Spork Boards

What sells computers most?

ghidorah's Avatar Picture ghidorah – December 09, 2007 04:50PM Reply Quote
thats right--games.

John Willoughby – October 21, 2016 10:58AM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!
I don't think that I'd've gotten the Blade Pro even if it had been available. So far the regular Blade has been able to play everything that I'd wanted to play. Still, I covet more storage space...

James DeBenedetti – October 23, 2016 09:40AM Reply Quote
I'm really tempted to order the Razer Blade now so I'll have something decent to game with next weekend. Even the top of the line MBP from Thursday's announcement will probably be only half as fast, and Apple's new monitor won't be ready for 6+ months. Also, OBS Studio never seems to work with old video drivers, and new games tend to require updated drivers to fix bugs / run decently, but Apple only updates its bootcamp drivers once or twice a year.

James DeBenedetti – October 23, 2016 10:47AM Reply Quote

John Willoughby – October 23, 2016 02:41PM Reply Quote
James DeBenedetti
I'm really tempted to order the Razer Blade now so I'll have something decent to game with next weekend.

Can you get one that quickly? As I recall, mine took a while to arrive.

James DeBenedetti – October 23, 2016 02:58PM Reply Quote
The top two QHD+ models are "now shipping" (the rest say 10/25), and people have already received theirs and posted reviews on YouTube. Do you think it would take more than a week to get here?

John Willoughby – October 23, 2016 05:56PM Reply Quote
Mine wasn't "Shipping Now," so I guess you're good to go!

Mokers (Moderator) – October 24, 2016 05:48AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Interesting, re: THX. They still have a decent brand, but are overshadowed by Dolby and DTS. Seems like they want to let the company run as is, so more than just an IP play.

ddt – October 24, 2016 05:48AM Reply Quote
Hey, if you've got a Windows box, here's something else fun you could run: http://www.righto.com/2016/10/simulating-xerox-alto-with-contralto.html

Wonder if a Windows emulator could support this. Emulation w/in emulation.

ddt

Mokers (Moderator) – October 24, 2016 06:17AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
I bet it would run. Contralto is written in C# so no hardware abstraction going on, so I don't think it would know you are running a VM.

ddt – October 24, 2016 06:52AM Reply Quote
Back at MacAddict we got loan of a Sun computer (hot-swappable hard drive!) so we could run a Mac emulator and try to run a Windows emulator in it. We wanted to see how many layers deep we could go.

ddt

James DeBenedetti – October 24, 2016 07:52PM Reply Quote
John, if you plug the iPhone earbuds into your Razer, can you use the mic and audio playback simultaneously (like a Mac), or does it force you to choose one or the other?

John Willoughby – October 25, 2016 09:39AM Reply Quote
I have never tried, James. I will try to check, but I don't use any audio-in apps. Maybe I'll try Blizzard Voice and see if my wife can hear me in-game.

James DeBenedetti – October 26, 2016 07:27PM Reply Quote
Remember when Apple actually cared about, you know, computers? I'd actually consider buying one if they used current rather than previous gen GPUs. Meanwhile, it's time to get ready for GTA: Hipster

ddt – October 26, 2016 07:39PM Reply Quote
Re: that Watchdogs SF trailer. Aside from "bored now" from me... that's more a Bitcoin/startup bro's wet dream about how they see themselves. Just combine making a lot of money with the "we're disrupting" and you've got that.

ddt

James DeBenedetti – October 26, 2016 08:26PM Reply Quote
Hence my GTA: Hipster comment.

ddt – October 27, 2016 07:10AM Reply Quote
Yeah, I saw that. But hipsters!=startup bros. Believe me, I have to walk through crowds of both on a regular basis.

ddt

Mokers (Moderator) – October 27, 2016 08:05AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
I am excited for Watchdogs 2. Watchdogs 1 was pretty good. Lots of open ended gameplay and there are several ways to complete each objective. As for Watchdogs 2, I don't think the protagonist is supposed to be a tech bro, or even the developers see themselves as that:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/26/13426758/martin-shkreli-watch-watch-dogs-2-parody-of-himself

bahamut – October 27, 2016 06:41PM Reply Quote
My son still loves his Alienware alpha i3. He is enjoying Hyperlight Drifter a lot. Thanks for that recommendation!

johnny k – October 27, 2016 07:14PM Reply Quote
Awesome! I only really sat down to play it once but couldn't stop for an hour, it flowed so smooth. But the Kickstarter journey and updates have been great, second only to Lizard. Seriously, I don't care if that one ever ships - the updates have been amazing. You must read them if you're interested in how devs squeezed so much out of the NES hardware. Game does look fun, too.

bahamut – October 28, 2016 04:35AM Reply Quote
Wow, Lizard looks great.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login