Spork Boards

Multi Media Discussion

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 07, 2007 09:41PM Reply Quote
Film, TV, video DVD, DV, Flash. Put the Multi to use here, folks.

ARL (Moderator) – June 11, 2017 04:11PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
I resemble that insinuation!

ARL (Moderator) – June 12, 2017 12:37AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
DPBD!

Well social media = multi media I guess.

Anyone done any FB rainbow flag trolling? Funniest 45 minutes of my week by far...

John Willoughby – June 16, 2017 06:49AM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!

bahamut – June 16, 2017 04:30PM Reply Quote
Why don't they buy Netflix already?

johnny k – June 20, 2017 11:12AM Reply Quote
Wonder Woman was really good. Great, for a Zach-Snyder-influenced movie. The beautifully colored cinematography with a much less stupid kind of violence. (I guess. I haven't seen any Zach Snyder films.) Wary of too much camp, as the DC heroes in my opinion seem to be more self-serious than the Avengers, but it was fine. Can't wait til my daughter's old enough to watch it. The beginning reminds me of one of our favorite books. Gal Gadot plays the facets of the character so well.

Can I just see the parts of Justice League that don't have Ben Affleck in them? And what the hell has Khal Drogo been doing all this time? He's got an 'it' look!

ARL (Moderator) – June 20, 2017 02:54PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Was rather stunned to learn Gal Gadot only got $450K for her part. Equality, #NotQuiteThereYet

johnny k – June 20, 2017 03:00PM Reply Quote
Why? Hollywood has been guilty of gender bias, but name recognition is even more important, and no one's heard of her before this. She'll get paid bigly for the sequel.
http://jezebel.com/gal-godots-wonder-woman-pay-gap-is-a-viral-misunderstan-1796264920

ARL (Moderator) – June 20, 2017 05:14PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
It's probably a bit of both, jk.

Mind you, with performances going back about 10 years (granted, the first one's obscure), "never heard of her" is a stretch.

John Willoughby – June 20, 2017 06:01PM Reply Quote
And remember, women are aged out of the prime income roles much earlier than men. By the time she gets to the top, she will stop getting the good roles.

ARL (Moderator) – June 20, 2017 06:23PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!

johnny k – June 21, 2017 08:02AM Reply Quote
Any of you knew her name before? I thought the Jezebel article answered the outrage pretty well. If you didn't read it, she got paid about what Robert Downey Jr. got for the first Ironman.

Anyway, as my wife mentioned, it'll be fun to see how her take-no-shit attitude collides with the men of Justice League. Presumably they won't tell her not to do things out of chivalry.

ddt – June 26, 2017 08:05AM Reply Quote
Anyone else watching the new Twin Peaks?

ddt

John Willoughby – June 26, 2017 11:54AM Reply Quote

Mokers (Moderator) – June 26, 2017 12:11PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin

a vanity project strictly for the fans

Sadly, this can apply to a lot of Apple work too often.

ARL (Moderator) – June 26, 2017 02:47PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Apple is at risk of becoming the microsoft bob of streaming media.

johnny k – June 26, 2017 03:56PM Reply Quote
Fact!

I'm still confused about Apple's goal here. It seem to be content that supports other branches of Apple's businesses, so comparison to Netflix is ill-fitting. Then we're just left with cheesy infomercials? Seems Apple doesn't have its heart in this.

bahamut – June 27, 2017 11:08AM Reply Quote
Apple already is the Microsoft Bob of streaming media. What's next, a private, iTunes only U2 concert?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2017 11:08AM by bahamut.

Cloudscout – June 27, 2017 12:00PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
That you are forced to watch.

John Willoughby – June 28, 2017 12:52PM Reply Quote
Oh, good, more coming.

johnny k – July 06, 2017 08:21AM Reply Quote
Latest to finish in my sci-fi binge:
- Ancillary Sword. The second in a trilogy. Still excellent. In terms of abstractedness, a balance between the hardest sci-fi I've read, Stars Are Legion, and the more mainstream stuff. But not compromising on what you'd read if the POV character is an AI ship.
- The Underground Railroad. Great. More fantastical realism than sci-fi. As opposed to Underground Airlines, it explores the slave experience much more effectively by not focusing on the plot, instead taking a version of the idea of states as laboratories of ___. I'm sure it's going to be a good indie movie someday.
- Four Roads Cross. Magical lawyers, god-corporations. Grisham+Harry Potter? Funny, bizarre, inventive world that still doesn't lose you with all the stuff it's throwing at you.
- The Collapsing Empire. Finished this last night and it's my favorite yet. Allegorical with our own pending disasters, maybe, but firstly a hilariously written galactic trade story. Can't wait to read more.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login