Spork Boards

Vaya con IOS

Madaracs's Avatar Picture Madaracs – January 05, 2012 09:33AM Reply Quote
It's not just for iPhone anymore. This time it's personal.

A new thread to discuss all things IOS.

iPhone, iPod and iPad...

ddt – September 20, 2017 12:30PM Reply Quote
Sigh. Nnnnope.

ddt – September 21, 2017 04:51PM Reply Quote
Ah, figured it out! It wasn't the app. It was that the "lesson" that came with the app (Learning to Code) was Swift 3.something -- when I went to download Learning to Code again, I saw that the available version was Swift 4.0, and that ran fine. So I deleted the old lesson and the new version of the same one works. Wished they'd either automatically update the lesson or alert you that that's what's going on.

El Jeffe – September 23, 2017 07:38AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Control Panel
I like being able to add other apps to it. Customize it. Like VOICE MEMOS.
Wifi icon does NOT turn wifi OFF for me; or at least it does not STAY OFF.

Thought I'd FINALLY try continuity/Handoff. Cannot get it to work. You guys?

Played with IKEA's AR app to place 3D furniture models in 'real time' around my rooms. Kinda neat. Kinda half-baked. Overall COOL.
Family were meh with it, though.

John Willoughby – September 23, 2017 08:44AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Turning WiFi and Bluetooth off from the control panel no longer truly turns them off in iOS 11. It maintains current connections, but does not allow new ones. Airplane mode, or turning them off in Settings truly turns them off.

Not sure who asked for this, or what the point is. Maybe some reduction in battery usage because the phone's not constantly scanning for new devices.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2017 08:44AM by John Willoughby.

El Jeffe – September 23, 2017 03:54PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
i don't get that.

ddt – September 26, 2017 08:46AM Reply Quote
Ah, there's a Swift Playgrounds update for the issue I was posting about here. I do love the "Errors in your code are more clearly explained" promise -- we'll see how far that spreads!

John Willoughby – September 26, 2017 08:50AM Reply Quote
iOS 11.0.1 is allegedly out. Not showing up for me, yet.

El Jeffe – September 26, 2017 12:48PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
it is for me. hope it solves some of my problems. not happy.

John Willoughby – September 26, 2017 01:05PM Reply Quote
I've read a lot of people saying that some of iOS's performance issues and much of the battery draining issues are due to the phone performing one-time tasks, like scanning your photos for use with new features (Memories, etc.)

No idea if it's true. I doubt that 11.0.1 will have any major fixes; the only one that I know of is the issue with some kinds of Exchange servers.

El Jeffe – September 27, 2017 12:04AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
From what I read on the release notes, this was 'security' related. And that dovetails with my gut feeling that their two-factor authentication was failing.
Now, all the issues I was having seem resolved across Macs/ATVs and iOS.

John Willoughby – September 27, 2017 06:56AM Reply Quote
I STILL don't have iOS 11.0.1 available. Maybe not available for iPhone 8?

John Willoughby – September 27, 2017 01:36PM Reply Quote
Looks like a restart on both iPhone 8 and iPad Pro 10" (as well as deleting developer profile from the iPad) made the update show up. So far, no surprises.

El Jeffe – September 28, 2017 12:05AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
now all my photos are gone again in iCloud shared albums.

ddt – September 28, 2017 03:51AM Reply Quote
Geez, sounds like they should call it a Zen update -- teaching you how to let go.

Ron Burns – September 28, 2017 04:04AM Reply Quote
"We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation." Voltaire
I've still got access to your 2011 shared album Bill..

johnny k – September 28, 2017 09:45AM Reply Quote
My 6 Plus is still a little laggy, about 48 hours after the update. Under battery usage, I see that Photos and Mail are each using 7% for background activity, so hopefully once everything's indexed that'll clear up. It'd be a damn shame if this phone lost all the zip it's had.

John Willoughby – September 28, 2017 10:52AM Reply Quote

El Jeffe – September 28, 2017 12:59PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
yeah, odd, the web based links work. I once again lost all my devices (macs, AppleTVs, iPhone). Not worried, because they are all local. But waiting for the hiccup to end.
I really think DOT MAC, me, and iCloud with the iTunes account being split, peeled, family shared, never really stood a chance., frankly.

El Jeffe – September 29, 2017 04:29AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
this is getting tedious.... BUT today, my Mac/desktop Photos is slowly filling in the shared albums/images. iOS 11 new iPhone 6s Plus is still empty-ish.

ARL (Moderator) – September 30, 2017 05:23PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
I'm so glad I'm a very late adopter for most of these updates ...

I've had my iPhone 5S for four years now. I'm going to try and stretch it out to 5 .

( after all I had my Nokia 3310 for nearly 10 years !)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login