Spork Boards

Granberry's Parlor

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 07, 2007 09:46PM Reply Quote
Politics. Don Granberry on the old Spork Boards was quite fond of talking about them, and here we continue on in that fine tradition.

John Willoughby – October 23, 2017 12:57PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
John Willoughby
...defines is a defining characteristic...

And a lack of proof-reading is my defining characteristic.

John Willoughby – October 27, 2017 04:13PM Reply Quote
A no-bid $300 million contract that can't be audited. How do I get one of those? I'm only one person, so I'd only expect half of the money Whitefish's two permanent employees are pulling down.

ddt – October 27, 2017 04:46PM Reply Quote
Also nice? They don't do the work. They subcontract out the work -- and some journalists dug in and there is no lower limit to what they pay the people they're charging $300/hr for.

Charging whom, I hear you ask? Why, you the taxpayer.

Good thing we don't have wasteful Dems or the government trying to do this work.

ddt

John Willoughby – October 27, 2017 05:05PM Reply Quote
On an unrelated subject, Trump wants to pay subsidies to coal and nuclear powerplants that keep a 90-day supply of fuel on site for the "reliability" that they add to our energy grid. Sounds like a short-term boon for coal miners, a long-term cash fountain for non-renewable energy producers, and a good reaming for the taxpayers.

ddt – October 27, 2017 05:09PM Reply Quote
In the pesky fact department: how long do you think it takes for either type of plant to get up to speed so that it can put energy into the grid? Remember, this government has declined to invest in resources to update our grid and add load-balancing capacities.

Wait, did you hear the one about the industry lobbyists who moved their meetings to a Trump resort? Just by coincidence. Untold millions going into Trump's pockets. But that goes towards swamp draining, I'm sure. And her emails.

ddt

ddt – November 03, 2017 04:44PM Reply Quote
I'm sure if this mass murder had let out a "Thank Jesus" at the end of his actions, the president would call for the death penalty, people would be talking about profiling Christians: https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/man-who-killed-three-in-colorado-walmart-was-angry-loner-with-no-furniture-but-stacks-of-bibles/

ddt

El Jeffe – November 04, 2017 03:07AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Jobs had not furniture, I seem to recall. Furniture is heavy, and expensive to rent.

El Jeffe – November 04, 2017 03:11AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Noticed AirPods are in stock locally. Then I wondered how free California citizens are wrt to them and driving..

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2016/10/31/is-it-legal-to-wear-headphones-while-driving/

Are they Illegal, it appears?

I never DID receive any form of fine/ticket for my first red light camera multiple rapid flash when I was out there in August. I guess some are false alarms.

dharlow – November 04, 2017 06:04AM Reply Quote
It is one of those things that while a cop likely would never stop you for it, if you are in an accident and were wearing them then you might be considered partially at fault.

El Jeffe – November 05, 2017 02:00AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
ok, maybe a good design trait is if they get knocked out in a crash... no evidence of wearing them. :)

John Willoughby – November 05, 2017 03:12PM Reply Quote
From now on, I propose discussing climate change every time there's a mass shooting and gun violence every time there's a hurricane or tornado. That way the GOP can't chastise us for hurting peoples' feelings by speaking too soon after a tragedy.

ARL (Moderator) – November 05, 2017 03:19PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
There's that sense of anticipation each time while we wait to hear if the shooter's a terrorist (brown) or just mentally ill (white).

John Willoughby – November 15, 2017 05:26PM Reply Quote

ARL (Moderator) – January 30, 2018 06:19PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
What's the worst that could happen?

"Hmmm, Zoloft or glock 9mm this week?"

I bet if I google there's probably a combo boozestore/auto-dealer in the states too.

'Merica!

John Willoughby – January 31, 2018 06:03AM Reply Quote
Don't forget the drive-through liquor stores.

ARL (Moderator) – January 31, 2018 03:13PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Oh, we have those too.

In Nevada I loved how every business - be it laundromat, grocery store, pharmacy, whatever - seemed to be combined with half a dozen poker machines...

John Willoughby – January 31, 2018 04:02PM Reply Quote
And they're almost never in use. I don't understand how those can be cost effective.

johnny k – January 31, 2018 07:32PM Reply Quote
Yeah, it's what people used to do with idle time instead of pulling out their phones. My grandmother in Las Vegas used to drop a few coins in the ones by the grocery store every time she checked out. Did win $1000 doing it once.

ddt – February 01, 2018 05:08AM Reply Quote
Saw similar in supermarkets in Helsinki!

ddt

ddt – February 16, 2018 04:28PM Reply Quote
What is your experience of what the Second Amendment is? How do you know that? What do you think it meant when it was written?

Are you willing to think about what might disprove your assumptions? https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/05/nra-guns-second-amendment-106856?o=1

ddt

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login