Spork Boards

Multi Media Discussion

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 07, 2007 09:41PM Reply Quote
Film, TV, video DVD, DV, Flash. Put the Multi to use here, folks.

johnny k – April 16, 2017 11:14AM Reply Quote
Now you have.

Just finished Long Journey to a Small Angry Planet. The flip side to all the space epics, it's just a bunch of interesting characters being put together in a spaceship and then in a series of vignettes to watch how their various alien cultures interact. Very good read.

John Willoughby – April 16, 2017 05:23PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
I really liked that one, Johnny. There's a sequel. I didn't like it as much, but it wasn't bad.

ddt – April 23, 2017 08:48PM Reply Quote
Veep and Silicon Valley tonight. Don't cross me; I have fresh insults at the ready.

ddt

El Jeffe – April 24, 2017 02:07AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I lament that there has to be something known as "seasons" Or across the pond "Series"... can't these people work all year for my entertainment!!!!!!!!

John Willoughby – April 24, 2017 08:42AM Reply Quote
It's all I ask, as well.

ddt – April 24, 2017 09:09AM Reply Quote
Gives you a chance to poke around out of "wait, do I have to face my own life now" desperation. How I discovered Nichijou, which is delightful.

ddt

El Jeffe – April 24, 2017 09:43AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
fill it with car stuff... I'm good. No self reflection needed.

John Willoughby – April 24, 2017 10:22AM Reply Quote
El Jeffe has no reflection. Vampire.

John Willoughby – April 25, 2017 07:50AM Reply Quote
This won't end well.

It ain't begun until the fat lady sings.

porruka (Admin) – April 25, 2017 07:55AM Reply Quote
Failure is pre-greatness.
John Willoughby
This won't end well.

I have zero interest in this as a show, but if delays are a primary component for scrapping ambitions, I give you Star Trek: Discovery

John Willoughby – April 25, 2017 08:15AM Reply Quote
porruka
John Willoughby
This won't end well.

I have zero interest in this as a show, but if delays are a primary component for scrapping ambitions, I give you Star Trek: Discovery

I've always felt that this show was an ill-starred venture so far out of Apple's core competency that its doom was all but preordained. The delays (to me) are just a sign that somebody with access to the show thinks so, too. At least in the form they've been pursuing.

El Jeffe – April 25, 2017 01:34PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
personally I hope it does not START... at all, let alone end well.

ddt – April 25, 2017 02:07PM Reply Quote

El Jeffe – April 25, 2017 03:37PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
or, exactly the opposite of Marvel.

ARL (Moderator) – April 26, 2017 03:42PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Apple should do some deal with Netflix and never, ever try to do "original programming" again.

El Jeffe – April 27, 2017 12:16AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I agree. Apple could buy up all of these original content creators.

ddt – April 27, 2017 06:15AM Reply Quote
Headline on MacRumors: "Apple Music's Original TV Plans Now Include Potential Shows and Videos From J.J. Abrams and R. Kelly"

WELL, that makes sure I have no use for Apple's original TV stuff, and would actually actively go out of my way to avoid it.

ddt

John Willoughby – April 27, 2017 06:54AM Reply Quote
As soon as Apple is producing serious content, they become competitors to Netflix, Hulu, all the movie and TV studios. Remember why Amazon Prime is not on the Apple TV. How would it do if Hulu and Netflix left, and new movies and TV shows stopped being available in iTunes?

Just because Eddy Cue wants to be a Hollywood mogul, doesn't mean that he should be.

ARL (Moderator) – May 02, 2017 04:25PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
So far I've quite enjoyed Dear White People.

(Interesting thought experiment: will my positive review elicit a negative one from ddt?)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login