Spork Boards

Multi Media Discussion

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 07, 2007 09:41PM Reply Quote
Film, TV, video DVD, DV, Flash. Put the Multi to use here, folks.

John Willoughby – November 15, 2017 03:50PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
YDD, I would actually pay money to watch those.

John Willoughby – December 06, 2017 08:44AM Reply Quote
Amazon Prime Video finally makes it to Apple TV. I'm sure that there's a better thread for this, but this is the one that I found.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2017 08:45AM by John Willoughby.

El Jeffe – December 06, 2017 11:10AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
good. not a prime member. can one get Amazon video streaming and NOT all the other fluff? ( I can google that )

John Willoughby – December 06, 2017 11:47AM Reply Quote
Maybe? I saw a content that seemed to indicate that it was possible. But you won't get the rapid package delivery part of Prime. I don't know if music streaming is bundled with Prime Video.

johnny k – December 06, 2017 12:07PM Reply Quote
You can at $9/mo. Hard to see that as compelling when it's included in Prime at $99/yr.

Mokers (Moderator) – December 06, 2017 01:15PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Yeah, you just buy Prime and Bezos gives you everything.

ARL (Moderator) – December 06, 2017 03:05PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
On 3rd gen ATVs too. Yay.

Mind you, Amazon Australia sucks arse.

johnny k – December 06, 2017 04:34PM Reply Quote
Probably due to Amazon not wanting to give Apple a cut, rentals and bought movies won't play. Since we buy our movies on Amazon Video, pbttth. Still happy with the Roku at half the cost.

ddt – December 07, 2017 06:31AM Reply Quote
Gruber is... not happy about Amazon's app for Apple TV, and is not shy about sharing why.

ddt

John Willoughby – December 07, 2017 02:24PM Reply Quote
I spent about 60 seconds in the app, seemed better than Hulu.

ARL (Moderator) – December 08, 2017 12:50AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
John Willoughby
I spent about 60 seconds in the app, seemed better than Hulu.

Did it have ... Gone in 60 seconds?

John Willoughby – December 08, 2017 06:02AM Reply Quote
No time to check. Made sure that it would play the Man in the High Castle, and the Tick, and left.

ARL (Moderator) – December 11, 2017 02:20PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
I'm hearing very good things about The Last Jedi - fingers crossed it lives up to the Hype...

ARL (Moderator) – December 14, 2017 03:38AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
It did not disappoint...

John Willoughby – December 14, 2017 01:33PM Reply Quote
Seeing it Sunday evening. My office is seeing it Friday, but I wanted to see it with my kids.

bahamut – December 14, 2017 05:36PM Reply Quote
Dancing with the Stars: Tom Bombadil

John Willoughby – December 14, 2017 07:10PM Reply Quote
Saw a comment that now that Disney has bought the Fox media assets, Lana Kane, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and the alien queen from Aliens are all Disney Princesses. Long may they reign.

John Willoughby – December 15, 2017 11:48AM Reply Quote

ARL (Moderator) – December 15, 2017 07:25PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
In an attempt to expand my horizons beyond my own echo chamber, I follow a FB page called Star Wars Sithposting.

I mostly ignore a lot of the alt-right nonsense because there are the odd memes that are genuinely funny.

But oh man, the butthurt they're expressing over The Last Jedi, where to begin. I'd hate to peek into the darker corners of reddit, 4chan, townhall, and all the MRA sites.

Basically, unless Luke Skywalker donned an SS uniform and force-choked every non-caucasian in the movie, they're not happy.

ddt – December 16, 2017 04:41AM Reply Quote
ARL, you can always go back through the (sadly not updated lately) pages at http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/ to get out of your echo chamber. There's even neo-Nazi and MRA reactions to new Star Wars in there.

Just to add to the "not ARL's reaction": I tried watching Rogue One (didn't pay for it) and had to start doing other things because I just didn't care. I was more engaged by the "what, a Star Destroyer can fucking hover in an atmosphere now" than any of the characters or the plot. I really don't care about the Abrams movies. I'd be fine just liking the actors as themselves and looking at production design drawings.

ddt

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login