Spork Boards
Hot Spork Chat : Join us in an AIM chat room!

That Darn Google...

ARL (Moderator) – May 12, 2011 08:15PM Reply Quote
With the release of Chrome OS (whatever the hell that is) I thought it might be time Google got it's own thread.

Don't be evil? < /Snark...>

John Willoughby – June 23, 2017 05:30PM Reply Quote
England expects that every man will do his duty. Ha-ha!

ARL (Moderator) – July 26, 2017 11:29PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Well, thanks to the ongoing decline of the AppleTV, I now have two chromecasts in the house.

At the end of the day, whether the shitty support is Apple's fault or 3rd party vendor's is irrelevant.

I just "want it to work, now."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2017 11:30PM by ARL.

El Jeffe – July 27, 2017 12:05AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
My ATV keeps crashing with apps, and my logins are having issues e.g. netflix. works about 20% of the time as of two weeks ago.

johnny k – July 27, 2017 03:30AM Reply Quote
I'm pretty happy with the Roku Premiere +. Lot less purple HDCP error screens. Fast. Though still not as fast as I'd like loading big video off Plex (I finally set up my Mac mini to be a dedicated server). Probably just the limitation of the WiFis.

ddt – July 27, 2017 04:06AM Reply Quote
I've been meaning to set up either the Roku (3, I think) or the PS3 as a way to stream from my Plex server to the TV. I just haven't turned on the TV in aaaaages (watch either at my desk or on my iPad). Is it easy to do?

ddt

johnny k – July 27, 2017 04:10AM Reply Quote
What, set up a Roku to run Plex? Yeah, it's just installing an app and logging in with your account. You've already done the harder part of setting up the server.

All these dark shows need HDR. Not sure which shows I watch on Amazon have it, and the rips I have are inadequate. So much banding.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login