Spork Boards

Paying the Bills

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – February 03, 2008 09:46AM Reply Quote
I've just signed up MacEdition for a B&H Photo Video Affiliate program.

If you want to help support MacEdition and Spork, click on the B&H Ad in the header of any MacEdition or Spork page, and buy the toys you need from B&H!

I've bought north of $20k of camera and video equipment from B&H over the last two years, and I know everyone here knows how highly rated they are as a retailer.

They're also an authorized Mac dealer.

MacEdition gets 2% of every sale through that affiliate link, so don't be shy!

johnny k – December 09, 2011 05:01AM Reply Quote
How about an Amazon affiliate link? I'm sure we'd all use that for holiday shopping.

Jeff Cooper – December 13, 2011 10:08AM Reply Quote
Tom, just in case you're tracking this, something went wrong with my initial attempt to purchase last Friday, but I've completed it now.

psychprof – January 31, 2012 06:56PM Reply Quote
ok, i retired after 31 years of college teaching on dec 31... i should be ok, with 6140 bucks a month... but jeez, i worry... you know?

John Willoughby – January 31, 2012 07:57PM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!
Can't blame you for worrying, but congratulations anyway!

tliet – January 31, 2012 11:08PM Reply Quote
Congratulations!

What, you worry? What do you think about us? I cannot worry yet, as it's so far away for me, but sometimes I fear there'll nothing be left when I approach that age.

El Jeffe – February 01, 2012 12:23AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
congrats

James DeBenedetti – February 01, 2012 07:16AM Reply Quote
Congratulations!

Dave Loudin – February 01, 2012 07:52AM Reply Quote
Hear, Hear! Congratulations!

Cloudscout – February 01, 2012 09:47AM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
Congrats and good luck!

Do you have plans to keep yourself occupied now?

My dad got frustrated after he retired because he was bored so he found a new job and went back to work for a few years. He's going to be done with that at the end of this month. We'll see how he handles it after then.

Roger – February 01, 2012 09:49AM Reply Quote
Congrats. And as someone (perhaps permanently) looking at the academic career from the other end: please try to get your department to replace you with another t-t permanent faculty line. Every time a retiring professor's courses get replaced with adjuncts rather than a permanent hire, the academy gets one tiny step closer to destruction.

psychprof – February 01, 2012 03:56PM Reply Quote
thanks guys, the first month has been ummm, boring.... but sleeping late every day is great.... starting next fall, i will be teaching 1 class per semester, and i am going back to school to take a couple of classes a semester, just because i'm curious about some stuff.... and i'm leaving next week for a few weeks down at key west.... the $'s seem ok, so so far so good... but it is boring getting up in the morning (but the 11:00 am getting up rocks).... still a smidge scary though. roger, they are hiring a great former student of mine on a perminate track... so yay!!!

psychprof – February 01, 2012 04:02PM Reply Quote
and tilet, i will do all i can to get as much as i can before it's your turn... :))

James DeBenedetti – February 01, 2012 05:49PM Reply Quote
This reminds me - one of the guys I worked with went back to school after retiring... to get a graduate degree in psychology... and I think he wanted to be a psych professor.

psychprof – February 02, 2012 10:11AM Reply Quote
i loved my 44 years of teaching psych, especially the last 31 in the same place... teaching is just, well, fun... but my COPD just would not let me go on.... it was time.... if teaching is not fun for you though, you so should not do it... i came to think of it as edutainment.... 3/4 information, 1/4 entertainment... if they are not have fun at some times in class, they are not going to hear most of the information you give them.... i am working on a presentation about that in fact... hope it goes as well in real life as it seems to be going in my head...

Cloudscout – February 02, 2012 10:42AM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!

hope it goes as well in real life as it seems to be going in my head...

This is my personal motto.

otto hemi – February 18, 2012 01:50PM Reply Quote
Wait...you guys are still posting here in 20 fucking 12? Where you been?

To find out where I've been (and I hope you all do), contact:

ottohemi2@yahoo.com

Fucking nerds...

oH!

John Willoughby – February 18, 2012 02:44PM Reply Quote
He lives!

psychprof – February 20, 2012 03:38PM Reply Quote
maybe it's a fake otto, his identity was stolen, and the thief liked it and keptp it... stranger things have happened... maybe....

John Willoughby – February 20, 2012 05:24PM Reply Quote
Nothing stranger than Otto Hemi has EVER happened.

bahamut – February 22, 2012 06:43PM Reply Quote
WTF? So, who's contacted him?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login