Spork Boards

Milkshakes for...

rino's Avatar Picture rino – December 11, 2007 04:54AM Reply Quote
Generally miffed at something? Let the world know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2007 04:54AM by rino.

ARL (Moderator) – November 21, 2017 02:42PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
When this is over we'll have to go back to just reading books...

Cloudscout – November 21, 2017 04:16PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
I was just listening to the first thing I ever downloaded from Audible. It was Robin Williams interviewing John Lasseter.

johnny k – November 21, 2017 04:32PM Reply Quote
Are you kidding, ARL? Authors are nearly universally horrible people. I don't know exactly how to draw the line, but as a fan of music, basketball and Apple, I've had a lot of practice thinking about the assholes who make things I enjoy. I will enjoy their work while condemning their actions, learn about what makes them great and not put them on a pedestal, and be glad I'm not in a position to have to mete out justice.

ARL (Moderator) – November 21, 2017 05:55PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!

I don't know exactly how to draw the line

Me too. As a general rule I try to separate the "crazy in real life" from "compelling on screen" but there's grey area where I think no, I don't want to support this.

For eg Roman Polanski = no, Woody Allen = maybe?

Maybe there needs to be a new "creepy/rapey" rating system for actors/directors/producers involved in all content?

The golden age of TV/Film seems to be turning into a polished turd...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2017 05:56PM by ARL.

El Jeffe – November 22, 2017 01:40AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
johnny k
Are you kidding, ARL? Authors are nearly universally horrible people. I don't know exactly how to draw the line, but as a fan of music, basketball and Apple, I've had a lot of practice thinking about the assholes who make things I enjoy. I will enjoy their work while condemning their actions, learn about what makes them great and not put them on a pedestal, and be glad I'm not in a position to have to mete out justice.

aka HUMAN...

I agree somewhat. And it kind of plays to the saying "Don't meet your heroes" saying. But, ddt was not a bad guy in person AFTERALL! :) :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login