Spork Boards

Multi Media Discussion

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 07, 2007 09:41PM Reply Quote
Film, TV, video DVD, DV, Flash. Put the Multi to use here, folks.

ddt – February 18, 2018 10:09AM Reply Quote
Wait, where do you get new copies of Myth?

John Willoughby – February 18, 2018 03:34PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
You install the old copy, and then run the updaters from Project Magma. They didn't do the original Myth, but they made a plugin for Myth II that recreates the original game.

John Willoughby – February 18, 2018 04:10PM Reply Quote
This should work for Windows Myth2 (trying now), and maybe Mac. The old Mac installer was classic-only.

John Willoughby – February 20, 2018 09:41AM Reply Quote
Enjoyed Black Panther.

I think Wakanda and Asgard in Marvel's universe are interesting parallels.

Magical technology vs. Technological magic.

Of course, Asgard blew itself up, but every town has its own problems.

ddt – February 20, 2018 06:26PM Reply Quote
Definitely enjoyed Black Panther. Knew that seeing it opening weekend in Oakland would be special, but I hadn't realized how special. Theater was full of people who cared about Oakland and you wouldn't believe their reaction seeing the city's name and local landmarks on screen, at street level. That was part of how powerful the representation was (and the audience was incredibly diverse in skin tone, age, economic class). They cheered every name in the credits. People were so happy.

Sure, it's "let's find power because we're giving money to Disney" on one level, but it's hard to understate what this movie means to many, many people.

ARL (Moderator) – March 09, 2018 11:19PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Really enjoyed Black Panther.

I did feel a bit sorry for Michonne from TWD having a shaved head (like, did she piss off a producer?)

I'm trying to imagine how that casting/costume discussion went down:

"OK, were going to have an all-female, elite palace guard type thingy"
"Cool, kinda like African Valkyries?"
"Yeah, that's it. Let's go with that. They've gotta look fearsome and bad-ass..."
"So, helmets with horns?"
"No, it's been done. Also, too Nordic."
"Let's just shave their heads."
"Dude, that'll be epic! You going to finish that 8-ball?"

bahamut – March 16, 2018 02:41PM Reply Quote
Did I say I liked the Black Panther? I did. Same experiences.

I had consigned Homeland to be like the Walking Dead… shows I used to watch. And then this season started. Holy shit its good. Best season ever, I'd say. Sorry Quinn, but you were a drag dude. Very, very frightening and good.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login