Spork Boards

Presidential Politics

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 07, 2007 09:43PM Reply Quote
Every election is the most important one.

El Jeffe – January 31, 2018 12:01AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Surprised that CBS poll 75% approval on POTUS SOTU
https://goo.gl/CzeD16

ARL (Moderator) – January 31, 2018 12:49AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
They're probably just relieved he didn't start flinging his own feaces at the audience onstage...

ddt – January 31, 2018 06:47AM Reply Quote
I guess Trump proved he could read from a teleprompter almost as well as Obama could -- remember, one of the conservative talking points was that Obama relied on teleprompters.

ddt

John Willoughby – January 31, 2018 07:10AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Trump may now be considering prosecuting Mueller and his team. Not just firing, prosecuting. Because daring to look into the actions of the president, his family, and his staff is lese majeste.

All glory to the god-king of America.

ddt – February 01, 2018 05:06AM Reply Quote
In smaller news, the Trump-appointed head of the CDC had to resign after the press revealed she'd invested heavily in industries the CDC regulates -- tobacco, etc. (BTW, this is the press doing its job, not being "biased against the president/government/country".)

Only the best people!

Seriously, this administration has unerringly zeroed in on the worst possible choices and gone for them.

ddt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2018 05:07AM by ddt.

John Willoughby – February 01, 2018 09:46AM Reply Quote
That methodology has been working for them; why change?

porruka (Admin) – February 01, 2018 09:53AM Reply Quote
Failure is pre-greatness.
ddt
Seriously, this administration has unerringly zeroed in on the worst possible choices and gone for them.

You say that as if it's unintentional. It's been clear (and in some cases, explicitly stated) that the heads of these departments are there to dismantle or otherwise neuter them.

ARL (Moderator) – February 01, 2018 02:53PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!

John Willoughby – February 05, 2018 10:09AM Reply Quote
Well, the up side of the plunging market is resuming conversations with pro-Trump acquaintances who have deflected all criticisms of treason and abominable behavior with the phrase, "How about that stock market?"

How about that, motherf***er?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2018 10:10AM by John Willoughby.

ARL (Moderator) – February 05, 2018 03:18PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
It's Obama's fault, or that nasty FBI investigation into dear leader, or fake news or whatever...

ddt – February 05, 2018 04:25PM Reply Quote
Tell them to invest in bitcoin instead. You know, to protect against the deep state.

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – February 05, 2018 06:32PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
ddt
Tell them to invest in bitcoin instead. You know, to protect against the deep state.

ddt

All the Pepe brigade already do.

The futures market forecasts another 500pt drop tomorrow.

#SoMuchWinning

ARL (Moderator) – February 05, 2018 06:37PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Dammit, so sad this is fake news

ARL (Moderator) – February 05, 2018 06:57PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!

ddt – February 06, 2018 07:39AM Reply Quote
I'd genuinely like to hear how Republican or Republican-adjacent people read this (putting aside comments like "I don't like the tone"/"this is shrill"/"obviously in the tank or biased") in terms of the facts and conclusions beneath the hyperbolic and metaphorical wording: http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a16636401/republican-party-gone-mad/

ddt

John Willoughby – February 06, 2018 07:57AM Reply Quote
The conservatives in my family would say it's all hot air, politicians always say outrageous things, and tax policy and appointing conservative Supreme Court judges are the only things that matter.

Haven't pinged them on the stock market, yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2018 07:57AM by John Willoughby.

ARL (Moderator) – February 06, 2018 04:57PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!

John Willoughby – February 07, 2018 10:00AM Reply Quote
Always looking out for the little guy...

"Democrats on Capitol Hill are urging the Labor Department to ditch a contentious proposal that would make it easier for restaurant owners to redistribute or keep their employees’ tips."

John Willoughby – February 18, 2018 02:30PM Reply Quote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login