Spork Boards

King's Landing...

ARL (Moderator) – April 15, 2013 11:09PM Reply Quote
Winter is coming ... and probably so are spoilers (which is why we use the spoiler tags like this one):

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2013 11:10PM by Tony Leggett.

ARL (Moderator) – April 12, 2015 05:20AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
I'm going to kill anyone who blurts spoilers because they downloaded the four leaked episodes...

(Not that I think sporkers would, more worried about the Facebook crowd)

ARL (Moderator) – April 12, 2015 11:44PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Well, big claps for HBO Now's streaming. Virtually perfect 1080p streaming the whole way through...

El Jeffe – April 14, 2015 06:17AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I must be the minority here. Four hours and I still can't "GET INTO" GoTs. Never read books. Not sure that matters. It's OK... just does not hold my attention.
Even after they send the terminator back in time to kill the alien terra-farmers and lizard overlords. ;)

ARL (Moderator) – April 14, 2015 04:45PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!

ddt – April 14, 2015 05:46PM Reply Quote
Okay, so it won't be a spoiler for me to ask why that one guy thinks that that one blonde would be a good, kind, and capable ruler? She's been swept up with a barbarian horde, led a bloody campaign, is facing civil unrest and possible revolution among the conquered and looted cities... ? And does he know any or all of that, given the communication technology of this world?

ddt

johnny k – April 14, 2015 06:32PM Reply Quote
At least she's training to be a ruler, unlike certain other blonds coddled by their mother. No better way to practice ruling than on ethnic people.

ddt – April 14, 2015 06:38PM Reply Quote
"Move fast [across occupied lands] and break things [like economies, infrastructures, and the not-so-occasional back] -- any problems or failures we'll fix with the next release."

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – April 14, 2015 11:30PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
johnny k
At least she's training to be a ruler, unlike certain other blonds coddled by their mother. No better way to practice ruling than on ethnic people.

Oof! Touché...

The Mysha theme is getting a bit tired.

El Jeffe – April 23, 2015 12:49AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
http://mashable.com/2015/04/23/australians-love-game-of-thrones/

Once again, Australians have proven beyond any doubt they are really, really into Game of Thrones.
Australia was responsible for 3.8% of illegal downloads during the season's first week.
This effectively eliminates one semi-legal way Aussies may have watched the show. Using a VPN and geo-dodging remains a legal grey area.

ARL (Moderator) – April 23, 2015 07:09PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
El Jeffe
Using a VPN and geo-dodging remains a legal grey area.

Au contraire, in Australia at least our Government is on record explicitly stating it is not illegal to use geo-blocking circumvention methods.

It may violate the T&C of the content provider, but that is not the same as breaking the law...

El Jeffe – April 24, 2015 01:56AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I merely quoted. I would agree with you.
Jury of our pears. ( I say PEARS because that's how I envision YOU pronouncing it! :) :) )

ARL (Moderator) – April 24, 2015 02:54PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Nope. That might be a British accent.

For me peer rhymes with queer, which rhymes with steer...

ARL (Moderator) – May 19, 2015 04:20PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
So, anyone want to comment on the end of that last episode?

Jeff Cooper – May 20, 2015 05:56AM Reply Quote
Made me really unhappy. Ramsey is a sick piece of work.

Over the four and a half seasons of Game of Thrones, there have been a few episodes so bleak and disgusting that they make me wonder why I subject myself to the show. This episode was one of those, and the ending was a big part of that.

ARL (Moderator) – May 20, 2015 03:21PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
I'd read all the online reaction so I was picturing something much worse...

On a tangent, the water gardens scene was silly and poorly choreographed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2015 03:23PM by ARL.

ddt – May 20, 2015 03:25PM Reply Quote
By "water gardens", you mean the two tour groups strolling through the garden and coming on the two kids macking?

ddt

johnny k – May 20, 2015 05:02PM Reply Quote
I agree with your take, ARL, but forget the historical accuracy. I don't get the complaint that

bahamut – May 23, 2015 02:12AM Reply Quote
That was shocking and disappointing for both me and my wife. I think that the feminist take that focussing on Theon was inappropriate was inappropriate. It was absolutely appropriate. But it's a radical departure from the books and complicates matters tremendously. Which is not to say that, all things considered, it makes more narrative sense than the Jayne Pool business.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login