Spork Boards

Just Health

El Jeffe's Avatar Picture El Jeffe – January 30, 2009 06:15AM Reply Quote
Just health.

Ron Burns – October 21, 2016 08:08AM Reply Quote
"We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation." Voltaire
UV exposure is a factor in cataract development... Too much unprotected time in that great outdoors?

El Jeffe – October 23, 2016 05:36AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
8 year anniversary of my esophagus cancer surgery.
Thankful to be 'here'.

Ron Burns – October 23, 2016 06:54AM Reply Quote
"We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation." Voltaire
As we are to have you here!!

John Willoughby – October 23, 2016 09:35AM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!
It wouldn't be the same without you!

bahamut – October 23, 2016 04:46PM Reply Quote
Interesting. I don't have those symptoms at all, but different strokes.

Everyone seems to think it's an easy enough operation to have.

johnny k – October 23, 2016 05:38PM Reply Quote
B, wait for the bionic AR eye. Next big wearable, for sure.

Many happy returns, Bill. You're a pillar of our eWorld. You didn't just survive, you're livin'.

Mokers (Moderator) – October 24, 2016 05:44AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
great news bill. I know it is a fight every day and here's hoping for another 50 rounds or so!

El Jeffe – October 25, 2016 06:17AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Thanks guys!
As an aside, a friend I dined with recently is now in hospital with very bad bacterial meningitis. Man, life is challenging. He feels good, but docs say his bloodwork (white cells, etc) are very bad. Pumping him full of antibiotics right now.

El Jeffe – October 27, 2016 02:11AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
dang it!
Friend's condition prompted them to move him to a larger hospital (he was at a more local campus) and they were supposed to do emergency brain surgery on him last night. I have not heard any other details, as I was communicating directly with him, not anyone else.
Been friends since childhood. He's 'very healthy' as they say. Totally taken by surprise.

bahamut – October 27, 2016 05:30AM Reply Quote
Yikes! Sorry to hear that.

El Jeffe – October 27, 2016 05:34AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
update. move to new hospital, new team re-evaluated. Diagnosis is now that he had a brain aneurysm, that appeared to be meningitis until testing showed otherwise. He is currently undergoing cerebral angiogram. He basically had this for 7 or 8 days! Poor guy.

bahamut – October 27, 2016 05:56AM Reply Quote
Poor guy!

But at least he is getting the attention he needed.

ARL (Moderator) – October 27, 2016 04:40PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Well, an aneurysm untreated for over a week hopefully means it's minor (a major one would have killed him).

My mother had an aneurysm around 15 years ago and fully recovered (the recovery was pretty shitty though, several months of headaches, medication etc).

El Jeffe – November 01, 2016 03:24PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
sat all day with friend through getting prepped and returning from nearly 6 hour brain surgery. He's beat the hell up... but will come out better than before. Just the next week will be a pain for him, but no real danger of anything bad will be happening now. long day. glad he's out the other side and well now.

ARL (Moderator) – November 01, 2016 04:25PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
If it's similar to the surgery my mother had, it ain't pretty. But a month from now the worst is over.

El Jeffe – November 04, 2016 12:15PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
OMG. My friend just checked himself out of hospital.

John Willoughby – November 04, 2016 12:26PM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!
El Jeffe
OMG. My friend just checked himself out of hospital.

Is he okay for that, or has he rejected the hospital's care and leaving prematurely?

El Jeffe – November 04, 2016 02:06PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I think he's made unwise decision for a reason unknown to me, just one day after being release from ICU. Totally told no one he was doing this. That I know of.
If he had really thought it wise, he'd have told a group chat that had been formed to stay in touch with his status. He did not.
I feel a bit miffed and confused; but overall hope he's ok.

ARL (Moderator) – November 04, 2016 03:29PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Um, if he's just had brain surgery (I assume they had to clip the vein with the aneurysm) that's really, really unwise...

El Jeffe – November 05, 2016 01:57AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
yes. wife and I spent all night shaking our heads and worried about him. But, he's 40 miles away. I pray for him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login