Spork Boards

Vaya con IOS

Madaracs's Avatar Picture Madaracs – January 05, 2012 09:33AM Reply Quote
It's not just for iPhone anymore. This time it's personal.

A new thread to discuss all things IOS.

iPhone, iPod and iPad...

ARL (Moderator) – January 15, 2014 03:31PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
My 16 GB iPhone 5S has been spectacularly non-eventful, non-crashy and anvil-tough stable.

iPad 3 has been the same since upgrading to iOS7.

I've been told iOS7 on the iPhone 4S is a bit dicey as the processor etc struggles with the richer graphics/animations.

porruka (Admin) – January 22, 2014 02:02PM Reply Quote
Failure is pre-greatness.

bahamut – January 23, 2014 02:58PM Reply Quote
My iPad Air crashes all the time. Never had that problem before. iPhone 5 is fine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2014 02:58PM by bahamut.

Dave Loudin – January 24, 2014 04:43AM Reply Quote
This iPod air has been one anvil-tough summbitch. The gen 1 it replaced was routinely brought to its knees by the feature creep of most apps.

Cloudscout – February 11, 2014 08:40AM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
To facilitate my new fitness routine, I picked up a used 32GB 5th Gen iPod Touch this weekend (so I can run the RideBuddy software).

The guy I got it from never updated it from iOS 6.x. Is there any reason I should update it to iOS 7 at this point?

El Jeffe – February 11, 2014 12:20PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
yes. many apps have (better) ios 7 versions. I would .

ARL (Moderator) – February 28, 2014 07:35PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Is that the most recent iPod touch? Older ARM processors can struggle with the extra graphics in iOS7

Cloudscout – February 28, 2014 08:20PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
Yes, it's the most recent... and I did go ahead and update it.

ARL (Moderator) – March 01, 2014 07:21AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
There was a "sale" on certain games -- I got epoch2 for 99 cents

porruka (Admin) – September 17, 2014 12:41PM Reply Quote
Failure is pre-greatness.
I haven't updated any iDevices but the Apple TV is now running the latest. I like it from a visual standpoint. It's been running all of about 5 minutes in "let me see what it looks like" mode, so I have no idea on anything besides the visuals yet.

El Jeffe – September 18, 2014 04:53PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I just upgraded iPad mini to 8.
It did not install my apps; said computer was not authorized; I auth'd it.
Now how do I "automatically" get my apps back? (I am dreading that I can't..)

Bruce Robertson – September 19, 2014 01:45AM Reply Quote
Nothing is uninstalled in the process.

El Jeffe – September 19, 2014 03:29AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
so, the lack of apps on the iPad (89 or so missing) … what's that called then?
Spent the last hour putting them all back, arranging them.
Now, I'll have to go authenticate, login, configure those that need such things.
No biggie. Took the day off from work. (6 am - midnight weeks kinda gets/got old)

John Willoughby – September 19, 2014 09:55AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
May iTunes Match be damned for eternity. It has always been very buggy for me, duplicating my playlists with each duplicate having a fraction of the files in the original with even the union of all the duplicates missing some music from the original. Updating to iOS 8 somehow "mistakenly" turned iTunes Match on for both my iPad and iPhone. I noticed and turned it off, and re-synched. Problem solved, right? Hell, no. I forgot that the only way to removed the taint of iTunes Match is to remove all music from my phone, sync, then put it all back again. A very lengthy process. I like Match for the ability to play my music from the Apple TV (where it has always worked; I think the problem is when one has both local files and iTunes Match), but no more. I will not resubscribe to be abused.

Now I am stuck at an 11 hour shift at work with nothing to fucking listen to. Damn you, iTunes Match, and damn Apple for violating my chosen settings to force it on me.

ddt – September 19, 2014 10:31AM Reply Quote
Do you have cel coverage? You could try Overcast or Downcast to d/l or stream podcasts.

I know, that's not the real problem.

John Willoughby – September 19, 2014 03:50PM Reply Quote
Yeah, I've got Downcast and I've listened to 4 hours of podcasts today but, man, I was/am furious with the morass that is iTunes Match. If it touches my phone or iPad, they're toast until I spend a few hours putting them back together. And no indication that Apple is even aware of issues.

It's like everything else Apple does in software. Big push for 1.0 and than a gradual reduction in attention until nobody uses it anymore and it gets phased out.

John Willoughby – September 19, 2014 07:57PM Reply Quote
So, getting my music back on my phone is harder than I anticipated. The iPhone kept telling me I needed 100 more gig of space free when I only had a 20 gig library. It's a mess I'm having to restore from a backup. It's going horribly locking up every few minutes. Still not done. Erased phone, restoring everything, locking up and restarting every five minutes. .If Tim Cook was in my living room I would beat him to death with my iPhone.

El Jeffe – September 20, 2014 03:54AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
My iPad Mini after upgrading to iOS 8 is now sucking battery faster. It's been plugged in all night to Mac Mini and did not reach 100% charge. Unless Apple changed the way it's reporting battery life/usage.

tomierna (Admin) – September 20, 2014 07:19AM Reply Quote
Hideously Unnatural
Battery use and heat after an upgrade or re-install is simply Spotlight indexing running for the first time.

JWill - you might want to go into DFU mode and do a complete restore - it sounds like there's corruption going on.

Bruce Robertson – September 20, 2014 08:12AM Reply Quote
Using Spotlight on IPad Air w iOS8: independent of screen orientation the keyboard ONLY pops up near home button. Therefore keyboard is sideways or even upside down.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login