Spork Boards

King's Landing...

ARL (Moderator) – April 15, 2013 11:09PM Reply Quote
Winter is coming ... and probably so are spoilers (which is why we use the spoiler tags like this one):

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2013 11:10PM by Tony Leggett.

ARL (Moderator) – July 27, 2017 01:54AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
The best recapper/podcaster for me is "the mother of kittens" (I'm a paid subscriber)

https://cheeseburgergothic.com/category/23 (free recaps)

https://www.patreon.com/girlclumsy/posts

https://www.facebook.com/nataliesthrone/

ARL (Moderator) – August 07, 2017 09:29PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!

El Jeffe – August 08, 2017 12:59AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Have you seen the behind the scenes vid? A lot about pyro. Good vid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE2wcBeyNdk

ARL (Moderator) – August 09, 2017 09:22PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!

ARL (Moderator) – August 09, 2017 10:54PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
From late 2013:

ARL
porruka
So, those who have been following the books (physically, not the plot): wtf is the deal with over 2 years from hardback to trade paperback release of ADwD? Have the books been selling that well since the show premiere that the pubs haven't felt the need to go "downmarket"? Have the digital sales (at nearly the same price) been so high that they're just milking that? I don't get this one...

Short answer is yes, sales have been that good they can keep the price up. You can get ADWD in paperback if you buy the five (or 8 book set if book 3 and book 5 is split into two...) book set and now I think of it, they have been pimping book five split into two parts -- they're "cheap" but you do have to buy two of em. Book 6 is supposedly slated to come out in 2014 but I'll believe that when I see it...

(Emphasis added) Oh, ARL, you sweet summer child (who talks in 3rd person, precious...)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2017 10:55PM by ARL.

ddt – August 10, 2017 07:32AM Reply Quote
Once you start thinking about dragons as WMDs, the script kind of reads differently.

ddt

El Jeffe – August 10, 2017 11:53AM Reply Quote
What a journey.

ddt – August 18, 2017 01:42PM Reply Quote
Hey, Davos is a sweetie and a silver fox.

I'm only keeping up with the show a) I'm a completist b) I have too much free time c) the obvious enjoyment the performers are getting out of insulting each other -- but some fans coming up with "the Jon Squad" and "the usual snowspects" amused me greatly.

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – August 18, 2017 03:59PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
For certain episodes the recaps have been even more fun than the show itself.

I nearly did a noser when I read the phrase wight supremacists...

johnny k – August 18, 2017 07:43PM Reply Quote
Saw the leak of the next episode. Holy shit! And then, holy shit.

ddt – August 20, 2017 05:38PM Reply Quote
"The way she looks at me..."
"Like she wants to carve you up and eat your liver?"
"You DO know her!"

How many of these things were in the original novels? I can't imagine the man bun diss was.

ddt

johnny k – August 20, 2017 06:11PM Reply Quote
We're beyond the novels. Tormund and Brienne don't meet in them, so far.

ARL (Moderator) – August 21, 2017 04:27AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
I don't think this is a spoiler but I think Westeros has a warp in its time-space continuum. That or medieval tardises are being extensively used for sticky geographical plot points. It's really starting to bug me...

ddt – August 21, 2017 04:30AM Reply Quote
Someone said this last point update introduced Fast Travel. People and ravens are certainly making significant trips in well under an hour.

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – August 21, 2017 03:23PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!

El Jeffe – August 22, 2017 12:03PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
that last link indirectly maps to a "SPORCLE" site.
Just thought that funny.

https://www.sporcle.com/games/Michiel/asoiaf-characters-by-journey-slideshow

ARL (Moderator) – August 22, 2017 09:47PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!

johnny k – August 23, 2017 07:05AM Reply Quote
Raises several of the points that nagged me. With the stand up north, this could've been easily solved, and even heightened the desperation, by showing a few more days and nights passing and the men getting more ragged. (And they should've just taken some ravens.)

El Jeffe – August 28, 2017 01:37AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
7 years I've been waiting for an episode like this. I thought the whole show was going to be like THAT. :)

ARL (Moderator) – August 28, 2017 04:46PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
I'm glad there was less warping of the space-time continuum in that episode.

Speaking of episodes, apparently one of the reasons why we're getting less episodes but with longer run-times is because many of the lead actors are paid on a per episode basis.

This is one way to contain costs and leave enough dosh for the cgi budget. Sad really. For the first few seasons all the major actors agreed not to start a bidding war in the interests of sustainability.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login