Just Health

El Jeffe's Avatar Picture El Jeffe – January 30, 2009 06:15AM Reply Quote
Just health.

Jeff Cooper – May 05, 2016 03:10AM Reply Quote
Hoping for the best, Jeffe.

El Jeffe – May 05, 2016 03:23AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
thanks!
(oh, that new bike lane by your office... bewildering for traffic... :) )

bahamut – May 05, 2016 05:27PM Reply Quote
Ugh. Good luck with that el Jeffe.

Mokers (Moderator) – May 06, 2016 02:41PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
good friend passed this week. I didn't want to post this here Jeffe because it hits close to home. Really glad that you are with us buddy.

http://www.ctmq.org/edhill/

El Jeffe – May 06, 2016 04:22PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I'm glad you knew him as a friend.
these diseases make me sad and mad.
Thanks, and hug your loved ones.

John Willoughby – May 06, 2016 04:25PM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!
I'm sorry, Mokers.

Ron Burns – May 07, 2016 03:37AM Reply Quote
"We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation." Voltaire
As we're glad that you are... hope it settles down soon.

bahamut – May 12, 2016 05:50PM Reply Quote
Sorry.

Jeff Cooper – May 15, 2016 05:58AM Reply Quote
Sorry too.

El Jeffe – May 16, 2016 12:30PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
test are back.
Usually doc says "Looks fine" But today said they needed to see me.
It's complicated. But lung health keeps going down. Nothing too serious. Lots of little things adding up to suckage.

And they note I have a broken rib. Yeah, I told my doc I'm in a lot of pain on my side. That makes sense.
And they see/saw my already existing kidney stone.
Life goes on. Just dealing with it.

johnny k – May 16, 2016 01:22PM Reply Quote
Jeez, how'd you break the rib? ddt sneak one in? Keep your hands up.

El Jeffe – May 16, 2016 03:09PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Well, I can only suspect/hope I coughed too hard. It does note no indication of what a layman might call bone cancer/lesions.
I'm not all that satisfied with all the findings. There are enough maybes and wishy-washy interpretations that should it go the wrong way....

ARL (Moderator) – May 17, 2016 03:30PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Heal up soon, Jeffe.

bahamut – May 18, 2016 03:21PM Reply Quote
Ugh, you'll beat it man.

El Jeffe – June 25, 2016 12:32PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Attended a cancer survivor summit at Colts Facility today. Nice and interesting information that would have been a whole-lot-more helpful prior to the whole cut me up like a chicken step.
Another couple (breast cancer survivor) we know showed up and sat at our table. Nice lunch provided. Colt have a nice training facility. Looks like it's geared to basically feed them right next to the practice field.

Even after 7 1/2 years later, I get choked up hearing about all this suffering from this crappy disease. One woman there I spoked with said she wanted me to think about becoming a presenter and offering 'my story' to others. I wish I could be a good example, but I get too emotional to be of any real value.

ARL (Moderator) – June 25, 2016 03:24PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
I don't know why, but that conjured up images from Fight Club...

Were there group hugs?

(On a serious note, glad you're still here 7.5 yrs on, Jeffe)

El Jeffe – July 08, 2016 03:03AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Something went awry Monday evening. No clue what yet. Very strong midsection pain. I found out that morphine they gave me makes me very sick/nauseated, and that feeling lasts many hours into a day. Pain has subsided. Just mystery remains.

John Willoughby – July 08, 2016 08:52AM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!
Sorry about your pain, El Jeffe. I hope nothing comes of it.

bahamut – October 20, 2016 05:19PM Reply Quote
Scheduled cataract surgery for January. I'm 49, it's early. WtF? Bad luck? Booze? Who knows.

I'm thinking of getting the Synfony lenses in case any of you have any experience...

El Jeffe – October 21, 2016 02:46AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
sorry. But every single person I know who has had that done has been successful, without incident, and improved their vision.
Was yours something new? Or congenital? I have had massive retinopathy/issues. Any eye thing is a degradation of vision - acuity, light, color. So, it's all eventually the same.

The one thing the BRAIN does is compensate for vision issues. As much as it can. So, like ALL OF US, we have blind spots. Where the cortex is. And NONE of us usually notice it. The brain stitches it all together. My retina issues I have a large percent of my vision as totally blind. But after years, I don't sense it. While I was going through that, they noticed I have what they assume/d are congenital cataracts. Just like all of our blind spots, and my diseased retina blind spot, I don't SENSE IT. But, I could have surgery and have chosen not to at this time.

I find medical tests at least interesting and sometimes captivating. Every time I get my eyes examined, it is OBVIOUS when they are focusing the light precisely on the cataract because it strongly refracts just at that point, and 'dazzles' the (inner..duh) retina with a shower of light. So, it's really a little crystal prism. I think it's kind of cool. And if it's a new eye doc, s/he usually pauses, retraces steps, and I can tell they EITHER want to comment on the cataract, or actually DO comment on it. Mostly to ask if I am aware that I have a cataract. I AM AWARE, but again, from the logic of my second paragraph, it's not because I can SENSE IT, it's because I see it during the testing and/or because the prior docs have pointed it out to me. My cataract situation is a few rungs down on my medical concerns, and so I push it off. Just my personal choice at this time.

I think your procedure will go well and you might notice a slight improvement in visual acuity depending upon its location.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login