Spork Boards

Eat, Drink and Be Merry

Madaracs's Avatar Picture Madaracs – January 09, 2008 05:39AM Reply Quote
Great food, good food, sad food...

Soft Drinks, hard drinks or maybe beer or port...

Got Milk?

Cooking class, Cooking advice and what not to eat.

A place for discussing all food and drink... show your keen culinary prowess here, folks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2008 05:40AM by Madaracs.

Dave Loudin – September 19, 2012 06:02PM Reply Quote
I'm back to keeping a food diary with LoseIt. It's amazing how a few Triscuit wafers and some crunchy peanut butter can blow up a diet. :(
It's also amazing how a vegetarian chili (beans instead of meat) can fill you up without blowing a hole in a diet.

El Jeffe – October 24, 2012 11:07AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I will have to try that lasagna/sauce that mokers tweeted.

Dave Loudin – October 25, 2012 01:59AM Reply Quote
Down 11 pounds in a month, so I'm slightly less corpulent. Finally able to wear a few large shirts.

John Willoughby – October 25, 2012 07:15AM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!
Excellent, Dave!

ARL (Moderator) – October 25, 2012 06:37PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
I'm becoming more and more "froglike" - skinny arms, skinny legs, flabby belly.

Not very happy about it, I can tell you.

El Jeffe – March 16, 2013 01:51AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Would you consume nothing but 'Soylent'? Live in/near the San Francisco area?...
http://robrhinehart.com/?p=424

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2013 01:51AM by El Jeffe.

El Jeffe – April 25, 2013 10:11AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I have recently taken not only to trying, not only to tolerating, but actually LIKING BROCCOLI! No, I didn't hit my head, either.

Jeff Cooper – April 27, 2013 06:11AM Reply Quote
El Jeffe
I have recently taken not only to trying, not only to tolerating, but actually LIKING BROCCOLI! No, I didn't hit my head, either.

Today you are a man. 8^)

El Jeffe – May 11, 2013 06:28PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Had my first Scotch Eggs this evening at http://redliongroghouse.com
Tasty. Wife had fish and loved it. Just happened to decide to go down and the area was having some festival. Just missed it, while we were eating. That's okay. Lovely night.

tomierna (Admin) – May 12, 2013 05:37AM Reply Quote
Hideously Unnatural
We ate there several times when the Super Bowl was in Indy. Loved their scotch eggs!

El Jeffe – May 12, 2013 02:56PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Ok, so they 'messed up' my order last night and gave me the crab scotch eggs to go.
Just ate a portion of them; shared with family/kids.
Darn those things are good.
The actual EGG is fairly small. Almost makes me wonder if it's a CHICKEN egg or not.

Jeff Cooper – May 13, 2013 08:45AM Reply Quote
I'll have to try that place. Draft beer menu looks disappointing, though, at least for someone looking for English beer/ale.

El Jeffe – July 11, 2013 12:03PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
eating some of the best grapes I've had in years. hate to say, but chewing with my mouth open (smacking) makes them taste even better. I know, I have no taste.... but I watch Downton Abbey to balance me out. I wear a tuxedo bib to bed. :)

Cloudscout – July 14, 2013 04:18PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
I've decided to try my luck with sous vide cooking and I'm going the DIY route.

I picked up a PID controller, a thermocouple and an SSR. I've mounted them in an old Commodore Amiga power supply and will hook it all up to an old NESCO 12 quart "Roast-Air Oven".

I'm still figuring out how I'm going to circulate the water. The roaster has a special fan device that is designed to circulate the air inside the roaster and I think I can extend the shaft a bit to make it circulate the water bath instead. I hope to do my first test run tomorrow.

El Jeffe – July 17, 2013 02:45PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
can you implement one of those bottom of the beaker/ehrlmyer flask magnetic spinning pill-looking things? http://bit.ly/13xK1qN

El Jeffe – August 03, 2014 12:37AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
This morning's breakfast is hitting the spot just right.
steel cut oats, fresh strawberries (sliced like the pros with my fingers tucked in, meticulously), a bit of left-over granola toppings from yesterday's Starbucks oatmeal (my first time trying;so-so), dash of syrup/sugar; and toast with Trader Joe's cookie butter lightly coating.
The flavor of these strawberries is PERFECT. Man they are good.

Mokers (Moderator) – August 03, 2014 09:52AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Making chocolate chip waffles for my fiancee.

johnny k – August 03, 2014 06:16PM Reply Quote
Had some excellent chicken+waffles at a new place, Little Barrel + Brown, for my wife's birthday. Tomorrow, she's making my usual birthday oven-baked french toast, which is more like a bread pudding with a peach compote. This time with duck eggs.

Cookie butter?? What's that? Looks good.

El Jeffe – August 04, 2014 12:29AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I've never been lured by chicken and waffles. Not sure WHY… sounds good enough. We have a popular one here.

COOKIE BUTTER http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article.asp?article_id=1647

Tastes like those biscoff cookies (airlines serve). kinda sort. For me, a little goes a long way. But I can certainly see people pigging out on it.

Jeff Cooper – August 04, 2014 09:11AM Reply Quote
El Jeffe
This morning's breakfast is hitting the spot just right.
steel cut oats, fresh strawberries (sliced like the pros with my fingers tucked in, meticulously), a bit of left-over granola toppings from yesterday's Starbucks oatmeal (my first time trying;so-so), dash of syrup/sugar; and toast with Trader Joe's cookie butter lightly coating.
The flavor of these strawberries is PERFECT. Man they are good.

Looks great!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login