Spork Boards
Hot Spork Chat : Join us in an AIM chat room!

WAR!

Robert Taylor – December 12, 2007 10:15AM Reply Quote
Well, at least B?K! got a head start.

John Willoughby – June 06, 2017 06:49AM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!
The latter, I'd guess.

John Willoughby – June 06, 2017 01:13PM Reply Quote

ddt – June 21, 2017 10:17AM Reply Quote
They hate us for our freedoms? Sure. And maybe because we have been monsters.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/06/20/us/cia-torture.html

TLDR: The US tortured people. And no, not people tried and convicted, NOT THAT THAT SHOULD MATTER. And this torture stopped any useful intel gathering that had been going on through non-torture methods.

ddt

John Willoughby – June 21, 2017 12:49PM Reply Quote
We are the United States of America, beacon of democracy, freedom, and truth to a suffering world. Any actions that we take to further our goals are therefore right and just, and those who take issue with them traitors, communists, or terrorists.

I know that the first sentence above was never wholly true, but we were so much close 100 years ago than we are now. It saddens me.

ddt – June 21, 2017 01:02PM Reply Quote
100 years ago? Not if you weren't white and Protestant (note I did not say Christian). But yes, are we great again yet?

ddt

John Willoughby – June 21, 2017 01:05PM Reply Quote
Or female. While the discrimination practiced then was horrible, I still find today's practice of torture; undeclared, indefinite war; massive domestic surveillance; and the establishment of the corporation as a kind of superior citizen to be worse. Of course, I am white and male and probably see things differently from the downtrodden of 1917.

James DeBenedetti – June 21, 2017 08:15PM Reply Quote
John Willoughby
We are the United States of America, beacon of democracy, freedom, and truth to a suffering world. Any actions that we take to further our goals are therefore right and just, and those who take issue with them traitors, communists, or terrorists.

I know that the first sentence above was never wholly true, but we were so much close 100 years ago than we are now. It saddens me.

Ahem.

John Willoughby – June 22, 2017 05:33AM Reply Quote
Yeah, that little attempt to jump-start an empire did not reflect well on us, but it was in keeping with what Europe (and Japan) were doing around the world. Now we're still doing things like that, and our only fellow-travellers are repressive dictatorships and theocracies.

El Jeffe – June 22, 2017 09:00AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I listened to a great excerpt from a book on drive back in to my 20+ hour day yesterday.
Not even sure what book... have to look it up..
But about Washington. The man. (not state et al)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNFNtBk7Cag

John Willoughby – July 21, 2017 07:54PM Reply Quote
Hey, North Korea is not getting the headlines any more. We need a new distraction to keep the president''s treason off the front page.

John Willoughby – September 04, 2017 08:11AM Reply Quote
I wonder if Kim Jong Il, knowing that North Korea is a failed country, is trying to incite a war with the RoK and the US in order to get China involved. If China intervenes (and they have good reasons to want to preserve the status quo), they'd almost have to take responsibility for resuscitating North Korea as a viable state. Of course, China might not want to see the current leadersip of NK remain in place.

ddt – September 04, 2017 08:41AM Reply Quote
From what I understood reading Suki Kim's great book on North Korea, China's got a lot of options, all bad. They don't want a war, for many obvious and non-obvious reasons. They don't want the continued pressure, economic and otherwise, of the current NK state. They don't want the refugees coming in (for different reasons than Trumpsters hate refugees).

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – September 24, 2017 11:45PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Forget North Korea, Morgan Freeman is pissed: https://investigaterussia.org/

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login