Spork Boards

Granberry's Parlor

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 07, 2007 09:46PM Reply Quote
Politics. Don Granberry on the old Spork Boards was quite fond of talking about them, and here we continue on in that fine tradition.

John Willoughby – March 29, 2016 06:03PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
5. Have you seen my stapler?

johnny k – March 29, 2016 06:05PM Reply Quote
LOL, spot on, you two. The other great thing is that the government could've used Apple's enterprise management tools to retain full access to the phone, but didn't. Seems to me I'd do that for a large organization even if I didn't think they might use it to jihad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2016 06:07PM by johnny k.

Cloudscout – March 30, 2016 11:27AM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!

John Willoughby – March 30, 2016 01:03PM Reply Quote
Sadly, I'm not surprised by any of this. Hopefully, at least the individuals named on the documents will face some consequences.

ARL (Moderator) – March 30, 2016 04:48PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
No-one will do prison time.

John Willoughby – April 14, 2016 08:57AM Reply Quote
Looks like the whole FBI encryption struggle has motivated Apple to start getting more active in lobbying. Good.

El Jeffe – May 04, 2016 09:02AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Turner news....
White Man's plight. Not an uncommon stance. and not necessarily skin-color related, duh...

http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/04/news/economy/america-left-behind-white-men/index.html

El Jeffe – May 04, 2016 09:04AM Reply Quote
What a journey.

ddt – May 08, 2016 07:34PM Reply Quote
Okay, I love Sam and his wife, the old guy who was so excited to be taught to read by that doomed child. Not sure if it's the TV scripting, or that the actors have room to breathe. If there were a recut GoT of just the smaller characters, and the point of the show weren't Grand Epic Destinies but how small people get chewed up by cruelty that grinds down from the top and boils up from the bottom... .

ddt

John Willoughby – May 08, 2016 07:41PM Reply Quote
I'm guessing you meant this for the Game of Thrones thread?

ddt – May 08, 2016 07:47PM Reply Quote
Whoops, yes, yes I did.

Also this. Writing prompt: "I don't know how you stand it, in all that leather" as an opening line -- 2000 words of fanfic, go.

ddt

John Willoughby – May 09, 2016 07:44AM Reply Quote
The cow replied, "It beats the alternative."

Cloudscout – June 06, 2016 03:32PM Reply Quote
Condolences to ddt for having to share a name with the unapologetic father of a rapist. There are a lot of stupid people out there. I hope someone doesn't think you're this guy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/06/06/a-steep-price-to-pay-for-20-minutes-of-action-dad-defends-stanford-sex-offender/

ARL (Moderator) – June 06, 2016 03:46PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
douche-father of rapist
That is a steep price to pay for 20 minutes of action

OMG, I have no words.

ddt – June 06, 2016 03:54PM Reply Quote
Thanks for knowing I wasn't (I couldn't afford to send a kid to Stanford! Even for a week!).

Yes, I've gotten a few pieces of hate mail -- "How do you feel having a rapist son" from a bouncing Hotmail address -- and about a thousand people a day coming to my web site and many to my twitter account. I've had to change my bio on each to make it clear I am not that guy (and to their credit, someone on a Reddit thread made it clear I wasn't that guy... and linked to my site), including words hoping that people will take their anger and contribute to a local rape crisis clinic and/or Planned Parenthood.

And I let a friend at Jezebel know for sure I'm not even related. Seriously, I know every Turner I'm related to in the States; there are only seven of them, if you go back three or four generations.

As for that that douche DAT (at least he has lame initials) said, I know, right? How long would it have taken if someone had shot his son? A minute, tops? So, don't ruin a 20-year-old for one minute of action?

I can't even, as the kids say.

ddt

Cloudscout – June 09, 2016 01:51PM Reply Quote
In other news... the whole Brexit thing is interesting to say the least.

Is Ron Burns around here to provide some local insight?

ARL (Moderator) – June 09, 2016 03:08PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Most of my Northern Irish relatives and UK acquaintances want to leave.

If you're not based in London you're likely to favour brexit.

El Jeffe – June 10, 2016 01:19AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
You're Norn Iron heritage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJH3_mYFPYc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2016 01:20AM by El Jeffe.

ARL (Moderator) – June 10, 2016 04:41AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Away on wi you! Hae a titter o wit!

Cloudscout – June 10, 2016 07:25AM Reply Quote
How to Talk Minnesotan, Lesson 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm-MrkoJPC8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login