Spork Boards

Presidential Politics

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 07, 2007 09:43PM Reply Quote
Every election is the most important one.

ddt – August 01, 2017 01:15PM Reply Quote
jesus fucking christ. It does NOT get better when you read the entire context.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/01/trump-wall-street-journal-interview-full-transcript-241214

ddt

El Jeffe – August 01, 2017 02:15PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
so if I don't read it at all, I'm better off?

ddt – August 03, 2017 07:01AM Reply Quote
Depends if you want to support someone based on facts or assumptions.

In Oz news, thanks to their competent-to-some-degree leadership: https://twitter.com/abbydphillip/status/893118796105482241

ddt

John Willoughby – August 03, 2017 11:51AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support

ARL (Moderator) – August 03, 2017 03:58PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!

John Willoughby – August 04, 2017 06:41AM Reply Quote
Do you not understand that the wood from those irreplaceable trees can be sold for MONEY?

ARL (Moderator) – August 04, 2017 03:56PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Nothing should surprise me with this administration. I don't get too worked up about environment things until it becomes something iconic, like bleaching the entire barrier reef or you know, cutting down 300-feet-tall, 3000-year-old trees. But I guess that's not even as tall as Trump Tower so they're totally overrated. Maybe they'll grow back taller in 3000 years time when they stop being such losers. Sad.

I get the feeling that even if some breakthrough technology came though tomorrow for limitless cheap clean energy, Trump & GOP would keep mining and burning coal because they can.

ARL (Moderator) – August 04, 2017 03:58PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!

In Oz news, thanks to their competent-to-some-degree leadership: https://twitter.com/abbydphillip/status/893118796105482241

"You're worse than us," such a proud moment for downunder...

ARL (Moderator) – August 12, 2017 09:20PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
DPBD!

Sigh...

Where to even begin...

ddt – August 13, 2017 05:41AM Reply Quote
To its credit, RedState is trying to distance itself from, you know, outright Nazis, and some of the commenters are restraining themselves from victim-blaming outright. At Townhall? Not so much: https://twitter.com/ddt/status/896738352581312512

ddt

James DeBenedetti – August 13, 2017 11:22AM Reply Quote
ARL - that already happened last year in Sacramento. I find this aspect of yesterday's events more troubling.

ddt – August 13, 2017 12:36PM Reply Quote
The road that led to a single (so far, in this one incident) death has long been paved by the modern conservative movement: http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a56979/charlottesville-donald-trump-republican/

And in service to what? Democratic-ran governments did not see a land attack against the United States. Did not see a putsch. Did not see economic or civil collapse. This is a high price to pay for tax cuts for the wealthy.

ddt

John Willoughby – August 13, 2017 03:59PM Reply Quote
No price is too high for others to pay, in order to enrich the wealthy. You know that.

ddt – August 15, 2017 11:58AM Reply Quote
Anybody still feel that we're not giving Trump a fair chance?

ddt

John Willoughby – August 15, 2017 12:33PM Reply Quote

"I think there is blame on both sides," Trump said during a contentious back-and-forth with reporters in the lobby of his Midtown Manhattan building.

"What about the 'alt-left' that came charging at, as you say, the 'alt-right,' do they have any semblance of guilt?" Trump asked. "What about the fact they came charging with clubs in hands, swinging clubs, do they have any problem? I think they do."

He added: "You had a group on one side that was bad and you had a group on the other side that was also very violent. nobody wants to say it, but I will say it right now."

Nope, I think he's had his chance.

John Willoughby – August 15, 2017 12:47PM Reply Quote
Somebody made a great logo for those against the President:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2017 12:47PM by John Willoughby.

ddt – August 17, 2017 09:00AM Reply Quote

John Willoughby – August 18, 2017 08:31AM Reply Quote
Looks like former World of Warcraft gold farmer, Steve Bannon, is out. Trump's loss is the world's gain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2017 08:33AM by John Willoughby.

John Willoughby – August 18, 2017 08:41AM Reply Quote
Seen some tweets that Breitbart is going to "go to war" against Trump, saying he is a Democrat now. That should do interesting things to Trump's morale, and the political balance. President Pence by the end of the year?

ddt – August 18, 2017 02:03PM Reply Quote
The "Democrat White House" (note the intentional lack of use of correct grammar, to dogwhistle), not Trump is a Democrat. They're trying to build the narrative of Deep State, so that Trump cannot fail, only be betrayed.

And note that they also said they were going to war (using the term "WAR") against a cereal company, too. The cereal company remains unbloodied and unbowed.

ddt

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login