Spork Boards

Multi Media Discussion

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 07, 2007 09:41PM Reply Quote
Film, TV, video DVD, DV, Flash. Put the Multi to use here, folks.

ddt – May 02, 2017 04:36PM Reply Quote
OF COURSE

Ha, I don't know. I just got the first two episodes but have ongoing things to watch; I do mean to get to it. I hear the series is better than the film.

ddt

John Willoughby – May 03, 2017 05:25PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Well, in a move that I thought would be impossible, the new Hulu app for tvOS has a worse interface than iTunes.

Somebody at Hulu really decided to push the envelope... into a pile of dung.

ARL (Moderator) – May 04, 2017 09:39PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Anyone watched the first ep of American Gods ?

Two words: Ian McShane

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2017 09:39PM by ARL.

John Willoughby – May 05, 2017 07:24AM Reply Quote
This would be nice.

Still not over my rage at Hulu for the INCREDIBLY horrible new interface they've created. Is it an upselling technique? Do I have to pay more money to get a decent UI?

ddt – May 05, 2017 01:12PM Reply Quote
Get Out. Dayumn.

ddt

johnny k – May 05, 2017 02:08PM Reply Quote
My Roku Premiere is junk. The one reason I got it is to watch NBA League Pass, and it throws up a purple screen with some BS HDCP error while intermittently working. no, it's not the cable, and apparently this is a common problem but not common enough to be a shitstorm. They promise software updates, but nothing so far. How can this have gone on so long?

4K Apple TV with Prime, take me away, plz!

johnny k – May 05, 2017 02:14PM Reply Quote
So much TV on the backlog. Still haven't caught up with Westworld, Expanse, Silicon Valley, or Better Call Saul. Now American Gods and Handmaid's Tale. These days too tired for the quality heavy stuff, so it's often the light stuff for us. Trial and Error is a pleasant, wholly non-nutritional addition to that. Pretty good for network TV.

ddt – May 05, 2017 04:55PM Reply Quote
Okay, I appreciated the meta of the opening narration of the first episode of "Dear White People" and the line and the delivery of "Dick-related plans?" got me to laugh out loud. It is certainly conscious about packing a much higher "teens speak like this" vocabulary per minute than I think reality can approach by at least an order of magnitude, but perhaps that's part of the consciously artificial TV-ness of the show.

ddt

ddt – May 05, 2017 05:25PM Reply Quote
...and I kind of loved how totally crazy that Defamation show-within-a-show was. That should be webisodes.

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – May 05, 2017 05:39PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
ddt
Okay, I appreciated the meta of the opening narration of the first episode of "Dear White People" and the line and the delivery of "Dick-related plans?" got me to laugh out loud. It is certainly conscious about packing a much higher "teens speak like this" vocabulary per minute than I think reality can approach by at least an order of magnitude, but perhaps that's part of the consciously artificial TV-ness of the show.

ddt

Atta-boy, ddt. Knew you wouldn't let me down... ;-)

(Watch a few more episodes. It will grow on you.)

ddt – May 05, 2017 05:56PM Reply Quote
I'm not totally sold. It's very self-consciously woke, to the point of being somewhat precious or Afterschool Special. But we'll see.

ddt

ddt – May 05, 2017 06:29PM Reply Quote
But I do hope the every episode features a hack of the Dean's office.

ddt

El Jeffe – May 09, 2017 12:29AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Movie Lion was good.

John Willoughby – May 09, 2017 07:29AM Reply Quote
Taking the intellectual tone of this thread down a few notches, I enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2.

johnny k – May 09, 2017 09:42AM Reply Quote
That's usually the only kind of movie I can bear any more (which is probably why Colossal and Get Out slip their pill into a big slice of cheese).
Counting down the days to Pacific Rim 2 (290).

ddt – May 09, 2017 10:54AM Reply Quote
Listening to the Debating Doctor Who podcast, realizing how much I've forgotten, going back to watch old episodes. Also the Thor: Ragnarok (and Roll) trailer on repeat BECAUSE.

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – May 09, 2017 12:05PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
John Willoughby
Taking the intellectual tone of this thread down a few notches, I enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2.

Ditto.

Can't wait for Deadpool 2

El Jeffe – May 09, 2017 12:10PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
we've had hard time getting into DW this season.

ddt – May 09, 2017 12:20PM Reply Quote
If you can make it past The Pilot, Smile is okay, Thin Ice is _really_ good, and Bill is rocketing up the charts for me in terms of companions. They have to lay off the "geddit? GEDDIT?" music cues.

ddt

El Jeffe – May 09, 2017 01:26PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Thin Ice is best so far, for me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login