Spork Boards

Multi Media Discussion

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 07, 2007 09:41PM Reply Quote
Film, TV, video DVD, DV, Flash. Put the Multi to use here, folks.

ARL (Moderator) – September 17, 2017 11:26PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Will look up The Churn, JK.

On a tangent, pleased to see The Handmaid's Tale and Veep get some recognition at the Emmys

ddt – September 18, 2017 05:10PM Reply Quote
How long will it take for The Orville to reveal there's a sister/brother ship, The Wilbur?

ddt

John Willoughby – September 18, 2017 07:09PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
I think that that happens after they meet the Redenbacher.

John Willoughby – September 21, 2017 10:18AM Reply Quote
I can't imagine why this wasn't published. I guess that Truth is bad for business.

ddt – September 21, 2017 12:34PM Reply Quote
We could also go into politics and ask that about how the Trump administration squashed a study that showed immigrants are a net financial gain to the U.S., to the tune of billlllions and billllions of dollars:http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/white-house-rejected-report-showing. That's yuge. (I mean, not as much as the extra $700B to the Pentagon the Republican congress just threw in, but remember: we can't afford health care!).

ddt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2017 12:34PM by ddt.

johnny k – September 21, 2017 07:26PM Reply Quote
Finished season 1 of The Good Place on Netforx. Very good, and not just for network TV. Denser with jokes than any previous Michael Schur show, and great actors/characters, only starting with Ted Danson. Really hits its stride in the second half of the season. Bonus for all the Arizona references.

El Jeffe – September 22, 2017 12:04AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
we are almost done. I'd like not having boner, orgy, sex jokes. It's a good show with surprisingly bad/amateurish camera work.

John Willoughby – September 24, 2017 05:30PM Reply Quote
I realize that the first Kingsman movie required a rather specific mindset and set of expectations, but I quite liked it. I did not like the sequel. Too much wackiness, not enough plot, too much of a particular cameo for me. Some nice callbacks, though, and I always like Mark Strong.

ddt – October 01, 2017 04:54PM Reply Quote
Watching the third episode of the new Star Trek series and instead of shortening it to ST:D, I'm going to call it Star Trek: Dicks, because of how every single character on it acts to everyone else.

ddt

El Jeffe – October 02, 2017 03:34AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
sign-o-the-times

ddt – October 02, 2017 04:33AM Reply Quote
I don't know -- there are so many other movies/TV/etc that are going straight away from the grimdark that so many producers thought was so acclaimed. Look at the response of the Wonder Woman movie relative to Batman v Superman v The Audience.

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – October 02, 2017 06:06AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
I've been stuck in bed the last few days so I picked a Netflix movie based on its recommendation without looking up imdb

It was Bad Batch.

It was bad.

John Willoughby – October 02, 2017 07:05AM Reply Quote
I was suckered into watching MacGruber over the weekend. Who'd have thought that a mediocre SNL sketch stretched to movie length and given a movie budget would be as much fun as a really long, mediocre SNL sketch?

El Jeffe – October 02, 2017 10:05AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
the mobius strip of movie-to-tv-sketch-to-movie....

John Willoughby – October 02, 2017 11:19AM Reply Quote
Tom Petty died. Fuck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2017 11:20AM by John Willoughby.

johnny k – October 03, 2017 12:17PM Reply Quote
One of my all-time favorites. The Byrdsy 12-strings punctuating his lines always make me smile. Joy of perfect rock.

ddt – October 08, 2017 10:00AM Reply Quote
Anyone still watching Halt and Catch Fire? I was only keeping up out of boredom and completionism for the first few seasons, but damn, it's become an emotional powerhouse. Could Toby Huss always break our hearts with a few lines and expressions, or is this a recent thing? And I guess Lee Pace can, in fact, act, though that seems like a recent thing.

The "oh, I get it, they're standing in for Compaq|Jobs|Yahoo|etc". was always the least interesting part of it.

ddt

dharlow – October 08, 2017 10:17AM Reply Quote
For some reason I thought that show got cancelled.

El Jeffe – October 08, 2017 11:21AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I had a strong attraction to it in first season, not so much now. But yeah, I'm watching it.

porruka (Admin) – October 08, 2017 11:43AM Reply Quote
Failure is pre-greatness.
dharlow
For some reason I thought that show got cancelled.

It did in the sense that this was pre-known to be the final season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login