Spork Boards

Just Health

El Jeffe's Avatar Picture El Jeffe – January 30, 2009 06:15AM Reply Quote
Just health.

El Jeffe – November 17, 2017 11:37AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
since I suck at understanding our benefits, long story short, wife got Lasik today. It's funny how the computer tells the doctor it would take 10 seconds for one eye and 3 seconds (iirc) for the other eye. Everything else is just preparation.
But not as much fun and painless and I had been led to believe. My lesson learned is keep a couple of pain pills from something else handy, and never hurts to take something before hand. (Acetaminophen, aspirin, naproxen, ibuprofen, Jack)

ARL (Moderator) – November 17, 2017 02:46PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!

and never hurts to take something before hand.

Yup, I always try to do an eight-ball before visiting my GP.

John Willoughby – November 22, 2017 08:22AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Wife and I both woke up with persistent headaches this morning (unusual). I'm wondering what, if anything. will manifest. I'm regretting not making time for a flu shot this year. They've worked in the past.

johnny k – November 22, 2017 10:31AM Reply Quote
Hm, maybe that's what we've all got. Kids and I have been hacking all week, also headaches that throb when I move my head come and go.

El Jeffe – November 22, 2017 12:22PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
it's the fear of holiday, not working, being or trying to be happy and aloof.... face it, you're a slave to the grind!

ARL (Moderator) – November 22, 2017 03:19PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
I get jabbed every year for flushot. Baffled why people would take the risk if iit can be avoided.

John Willoughby – November 22, 2017 03:56PM Reply Quote
I'm hoping to get an excuse to miss work, but the joke's on me this year as it strikes at the start of a 4-day holiday in the US. Still not sure that it's the flu; might just be unshakable headache and mild nausea.

El Jeffe – November 22, 2017 04:35PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
ok, perfect TG timing related... our oven just started sparking and smoking from inside. PERRRRFECT....

John Willoughby – November 22, 2017 07:30PM Reply Quote
I hope that you have better luck than we did replacing our stove top. It took two months to find a model that would fit and get the damn installer over. On the plus side, Whirlpool paid us $250 for our thirty-year-old previous unit because it caught fire. I still have no idea why.

John Willoughby – November 23, 2017 11:16AM Reply Quote
Hah. Headache still with me, and I have a fever. I think that I'm a lucky winner. Meh, at least I am at home and can kick back and relax. Happy Thanksgiving to all thems what celebrates it!

Cloudscout – November 24, 2017 08:48AM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
My mom is an elementary school teacher. Her school has a total of 400-500 students. About 200 were absent on Tuesday because of a norovirus outbreak.

http://www.fox9.com/news/norovirus-outbreak-at-lakeville-schools

ARL (Moderator) – November 24, 2017 02:36PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Holy crap! (sorry, bad pun)

Dr Phred (Moderator) – January 05, 2018 04:06PM Reply Quote
owned by the mothership.
I had that last winter. Bad for everyone involved.

John Willoughby – January 05, 2018 04:09PM Reply Quote
The doctor is in!

Cloudscout – January 05, 2018 06:38PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
Wind up your radios!

ARL (Moderator) – January 06, 2018 02:00AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
John Willoughby
The doctor is in!

?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2018 02:01AM by ARL.

ARL (Moderator) – January 06, 2018 02:02AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Shit, sorry about the image size...

El Jeffe – January 06, 2018 09:00AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
no problem. don't be sorry.
I remember touching the TARDIS 6 1/2 years ago before I really knew much about it/DW.
It was at Caernerfon castle, IIRC. Or, one of the props was. VERY sturdy and strong.
My all-time favorite season of TV is Broadchurch S1, with her in it.

John Willoughby – March 16, 2018 10:54AM Reply Quote
I snapped a crown off at the root... almost none of the tooth it was anchored to left. Since I'm not in pain, and the dentist's office is closed on Fridays (and today, especially, due to snow), I am going to whistle comically when I speak until Monday. I guess that I'll be getting a bridge. Yay, decrepitude.

I have had crowns come off three times. All three times it has been on a Friday. What are the odds? Well, 1/343, I guess.

bahamut – March 16, 2018 02:39PM Reply Quote
El Jeffe, YES! Broadchurch may be the best TV show my wife and I have ever watched. The Tunnel, and Fortitude are in that vein too, albeit different.

Sorry about the crown, JW.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login