scene how flustered John Connor gets when he says "... I don't know tech stuff". I feel that way a lot when dealing with app design.

ddt

ddt – May 20, 2013 05:28PM Reply Quote
DPBD: Was that Elvis officiating?

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – May 22, 2013 11:38PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
YDD
Something which has been bothering me a bit.... perhaps it's explained in the books: Is Daenerys really the only person in Astapor who was paying attention to the gun shop scene when the Terminator was playing the movie theatres?

But it's ok™ because the gun dealer wasn't saying insulting things about Arnie's arse before he blew him away...

The mean old slave dealer deserved it...

YDD – May 23, 2013 03:08AM Reply Quote
Well, how about Robocop and that secret fourth directive thing?

ARL (Moderator) – May 27, 2013 03:29PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Grrr!!!

Suffering severe Game of Thrones delay rage today!

WTF? Delayed for a memorial day holiday? Don't they realise this is letting the terrorists win???

/ragequit...

El Jeffe – May 27, 2013 04:03PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Watch a Duck Dynasty to fill the gap.

ARL (Moderator) – May 27, 2013 04:11PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
I haven't felt this empty and unfulfilled since BSG finished...

ddt – May 27, 2013 06:02PM Reply Quote
You could watch "Behind the Candelabra" as a temporary replacement.

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – May 27, 2013 10:23PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!

Jeff Cooper – May 28, 2013 05:47AM Reply Quote
Tony Leggett
I find this hard to believe but, if true, look forward to receiving all forthcoming election material in Dothraki:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/television/inventor-of-game-of-thrones-language-dothraki-8216impressed8217-by-julia-gillard8217s-mastery-of-fictional-tongue/story-e6frfmyi-1226652150066

Brilliant! Are there any Dothraki-Klingon translators out there to handle her meetings with Obama?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login