Spork Boards

Presidential Politics

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 08, 2007 02:43AM Reply Quote
Every election is the most important one.

ARL (Moderator) – November 07, 2017 03:41AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
DPBD!

I feel bad for the cyclist who was just trying to give helpful hand signals!

ddt – November 07, 2017 12:20PM Reply Quote

John Willoughby – November 07, 2017 12:41PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
That's my wife's home state. I've asked her to call/text Dem-voting family members.

ARL (Moderator) – November 08, 2017 02:09AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
The Democratic governor got re-elected didn't they?

John Willoughby – November 08, 2017 11:47AM Reply Quote
Yes. Lots of Dem victories. A little step, feels good.

ARL (Moderator) – November 08, 2017 08:45PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!

John Willoughby – November 11, 2017 10:38PM Reply Quote
Apparently, we're offending Putin by claiming that the Russians interfered our elections. An our president believes the ruler of Russia over our own intelligence services.

ARL (Moderator) – November 13, 2017 01:16AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
So, who's this Roy Moore fella?

John Willoughby – November 13, 2017 01:39AM Reply Quote
Somebody who makes Trump look good by comparison. Running for a Senate seat in a special election, replacing Sessions who is now our Attorney-General. In his thirties, he allegedly had a physical relationship with a 14-year-old girl and a number of other teens.

On the separation of church and state: "The Church's role should be separated from the state's role. That is the definition of separation of church and state. But separation of church and state was never meant to separate God and government."

On homosexuality: "Homosexual conduct should be illegal, yes." Moore then compared homosexuality to bestiality — and, when asked if homosexuality was the same as bestiality, he responded, "It is a moral precept upon which this country was founded."

On the September 11 attacks: "You know, we've suffered a lot in this country. Maybe, just maybe, because we've distanced ourselves from the one that has it within his hands to heal this land."

On Islam: "False religions like Islam who teach that you must worship this way are completely opposite with what our First Amendment stands for."

On Islam, part 2: When Rep. Keith Ellison, a Muslim, used a Koran for his swearing-in ceremony, Moore wrote, "In 1943, we would never have allowed a member of Congress to take their oath on Mein Kampf, or someone in the 1950s to swear allegiance to the Communist Manifesto."

On evolution: "There's no such thing as evolution. That we came from a snake? No I don't believe that."

On Barack Obama's birthplace: In 2009, Moore said, "Now, I haven't seen one thing in the press about this, and yet the President of the United States will not produce his birth certificate. That's very strange indeed. Why we don't hear about it — because the press won't report it."

ARL (Moderator) – November 13, 2017 02:15AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Sounds a delightful fellow...

johnny k – November 13, 2017 08:18AM Reply Quote
Before now, most of us knew him as an Alabama Supreme Court chief judge who twice got removed, once for failing to removing the Ten Commandments monument in front of the courthouse, then for directing judges to enforce a same-sex marriage ban that had already been ruled unconstitutional. So, an activist judge.

John Willoughby – November 13, 2017 11:04AM Reply Quote
I guess that the GOP's hatred of activist judges is limited to those that disagree with them. What a surprise.

ARL (Moderator) – November 14, 2017 10:04AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
So, apparently Trump is pushing for an investigation into Hillary's emails.

I think they should do it . That way he's got no grounds to complain when they start looking into his business dealings .

John Willoughby – November 14, 2017 12:20PM Reply Quote
I keep picturing a man in a burning house, leaning out of his window and pointing to smoke coming from the cottage chimney down the road, and screaming "FIRE!"

johnny k – November 14, 2017 07:58PM Reply Quote

no grounds to complain
lol

John Willoughby – November 17, 2017 12:00PM Reply Quote
I think that Roy Moore is Trump's attempt to one-up Caligula. Caligula put his horse in the Imperial Senate, Trump's going for a bigger brute beast.

ARL (Moderator) – November 17, 2017 07:44PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
johnny k

no grounds to complain
lol

touché...

ARL (Moderator) – November 20, 2017 08:11PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Interesting that Trump picked out a woman to make fun of (not once, but twice). Great retort though.

ARL (Moderator) – November 27, 2017 06:33PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
So... Pocahontas? I guess it's just more "telling it like it is"...

http://www.thestranger.com/slog/2017/11/27/25589058/donald-trump-refers-to-elizabeth-warren-as-pocahontas-at-a-ceremony-honoring-navajo-tribe-members

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2017 06:52PM by ARL.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login