Spork Boards

How much does AT&T suck?

ARL (Moderator) – June 22, 2010 12:57AM Reply Quote
A sister/retarded-cousin thread to the iPhone thread.

As a visitor to the US a few years ago I learnt firsthand how fubar the "mobile communications" sector is in the US.

Australia (and overseas in general) is both better and worse than the US. The US has arguably better bandwidth deals than some countries (*-cough- Australia -cough-*) but this is traded off with the "walled garden" approach of some US telcos (*-cough- AT&T -cough-*). We (overseas) probably have shittier bandwidth options (on average) but at least most overseas countries have multiple options and aren't locked into one iPhone/iPad carrier.

Case in point, AT&T - US major telco/interweb "partner" with Apple for the iPhone/iPad and also the major obstacle to the iPhone/iPad's continued growth/ongoing success.

I'm waffling like a POCWACTSO after several drinks (well, three doubles in fact) - but my question is, can the consumer (US, Europe - anywhere) EVER WIN?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2010 12:58AM by Tony Leggett.

YDD – July 06, 2010 03:51AM Reply Quote
Going off on a slight tangent.... how come a toddler can start buying ringtones and the like with a few random button presses, yet finding the calculator on the phone required digging through several layers of menus?

This is probably Nokia as much as AT&T, and I doubt the other networks are any better. But still?

John Willoughby – July 06, 2010 08:03AM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!

bahamut – July 06, 2010 01:31PM Reply Quote
Went to see fireworks. First lost data. Then lost everything else. Crowds too big for AT&T.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login