Spork Boards

iBox (the hardware)

Cloudscout's Avatar Picture Cloudscout – January 14, 2008 10:08AM Reply Quote
iBox
Box mini
Box Pro
BoxBook
BoxBook Pro

The more the boxes change, the more they stay the same... or don't.

(talk about the hardware here)

Mokers (Moderator) – April 19, 2017 09:24AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
So my work laptop is out of warranty, meaning I get an upgrade. But since a co-worker just left, I don't get to order a new computer. Instead I get their MBP 2016. It is smaller, but whatever. The trackpad is huge but eh, I turn off most gestures so I don't notice. The touchbar is, eh, because I usually work with the lid closed. Good news is I only need the usb-c to thunderbolt adapter to work with my elgato dock, so not too much I have to change in order to get things working again.

Mokers (Moderator) – April 21, 2017 07:45AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Well, I knew I had to find something to complain about. Is there any good reason why Apple's USB-C to thunderbolt adapter doesn't work with displays? UGH.

dharlow – April 21, 2017 06:31PM Reply Quote
Because you are supposed to buy that new LG to go with your laptop, but make sure you use an ethernet dongle since the monitor won't work with Wifi near it. Apple's computer lines are such a mess now.

porruka (Admin) – April 21, 2017 07:09PM Reply Quote
Failure is pre-greatness.
dharlow
Because you are supposed to buy that new LG to go with your laptop, but make sure you use an ethernet dongle since the monitor won't work with Wifi near it. Apple's computer lines are such a mess now.

Supposedly, the monitor interference has been fixed.

dharlow – April 22, 2017 03:03PM Reply Quote
Yup, but it is an embarrassment for Apple nonetheless.

ddt – May 02, 2017 04:13PM Reply Quote
Got a deal on a new iPad -- anyone with kids who are getting to the point where they'd appreciate an iPad 3 (the first retina iPad)?

ddt

John Willoughby – May 16, 2017 04:59PM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!
Good news, but I don't think that this will satisfy anybody who wants a BBMBP.

ARL (Moderator) – May 16, 2017 05:04PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Let me guess, thinner & lighter?

porruka (Admin) – June 05, 2017 11:39AM Reply Quote
Full-sized wireless keyboard FTW!

Pie in the sky: I would have liked to see a TouchBar on that. Maybe that's for an iteration of the Magic Trackpad though, where the whole thing is a display...

johnny k – June 05, 2017 12:30PM Reply Quote
Or at least a TouchID sensor.

porruka (Admin) – June 05, 2017 07:05PM Reply Quote
One thing about the iMac Pro... remember, in the apology, a true Mac Pro isn't supposed to be available until 2018 sometime, so as a new low-end pro machine with the ability to throw an external cage on it, this is actually pretty nice (aside from what it bodes for the price of the coming tower+monitor).

And yes, this is a modification from my earlier-in-the-day interpretation that this _was_ the new Pro.

It's still possible that the "tower" is the external cage, available for those who need it, but I'm less convinced of that now.

ARL (Moderator) – June 05, 2017 07:37PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Holy shit-snacks! Pass me the Kool-Aid!

I'm as giddy as a fanboy who just creamed their pants!

No, wait. Maybe I just did.

Price tag is a bit of a cold spoon, but still. Wow. Even the standard iMac updates are decent.

And ABOUT BLOODY TIME with the extended wireless keyboard. That should have come out the minute Jobs was kicking up the daisies...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2017 07:40PM by ARL.

ARL (Moderator) – June 05, 2017 07:39PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Oh, and I love the space-grey as a "pro" differentiator.

How about space-grey BBMBP?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2017 07:50PM by ARL.

James DeBenedetti – June 05, 2017 09:45PM Reply Quote
porruka
Full-sized wireless keyboard FTW!

Pie in the sky: I would have liked to see a TouchBar on that. Maybe that's for an iteration of the Magic Trackpad though, where the whole thing is a display...

It's going to be very difficult for me to wait another six months for the space gray version of the new keyboard. I'm glad there's no touchbar though - it's a problem more often than not on my MBP.

ARL (Moderator) – June 06, 2017 12:18AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Hmmm...

MBP still limited to 16GB RAM?

bahamut – June 07, 2017 04:17PM Reply Quote
I ordered the silver MacBook Pro. Space Grey seems a little dated. Couldn't it be black?

John Willoughby – June 07, 2017 06:47PM Reply Quote
I ordered the 10.5" iPad Pro.

bahamut – June 08, 2017 09:48AM Reply Quote
Do any of you own space grey laptops? How do they hold up to scratches?

John Willoughby – June 08, 2017 09:58AM Reply Quote
My 12" MacBook is space grey; it's holding up fine, but as it is my travel laptop it doesn't get used much. Most of the time it resides in padded luxury in my travel bag.

James DeBenedetti – June 08, 2017 09:06PM Reply Quote
My space gray MBP has no more scratches than my silver ones.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login