Spork Boards

Bahoot? Kersplat!

bahamut's Avatar Picture bahamut – December 09, 2007 05:56PM Reply Quote
Well, it's about time.

ARL (Moderator) – February 09, 2017 03:31PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Let me rephrase. Hasn't SMB on the Mac been flaky for years, and it's not the "preferred" way of connecting for filesharing etc if you're just networking with Macs?

Maybe I'm a bit out of date on SMB (this is quite literally the last thing I remember reading about smb).

bahamut – February 12, 2017 05:17PM Reply Quote
Yes! I thought SMB is depreciated as well. It's almost inoperative on my Mac.

El Jeffe – February 19, 2017 10:34AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I need 4k and push button remote controllers.

johnny k – February 19, 2017 11:39AM Reply Quote
I need Amazon Video, and I want content-specific channels, where I can just watch, say, Bob's Burgers without navigating down to whichever app I remember has it.

porruka (Admin) – February 19, 2017 12:02PM Reply Quote
Failure is pre-greatness.
johnny k
I need Amazon Video, and I want content-specific channels, where I can just watch, say, Bob's Burgers without navigating down to whichever app I remember has it.

"TV" gives you the first generation of cross-provider search, no?

AFA Amazon Video, that's going to be the perennial pissing match between Apple and Amazon over business models so not too hopeful there.

Cloudscout – February 19, 2017 12:55PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
My Fire TV devices do cross-provider searches but it doesn't seem to be exhaustive.

From time-to-time I use http://www.justwatch.com

ARL (Moderator) – February 19, 2017 02:36PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Amazon video Australia is truly awful. The most compelling argument yet to get rid of content geo-restrictions.

John Willoughby – February 19, 2017 03:51PM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!
Apple TV needs an approved, game-friendly controller and should not require games to function with the incredibly lame controller that it currently ships with.

bahamut – February 19, 2017 05:41PM Reply Quote
As long as Apple fights with Amazon, it has no hope to expand AppleTV. i

bahamut – June 08, 2017 05:37PM Reply Quote
FUCK MY LIFE.

I have been trying to deal with sync between my MBP and iMAC as best as I can. I was using icloud to maintain a critical directory for work. It was, I must admit, pissing me off since it kept deleting files that I hadn't used for 2 weeks (WHY? WHY?) and having me redownload them. I THINK I figured out how to fix that, but not sure.

Today I had to do some work involving Lightroom. Well guess what, Lightroom can't see iCLOUD. So I decided it was time to move everything in iCloud (all 20gb) to Dropbox (remember those guys?!). I did. I did 5 more hours of work. I opened my laptop and upstairs … soon enough both the Dropbox and Lightroom files were ALL FUCKING GONE.

Both services have the ability to restore. I'm doing that now. But

FUCK MY LIFE.

ARL (Moderator) – June 08, 2017 06:22PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Don't get me started on Dropbox...

dharlow – June 08, 2017 06:30PM Reply Quote
Dropbox, still use them, hate them. The best was when an employee left and their automated transfer of files failed and then they told me they could not give me access to that account to login. Even though it was a company paid account!

bahamut – June 08, 2017 07:39PM Reply Quote
The only time that I have ever been yelled at due to work was thanks to Dropbox....

bahamut – June 24, 2017 04:06AM Reply Quote
In other news, yes yes a thousand 10.5 inch iPad Pro yes. It's fantastic. 256GB of storage finally makes it usable. The speed is indeed good. Much as I liked my mega 12" iPad Pro, This size is just so much less bulky. The Smart Keyboard seems, if anything, more comfortable. The camera is finally decent quality (why did it take so long?). The OS is ALMOST there and I'm looking forward to 11, which will make it all better. I do have to adjust my ways of working to this thing, but it's all good. I wish I could customize a little (for example change the keyboard selector so that control 1 could be US keyboard, control 2 some foreign one), but generally it's not bad. I'd been thinking I needed a Chromebook, but no, this is enough to replace my flagship MBP as a bucket.

Finally.

ARL (Moderator) – July 24, 2017 10:36PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!

ddt – July 25, 2017 04:37AM Reply Quote
The jump between the iPad 3 and the current base model iPad (but with the middle level of storage) makes it feel, physically, like a totally different device. I was skeptical what a bit of weight and dimension loss could mean, but it means a lot (plus the multi-x speed difference). I lust after the iPad Pro but couldn't justify the cost. Though I certainly would do more with the iPad Pro than I try to do with the base iPad.

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – July 25, 2017 04:36PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
ddt
The jump between the iPad 3 and the current base model iPad (but with the middle level of storage) makes it feel, physically, like a totally different device. I was skeptical what a bit of weight and dimension loss could mean, but it means a lot (plus the multi-x speed difference). I lust after the iPad Pro but couldn't justify the cost. Though I certainly would do more with the iPad Pro than I try to do with the base iPad.

ddt

Seconded.

bahamut – July 25, 2017 06:55PM Reply Quote
I bought the new iPad Pro. It replaces my Mac in 80% of the use instances.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login