Spork Boards

WAR!

Robert Taylor – December 12, 2007 10:15AM Reply Quote
Well, at least B?K! got a head start.

El Jeffe – April 15, 2009 06:41PM Reply Quote
What a journey.

tliet – May 23, 2009 08:23AM Reply Quote
Nice...

Building support under the Iraqi public and public workers, I can see it working very well.

tliet – May 23, 2009 12:32PM Reply Quote
And it's not only happening in Iraq....

Un-fucking-believable.

El Jeffe – May 23, 2009 12:57PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Stay in Canada, Tliet.
I hate liars. And punks, like those agents.
I would never advise people to stand up for their rights like that. I have gotten into some pretty good yelling matches with punk cops. Even had a cop with me once while I was telling one to fucking grow up and stop acting like a punk.
There is no pleasure in it.
They are watching this and laughing at him every day, I'm sure.
The militarization of America.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2009 01:04PM by El Jeffe.

tliet – May 23, 2009 04:14PM Reply Quote
I wish I could stay in Canada, but I flew back yesterday. :-(

El Jeffe – June 20, 2009 06:32PM Reply Quote
What a journey.

ARL (Moderator) – June 20, 2009 07:57PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
tliet
And it's not only happening in Iraq....

What those cops did to that guy is inexcusable. A blatant abuse of power and plain out & out police brutality. The multiple repeated tasering is downright dangerous - someone in Queensland died last week after being tasered (it later turned out he "may have been tasered up to 28 times).

BUT (and this is a big but) =it is a border patrol= (we drove past it on our way to San Diego). If they want to search your car =you let them do it=.

A border patrol is a pretty silly place to get pedantic about your constitutional rights and if the border patrol backed down every time someone tried this trick, there'd be an awful lot of drugs & people being smuggled through. If he was a dodgy looking hispanic fellow rather than a clean cut baptist boy we'd be laughing at his complaints.

So yes, the cops were pigs and way out of line - but really his own pig-headedness gave them open licence.

ARL (Moderator) – June 20, 2009 08:00PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
El Jeffe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkQ1iNHEGW8

Kissinger sounds terrible there...

tliet – August 09, 2009 08:30PM Reply Quote

Dr Phred (Moderator) – August 10, 2009 03:44PM Reply Quote
owned by the mothership.
So, basically the whole party are nut jobs. Bush, Palin, Bachmann, the whole lot of them.

ddt – August 10, 2009 04:52PM Reply Quote
hmm, single-sourced and too good not to recount -- red flags all over that one.

(just watched the last season of the wire...)

ddt

tliet – August 10, 2009 07:42PM Reply Quote
I agree with you Daniel, but this story bubbled up via a book that was published under the title Si Vous le Répétez, Je Démentirai (If You Repeat it, I Will Deny). It might be character assassination of Bush by Chirac, as the Bush administration wasn't really sympathetic towards France in those days, but on the other hand, don't forget Rummy may have played towards Bush' feelings: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8056207.stm making the claim somewhat more believable.

tliet – August 20, 2009 03:54AM Reply Quote
DPBD

Well, that's surprising. There's a pretty good chance that the security alerts during the 2004 elections were politically motivated.

Tom Ridge, the first head of the 9/11-inspired Department of Homeland Security, wasn't keen on writing a tell-all. But in The Test of Our Times: America Under Siege...and How We Can Be Safe Again, out September 1, Ridge says he wants to shake "public complacency" over security. And to do that, well, he needs to tell all. Especially about the infighting he saw that frustrated his attempts to build a smooth-running department. Among the headlines promoted by publisher Thomas Dunne Books: Ridge was never invited to sit in on National Security Council meetings; was "blindsided" by the FBI in morning Oval Office meetings because the agency withheld critical information from him; found his urgings to block Michael Brown from being named head of the emergency agency blamed for the Hurricane Katrina disaster ignored; and was pushed to raise the security alert on the eve of President Bush's re-election, something he saw as politically motivated and worth resigning over.

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/washington-whispers/2009/08/19/tom-ridge-on-national-security-after-911.html

tliet – January 12, 2010 12:59PM Reply Quote
DPBD

I doubt if it interests anyone (after all, the mission was accomplified at least 5 years ago), but apparently the backing of the Iraq war by the Dutch government missed any legal basis.

http://www.nrc.nl/international/article2456912.ece/Dutch_government_misrepresented_case_for_Iraq_war

tliet – April 05, 2010 08:21AM Reply Quote
TPBD

Just in case anybody forgot; Wikileaks has released the video the US military was apparently desperate to suppress. It's pretty damning and possibly a tip of the iceberg what's really been happening down there.

http://collateralmurder.com/

And to think that there's now kids in the US steering unmanned crafts loaded with guns...

tliet – April 05, 2010 12:54PM Reply Quote
QPBD

So, it wasn't Orwell, but Huxley who nailed it.

johnny k – April 05, 2010 04:53PM Reply Quote
tliet
And to think that there's now kids in the US steering unmanned crafts loaded with guns...

Sounds more like Orson Scott Card.

ARL (Moderator) – June 14, 2010 04:21PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Well, golly-gee, I wonder who will "help" them dig that stuff up?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login