Spork Boards
Hot Spork Chat : Join us in an AIM chat room!

Just Health

El Jeffe's Avatar Picture El Jeffe – January 30, 2009 06:15AM Reply Quote
Just health.

johnny k – June 07, 2017 08:29AM Reply Quote
Sucky circumstances aside, that is pretty awesome that you can get artificial lenses. You'll be ready for Apple's drop-in replacement in 10 years.

ARL (Moderator) – June 07, 2017 04:02PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Yup, I want a HUD and IR & X-ray vision...

bahamut – June 07, 2017 04:13PM Reply Quote
Yeah, it's pretty nice. I marvel at how small the text on my iPad is.

John Willoughby – June 07, 2017 06:50PM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!
ARL
Yup, I want a HUD and IR & X-ray vision...

El Jeffe – September 12, 2017 11:43AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
i've begun developing skin conditions recently. I swear mine began with a bug bite.

John Willoughby – September 12, 2017 11:50AM Reply Quote
My lizardification seems to be making a comeback, too. I wonder if something bit me... seems unlikely, as the point of origin seems to be my left elbow.

ARL (Moderator) – September 12, 2017 03:57PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
My face has recently decided to become a red blotchy mess. Puzzled if it's booze related or not as I have recently downgraded my drinking to "heavy" (where it was previously "functional alcoholic"). Not really wild about the rosy cheeked look unless I want to impersonate Santa Claus...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2017 03:57PM by ARL.

El Jeffe – September 13, 2017 12:11AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
yep, one of my current new things. And NO ... and aside from scores of Mormons, I'm the furthest person capable of this being alcohol beverage related. (never had a drop)
I find it CURIOUS and odd that you are getting this too. Something change in the universe? We pass through a section of space that is doing something to us? Began antibiotics and topical cream yesterday.

John Willoughby – September 13, 2017 06:23AM Reply Quote
Attack of the Lizard People!

Mokers (Moderator) – September 13, 2017 07:35AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
I went to the doctor last week, because my skin was splotchy (whitening) in some areas. Got some antifungal cream, so we'll see where it goes.

Ron Burns – September 13, 2017 10:34AM Reply Quote
"We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation." Voltaire
X8.2 (R3-Strong) X-Ray Event Observed at 10/1606 UTC.
published: Monday, September 11, 2017 19:58 UTC
An X8.2 X-Ray flare (R3-Strong radio blackout) occurred on 10 September at 1606 UTC (12:06 ET). The source region was Region 2673, now located just around the visible disk. This R3 event produced a rapid increase in relativistic proton levels which are currently above the S3 (Strong) threshold.

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov

John Willoughby – September 13, 2017 12:39PM Reply Quote
Don't worry; Trump will fix this by shutting down the NOAA.

ARL (Moderator) – September 30, 2017 05:25PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
...aaand I'm back in bed again. Probably for the next two weeks.

2017 can go eat a bag of dicks ...

John Willoughby – September 30, 2017 06:12PM Reply Quote
Sorry, ARL. I hope that you're mobile again sooner rather than later.

El Jeffe – October 01, 2017 02:26PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
seconded.

El Jeffe – October 02, 2017 11:26AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Morbid question...
do you guys have an age you think you'll live to?

I'm of two minds. 9 years ago this WEEK I was only given 20 or so percent chance to live 5 years. Even having beaten those odds, I still feel like I really don't have too many years left in me most days.
Battling many obstacles (heart attacks and numerous cancers; being torpedoed off 2 WW II ships...) my dad still made it to 83. Brother died of first heart attack at 47. Mom 78, lung cancer.
I will fight like HELL... but it would not surprise me if I only have like 5 years left before something hits and gets me.

Not wanting to force anyone into my morbid discussion unwillingly. But curious what others think.

John Willoughby – October 02, 2017 11:50AM Reply Quote
I've been having medical issues for a year or so. It's like I'm just out of warranty: everything's breaking at once. Nothing life threatening, as yet, but I'm basically due for a heart attack the next time that I sneeze.

I don't think that I have a long-term future; but I'm hoping for ten years, just to see my youngest through college.

Valar Morghulis.

ARL (Moderator) – October 02, 2017 12:25PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
I don't want to be an 80 year old quadriplegic, put it that way...

I'm already falling apart and it rarely ends well based on the people I know in the same situation as me.

If I make it to my daughter's 21st, that will do me.

[Edit: stupid AutoCorrect ]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2017 11:42PM by ARL.

porruka (Admin) – October 02, 2017 06:45PM Reply Quote
Failure is pre-greatness.
In my 20's, I was convinced I wouldn't see 50 (for a variety of reasons) and now I am staring directly at it.

Beyond that, who knows? Like JW, some things are starting to degrade at a more rapid pace, but hopefully around for a while. My dad had his first (of 6 total I think) heart attack younger than I am now, and made it to 75. That gives a decent range.

John Willoughby – October 03, 2017 06:02AM Reply Quote
Well, the doctor was doing cartwheels over my LDL cholesterol yesterday. Apparently a steady diet of unsugared breakfast cereal and fruit has the side-effect of reducing cholesterol, in addition to its primary effect of removing any desire to live.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login