Spork Boards

Just Health

El Jeffe's Avatar Picture El Jeffe – January 30, 2009 06:15AM Reply Quote
Just health.

John Willoughby – March 27, 2009 02:18PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support

El Jeffe – March 27, 2009 03:09PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
No. At most hot chocolate every now and again, but not lately. I have never had a glass (hot or cold) of tea my entire life

Jeff Cooper – March 31, 2009 07:59AM Reply Quote
Took an attention test at the suggestion of my psychologist, and failed it rather spectacularly. Not good.

El Jeffe – March 31, 2009 08:10AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Any short description of what that entails?

John Willoughby – March 31, 2009 09:04AM Reply Quote
Maybe you just have a boring psychologist? Sorry, Jeff.

Jeff Cooper – March 31, 2009 09:48AM Reply Quote
It was a computer test (a DOS program--gonna party like it's 1992). A black box in the center of the screen (maybe two inches by two inches); a smaller white square flashes intermittently in either the top half or the bottom half of the box. You're supposed to click a clicker when the square appears in the top half and not click when it appears in the bottom half. The test lasts 20 minutes. I did okay in the first five minutes, but my performance in the last 15 minutes was really, really low. Yes, the test is mind-numbingly boring, but you're supposed to do better than I did. My reaction time was also quite slow.

A complicating factor in my case is that the test is a bit like a visual field test (although the lights are bigger and not so much in the peripheral vision). I have problems with the visual field test (some optic nerve damage related to my MS), and I did feel like I was having some visual artifacting during the test. So to some extent the results are probably measuring my MS as much as anything.

El Jeffe – March 31, 2009 10:03AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
ok. so unlike ddt, it sounds like a fight between you and me (Bill, the skeleton, Smith) is even-ing up.

Jeff Cooper – March 31, 2009 10:21AM Reply Quote
Well, given that I'd stop paying attention midway through, I think you'd have an easy time of it.

John Willoughby – March 31, 2009 10:22AM Reply Quote
Bill is the Highlander.

El Jeffe – March 31, 2009 10:30AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Hey, I guess I didn't pay attention in health class. I just realized (by using my EYES) that there is this weird additional rib (bone) below one's (MINE) ribcage. I saw this other knob/knot/bump and my wife said "Yeah, that's another floating rib or something." to which she added "but you not supposed to SEE IT"

Her big complaint NOW is that standing next to ME, she looks even fatter. (her words not mine)

But I cannot recall seeing that rib thing kind lower and set-in more. (Eating Reese cup now to try and hide the rib)

John Willoughby – March 31, 2009 10:44AM Reply Quote
Just tape the candy to your torso. Faster.

El Jeffe – March 31, 2009 10:49AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Uggh.... two Reeses... not good... feel sick.

ARL (Moderator) – March 31, 2009 08:35PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
I've had a cold for two weeks now. I am so over colds. I am so over Kiera having colds. I am sick of snot, phlegm, mucous, coughing, tissues, cough lozenges, headaches, sore throats and crying babies with the same symptoms. Kill me now please.

John Willoughby – March 31, 2009 09:11PM Reply Quote
Missile dispatched.

El Jeffe – April 01, 2009 04:16AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
It's been 6 months since I knew my surgical fate. It's good to be on the other side of such a dark, unknown future. Last three days of eating have been above average for me. I mean, I am not getting as seriously sick/pain after every bite/meal. Still not gaining weight. But not losing as far as I can tell. I did awake last night with some more recollection of events immediately following the surgery, that I had forgotten. Like the fact that I had blood circulation cuffs on my legs. And the face of my ICU (male) nurse, whom I apparently did not like. Or it might have been that even Jesus would have caught my bad side after such a surgery experience.

El Jeffe
They will have to remove all of my esophagus, raise my stomach into my chest.
8 hour surgery, 14 days in hospital, feeding tube for possibly months, months of feeling crappy, one year to potentially be able to eat normally (if ever).

I do not look forward to this at all.

El Jeffe – April 07, 2009 05:13PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Did you cyclists see this? Or did any of you Amazing Race fans see this?

I saw him on Bonnie Hunt this morning.

ddt – April 07, 2009 09:00PM Reply Quote
cool -- thanks!

and i was just going to send you this link: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=102824676

eta: dang, he's already way past my location. i wanted to ride with phil! he's got the same bike sponsor, too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2009 09:03PM by ddt.

El Jeffe – April 08, 2009 02:42AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Well, come here on the 26th and I'll ride with you. But let me know ahead of time so I can prepare my old body and Nishiki. :)
I don't have much weight to push/pedal around. :) It's nice and flat here, so not too tough.
This looks just like mine.

El Jeffe – April 13, 2009 06:31AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I'm on another (hopefully short lived) downswing.
Last week started having problems eating. Nausea. Weight loss.
My primary care physician wants me to go back on the IV feeding. :(

Sigh, I am so ready to get back to normal, guys.

Trying to eat some baked cod now and see how I do with it.

John Willoughby – April 17, 2009 10:05AM Reply Quote
Got a major lump on the underside of my chin/front of my throat; kind of where one might feel swollen glands with an infection. Feels like half of a hard-boiled egg. When I press on it, the base of my tongue feels very odd. I remember about a month ago, my tongue wouldn't work right; very weak on the left side and painful depending on how I moved my tongue. It cleared up in a day, and I forgot about it. Perhaps a bad idea. It's probably just an infection or something, but disturbing none-the-less. I'll see the doctor Monday for more info. (Why do my medical issues always come to the boiling point on Fridays?)

I'm going to watch Kindergarten Cop just to hear the Governor of California say, "It's not a toomah!"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login