Spork Boards

Bahoot? Kersplat!

bahamut's Avatar Picture bahamut – December 09, 2007 05:56PM Reply Quote
Well, it's about time.

Cloudscout – August 01, 2016 10:01AM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
I'm curious about what the "supplier fraud" situation was that buried them.

Very sad.

Mokers (Moderator) – August 02, 2016 06:36AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
sad. just too easy for developers to put their apps on the app store. I would guess.

dharlow – August 02, 2016 07:26AM Reply Quote

John Willoughby – August 03, 2016 08:57AM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!
Looks like the last thing that I bought through Kagi was the Visual Hub Updater in 2011. And nothing much before that for a long while.

tomierna (Admin) – August 03, 2016 05:09PM Reply Quote
Hideously Unnatural
I most recently bought SoftRAID from Kagi (because Mac OS 10.11.x removes GUI management of RAID volumes).

There is another piece of software quite specific to my industry that we've bought from Kagi. We have probably ten licenses of it. I haven't yet e-mailed support to see if it's going to complicate moving the software to other machines.

Cloudscout – August 03, 2016 06:45PM Reply Quote
I checked various email accounts and it looks like I've purchased licenses for various Garage Sale versions and a license for some video mode config utility. Last purchase was 5 or 6 years ago.

bahamut – August 04, 2016 05:06PM Reply Quote
Rather obnoxious of them. I always hated Kagi because it put some serious crap in your system, and now it has screwed over the little guy.

ARL (Moderator) – August 04, 2016 06:00PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Just read the first half dozen pages of this thread on a whm.

Amusing to read the discussions about Apple Movie rentals vs Netflix (this is circa 1997) and how most people thought Netflix wasn't going to be a big player...

bahamut – August 09, 2016 04:25AM Reply Quote
Apple blew it big time.

johnny k – August 09, 2016 12:19PM Reply Quote
Maybe. A large part of Netflix's success is being hardware agnostic. Remember, it spun off Roku rather than appear to be competing with any hardware partners, and preserve its ubiquity.

Cloudscout – August 09, 2016 01:41PM Reply Quote
I don't think they were ever part of Netflix.

ARL (Moderator) – August 09, 2016 04:33PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Sorry, I meant circa 2007. Not 1997!

Cloudscout – August 10, 2016 10:15AM Reply Quote

Ahh. There was a division of Netflix that had developed its own hardware that was spun off and sold *to* Roku. Roku itself existed for several years before that and had other products already released prior to this.

John Willoughby – August 30, 2016 12:33PM Reply Quote
Transmission got infected with malware again. I like those guys, but they need to revise their procedures.

ddt – August 30, 2016 02:01PM Reply Quote
Looks like ClamXav won't be free any longer -- how does that stack up against ESET Cybersecurity?

ddt

dharlow – August 30, 2016 07:57PM Reply Quote
I use Sophos they have a free home version https://www.sophos.com/en-us/lp/sophos-home.aspx

El Jeffe – August 31, 2016 12:03AM Reply Quote
What a journey.

John Willoughby – August 31, 2016 05:41AM Reply Quote
I use Intego, not free. Very polished, but I honestly have no idea how it ranks as a security solution.

bahamut – September 10, 2016 07:19PM Reply Quote
This belongs in Kerplsalt if anything does…The biggest kerpslat of all?

No, another one of us isn't croaking … In fact, our longevity has been pretty damn good for now!

We started as diehard Apple fans, right? I remember this forum as early as what, the days of monsters like the Performa 6200?
We believed! We believed! And our beliefs were rewarded. Those of you who put money into AAPL know what I mean. $10,000 in 1995 is a million today. Our riches have been rewarded, our cups and orifices overflow with the bountiful gifts that the Steved one and his successor, "Tim" have given us.

But now, folks, now… WHAT THE FUCK?

Is there any hope for this company?

I'm on the Sierra GM. There is nothing compelling about any of this. I'm not sure I'll sell my stock since it'll be 15% capital gains off the top and then what? Where do I invest it in? Oi, secular stagnation makes my head hurt.

I'm buying the Apple Watch 2 (for the GPS) and a new iPhone 7 Plus (since my eyes are shit and reading close up will be almost impossible after cataract surgery this fall… the only benefit those gave me…). But I don't give a shit. And the AppleTV is a dog.

Apple has nothing going for it anymore except an ecology that we are all kind of locked into (and the fact that it's competitors are worse).

I don't see a reason to believe.

Do any of you?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login