Spork Boards

Presidential Politics

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 07, 2007 09:43PM Reply Quote
Every election is the most important one.

El Jeffe – June 08, 2017 11:50PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
ARL
So, nothing about #ComeyDay?

Too busy with life (slash work)

ddt – June 09, 2017 01:12PM Reply Quote
"We'll have the best, the most wonderful people in government."

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/337166-trump-treasury-nominee-misrepresented-dartmouth-degree

ddt

John Willoughby – June 09, 2017 01:38PM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!
Well, of course. An actual Dartmouth graduate's brain would have already used up most of the natural energy he/she was born with. By refraining from mental exercise, this valued candidate still has a large portion of the natural intellectual vigor that they were endowed with at birth.

ARL (Moderator) – June 09, 2017 03:28PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Well, like Donald, he's simply new to this whole Government thing, and is just learning on the job.

#ToddlerDefence

ddt – June 09, 2017 03:43PM Reply Quote
"Mr. President, we have a trolling gap."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYZKrn7Bbl8

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – June 09, 2017 04:18PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Saw that yesterday. Epic.

ARL (Moderator) – June 09, 2017 08:01PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
ARL

Comey didn't leak anything classified

Semantics. Joe SixPack doing what Comey did would likely find themselves at the business end of their NDA.

Not saying he shouldn't have done it, or that there are indeed times rules should be broken, but he is being hypocritical (assuming he hasn't changed his opinion on Snowden).

Comey likely thinks he was simply doing his duty as a patriot (and he likely did). So then did Snowden.

Just a followup on a previous post.

The reason why I think this is based on what Comey said about Snowden - which was:

“I have trouble applying the whistleblower label to someone who basically disagrees with the way our government is structured and operates”.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2017 08:02PM by ARL.

ddt – June 10, 2017 08:52AM Reply Quote
Interesting point, that the modern Republican party in America is waging a continuous war on The Past (think Memory Hole): http://driftglass.blogspot.com/2017/06/chewing-jimsonweed-with-david-brooks.html

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – June 11, 2017 04:38PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/11/donald-trump-state-visit-to-britain-put-on-hold

Donald Trump has told Theresa May in a phone call he does not want to go ahead with a state visit to Britain until the British public supports him coming.

The US president said he did not want to come if there were large-scale protests and his remarks in effect put the visit on hold for some time.

Note to self: Attend next noisy anti-Trump protest and remember to bring megaphone and epithet-riddled placards...

John Willoughby – June 11, 2017 06:21PM Reply Quote
Then why the hell does he want to stay here?

ARL (Moderator) – June 11, 2017 06:30PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
He's secretly building a moon base (which always ends well...)

John Willoughby – June 12, 2017 10:41AM Reply Quote
ARL
He's secretly building a moon base (which always ends well...)

Orange Sky...

John Willoughby – June 12, 2017 03:20PM Reply Quote

ARL (Moderator) – June 12, 2017 03:47PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
I think when Trump finally goes (whenever that is, likely years) he will not go quietly - he'll be just like this guy.

He will have barricaded himself inside the Oval Office & will need to be dragged out, kicking & screaming...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2017 03:48PM by ARL.

ddt – June 17, 2017 02:36PM Reply Quote

bahamut – June 20, 2017 05:59PM Reply Quote
Dems didn't win the most expensive Congressional race in history even though polls suggested they would.

It's bad now.

If the Republicans were to become more socially liberal, I don't see how the Dems would be able to recover for a long time. There's just so long that the pissed offenders can last.

John Willoughby – June 20, 2017 06:03PM Reply Quote
Dems haven't won any of the close "bellweather" elections. 2018 will not be what we hope, unless Trump can screw up more bigly. And I don't think that that's possible.

Last hope for 2020 is the Supreme Court overturning rampant GOP gerrymandering, but I don't think even a favorable ruling will change the situation on the ground in 2020.

ARL (Moderator) – June 20, 2017 08:26PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Was the candidate more of a "HRC Goldman Sachs" type candidate or more of a "Berniebro"?

I'm guessing the former based on it being the "most expensive race in history" and the fact they lost.

The era of neo-liberal candidates who say the right things about minorities and civil rights but say and do nothing about income inequality etc are over.

"Business as usual" is over and "sick/scared of Trump? well here's some more neo-liberalism" is not going to cut it for the foreseeable future.

That's why Trump won.
It's why Hillary lost (and Bernie probably would have won yuuugely).
It's why Corbyn nearly won in the UK even though the entire media establishment (left & right) was totally against him.

Neo-liberalism is dead.

It's now a battle between neo-fascism and neo-marxism.

dharlow – June 20, 2017 09:37PM Reply Quote
All I can say is O's and Clinton's folks are still in charge of the DNC. When that changes maybe they will start winning.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login